Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I really wonder whats going to happen to games that required the always online and cloud to play, mostly Titanfall. Since I really dont know much about the whole process, anyone know how that will affect their development? Or will certain games just require you to always be online when you play them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also, I really wonder whats going to happen to games that required the always online and cloud to play, mostly Titanfall. Since I really dont know much about the whole process, anyone know how that will affect their development? Or will certain games just require you to always be online when you play them?
That is something that makes me nervous is that "The publishers" will require a check in or a DRM or that Microsoft pulls a full Darth Vader and says "Now that we won the release wars we are going to re-implement the DRM." then we say "Hey! that wasn't the deal!" Then the imperial march swells "I'm altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further."

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha, can you imagine? They get back maybe a small portion of people from this 180, and then the god damn things red ring a week after release? I will happily concede my flame wars in here if that ******* happens to me.
Didn't they figure out it was the chip set overheating and they came up with a permanent fix?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no game requires the cloud, whatever they said. my transfer rate, on a massive business line, is 75Mbps, the transfer rate of an SSD is currently around 350-400 MBps, which is a nearly exponential difference. there is absolutely no way to depend on internet data for anything meaningful, and moreso when the vast majority of the country has appallingly bad connectivity.

though i'm guessing it would be like multiplayer, in order to play some games the publishers might decide you need to be online at all times.
I mean thats what I figured would happen with those games, but wasn't sure. They keep going off about all these things the "cloud" can do, to which I only have a very basic understanding of its functionality, so I wasn't sure if it was THAT significant to games development. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Didn't they figure out it was the chip set overheating and they came up with a permanent fix?
Yeah they did, I was more of referencing just any problems such as that like the RRoD.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this sums up yesterday pretty good. btw want a good laugh go to http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone

"Guys, everyone hates us, we gotta do something!"

"Let's get rid of DRM, that's what they want isn't it? Is everything cool now?"

"why are they still yelling at us?"

edit: shoul the name be changed to XBOX 180 now?

edit edit: btw this is what most XBOX owners want and it's what we've all been saying. having both options is worth it imo.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 06-20-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazes me how the internet works sometimes.

X1: Here are our features with the new generation of our console!

Internet: OMFG YOU GUYS ARE AWFUL WE HATE YOU LOL THE PS4 WON SONY OWNED U MICROSOFT

X1: Jeez, okay, we'll remove the restrictions everyone hates.

Internet: LOL LETS CALL IT THE XBOX180 CUZ THEY COMPLETELY REVERSED THE POLICIES WE HATED WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS LOL!1!11!!1

Gotta love the internet.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Gotta love the internet.
without it i wouldn't have access to all the knowledge you drop on me on a daily basis though. i for one am grateful for that.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
without it i wouldn't have access to all the knowledge you drop on me on a daily basis though. i for one am grateful for that.
Hey bruh, weren't you done in this thread? Can we expect some participation tonight in the NBA thread too? I sure as hell hope so!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey bruh, weren't you done in this thread? Can we expect some participation tonight in the NBA thread too? I sure as hell hope so!
yes. and i gave you a compliment. be nice.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
meh, you knew sony people were going to troll no matter what happened. i expect the exact same from xbox people whenever sony ***** something up.
DId YoU SeE the dEMOz FREEze on pS4???? LolOloLOLOlol
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
DId YoU SeE the dEMOz FREEze on pS4???? LolOloLOLOlol
1 of the many reasons Sony did not in fact have a stellar E3. Had MS just done this at their show, there would have been next to nothing significant about the Sony conference outside of the price point.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
1 of the many reasons Sony did not in fact have a stellar E3. Had MS just done this at their show, there would have been next to nothing significant about their conference outside of the price point.
i agree. and honestly i wish MS didn't change their policy. what it did (although I don't agree with it) forces competition and better products to be made and more to strive for in the future. the only thing MS messed up with was PR.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 06-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It all should have been optional and up to the gamer (which Ive stated all along). You want to exclusively use digital downloaded games and do away with disks? Cool. If not, you can buy the hard copy of the game. You want your system always online updating every 24 hours? Just set it on your preferences, if not specify that. They want it to be their entertainment center they should have given it the option to accommodate users in a variety of ways that suit their own needs. And yeah, they did such a terrible job of just getting this info out there before they had the specifics in fine print. Because people just started speculating and ran wild with this stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If MS at some point offers a XBone without the kinect for the PS4 price...I'd probably go XBone. The used games deal is really big for me, still the overall deciding factor for me is price. