Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Carson Palmer

Carson probably had one of the most under the radar 4000 yard passing seasons last season. He posted above average overall numbers and looked really good (and pretty bad) at times also.

Carson has a chance to start over in Arizona. At age 33, it will likely be his last to do so.

So the question is, what can we expect from Carson this season, and the rest of his career?

Kurt Warner came to the Cardinals at a similar age, and after 2 so-so seasons, really carried the team for 3 seasons before hanging them up. Palmer has never been Kurt Warner, but he has had success in the past, and still has one of the better arms in the league.

Larry Fitzgerald is still one of the best WRs in the NFL, and should be so for a few more years. Michael Floyd showed some promise as a rookie, and should grow with better QB play and a year under his belt. Andre Roberts is young, and one of the more underrated WRs in the league. Add to that mix Ryan Swope and what appears to be an improved run game, as well as an improved O-Line and the Cardinals are looking like they have a chance on offense.

Can Palmer resurrect his career and put together some impressive years before hanging them up?

*Note, not a Cardinals fan or a Carson Palmer fan, just kind of curious as to where everyone thinks he is at this point in his career
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with the 49ers and Seattle in the division, and playing in the NFC behind a terrible offensive line with no running game, he's going to struggle. Still an upgrade over what they had last season, but all in all I don't think he'll come close to looking like he used to seven years ago. I think he's pretty washed up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks! .....oh, sorry, I thought this was a word association game.

But yeah, no, Palmer isn't going to do well. Unless you consider throwing from behind for lots of Ints and some garbage time TDs doing well, in which case he'll do great.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's likely to be highly motivated, and he has a chance to convince Arizona not to target a young passer in next year's draft. Palmer's still got some talent, and this might be the best receiving group he's ever had to throw to.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year and play really well. I'm thinking about pickng him up in fantasy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think with the 49ers and Seattle in the division, and playing in the NFC behind a terrible offensive line with no running game, he's going to struggle. Still an upgrade over what they had last season, but all in all I don't think he'll come close to looking like he used to seven years ago. I think he's pretty washed up.
This is a somewhat valid point, but lets not forget the Cardinals had one of the better defenses in the NFL, and Todd Bowles should replace Horton well so it should be a more complete game from the Cardinals.

The O-Line was one of the worst in the NFL last season, but it did look improved the last 7 games of the season, allowing 16 sacks in that time. The additions of Cooper and Watford should help a lot as well. The run game was horrible last season, and the addition of a Mendenhall friendly coach, as well as Williams and Stepfan Taylor should be enough to improve the run game.

I think Carson had a pretty good season last year considering the circumstances. Carson should be relieved to be in Arizona, and should be somewhat rejuvenated. I don't think another 4000 yard 25+ td season is out of the question for him.

He may not be the Peyton Manning type QB he was looking like he mayhave been during his early career, but I still think he's got a chance to put a good end of his career together. He's 33, and if he can play well, there's no reason to believe he can't play another 4-5 seasons.

As you can tell, I'm kind of rooting for the guy. I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to see him do well
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I think he's likely to be highly motivated, and he has a chance to convince Arizona not to target a young passer in next year's draft. Palmer's still got some talent, and this might be the best receiving group he's ever had to throw to.

It's tough to beat out Ocho, Who's-your-mama and Chris Henry back in the day, that 2006 season was something special really. Chad had 87 for 1369 and 7tds, TJ had 90 for 1081 and 9tds, Henry had 36 for 605 and 9tds.

With that said, the Cardinals are a lot more talented at WR than I think people realize. Actually, on offense as a whole
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
This is a somewhat valid point, but lets not forget the Cardinals had one of the better defenses in the NFL, and Todd Bowles should replace Horton well so it should be a more complete game from the Cardinals.

The O-Line was one of the worst in the NFL last season, but it did look improved the last 7 games of the season, allowing 16 sacks in that time. The additions of Cooper and Watford should help a lot as well. The run game was horrible last season, and the addition of a Mendenhall friendly coach, as well as Williams and Stepfan Taylor should be enough to improve the run game.

I think Carson had a pretty good season last year considering the circumstances. Carson should be relieved to be in Arizona, and should be somewhat rejuvenated. I don't think another 4000 yard 25+ td season is out of the question for him.

He may not be the Peyton Manning type QB he was looking like he mayhave been during his early career, but I still think he's got a chance to put a good end of his career together. He's 33, and if he can play well, there's no reason to believe he can't play another 4-5 seasons.

As you can tell, I'm kind of rooting for the guy. I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to see him do well
Fair enough, I just think there is too many "if's" involved and factors working against Carson for him to succeed. Maybe he'll have another season where he puts up a lot of garbage time yardage and touchdowns. I don't doubt that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
[/b]

It's tough to beat out Ocho, Who's-your-mama and Chris Henry back in the day, that 2006 season was something special really. Chad had 87 for 1369 and 7tds, TJ had 90 for 1081 and 9tds, Henry had 36 for 605 and 9tds.

With that said, the Cardinals are a lot more talented at WR than I think people realize. Actually, on offense as a whole
Yeah, I know who he was throwing to in '06. My point is more that no one has any idea how good the Cardinals receiving corps is because they haven't had a real quarterback in a couple of years.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like most people said here most of his stats come in garbage time. Another knock on him is that when the game is on the line, he finds a way to screw **** up.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he stays healthy, I definitely see him going for 4k yards with a lot of touchdowns AND interceptions. I mean, they're gonna throw like 600 times because that's what Arians likes and they don't have the line to run the ball down anyone's throat.

They're not making the playoffs, though. Like 0% chance.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be the same guy he was in Oakland. WIth that Cards Oline Palmer is going to struggle.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
He'll be the same guy he was in Oakland. WIth that Cards Oline Palmer is going to struggle.
The Cardinals line isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. They'll have Levi Brown, their best offensive tackle, back after he missed all of last season with a torn triceps, Bobby Massie (the rookie who was forced to play in his stead last year) improved steadily as the year went on and Arizona was satisfied enough with his improvement that they didn't aggressively pursue other options in the offseason, and they drafted Jonathan Cooper. So their line wasn't great last year (although their QB play was atrocious and they didn't have a capable running back), and this year they're going to have two players they didn't have last year, who are both better than anyone they had playing last year, as well as some young players who are improving.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think too many people only remember the Rams game, rather than the season as a whole
Old 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massie played way better at the end of last year than Levi Brown has ever played we still don't have a decent LT and I almost rather have Nate Potter there so Brown can play RG

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cards will actually run the ball very well once their OL settles.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think the Cards will actually run the ball very well once their OL settles.
Settles to what? They added a guard to the worst line in football, it's not going to magically become good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Settles to what? They added a guard to the worst line in football, it's not going to magically become good.
Why don't you read what's in a thread before responding?
Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cause then he wouldn't get chances to try and utilize his charisma to be pithy like some WWF wrestler.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did, and that doesn't change anything. Their O-Line WAS that bad, and they've added some pieces (so I exaggerated, I just hate CGF most of the time) but it's not going to settle into anything close to average even with Cooper/an alive Brown/a fourth round guard. The whole "Cards O-Line badness is exaggerated" crap is untrue, they were the worst line last year and they didn't do enough to fix it. Also, to add on...

Levi Brown- one half of a good season in his entire year, and who knows if he'll even reach that height again
Massie- improved at the end of the year, so I'll give you that
Cooper- Again I'll give you that

So that's what, 2/5th of the line? They still had by far the worst line in football last year.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 05-25-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer is not a good quarterback.

I never seen a quarterback live off of 2 good years more than Carson Palmer. I just don't understand it. He's not a good qb. He had 2 good years of play and has either been mediocre or garbage for the rest of his career.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that knee injury didn't help much. He career trajectory was promising and after that injury it went down. I thought prior to injury he would put excellent numbers when it was all said and done.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really more his elbow than his knee. And his brain. Because you can say whatever you want about the knee and elbow, but Palmer has thrown some terrible interceptions that had nothing to do with either.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And who cares if he threw for a lot of yards? Ok cool? I remember Kyle Orton throwing for a lot of yards a couple of years ago. Kyle Orton sucks.

I remember Phillip Rivers having a cult following on here after throwing for a lot of yards 2 seasons in a row. If he doesn't play well this year he's gonna get cut.

Throwing for a lot of yards is the most useless qb stat in today's NFL. It's not hard throwing for a lot of yards. It's a passing league.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After that god knows what happens. That's like that show on USA network where the sports shrink helps athletes with those issue. Maybe he needs to see one of them or needed to see one of them after his injury.

Who knows what the problem is now?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote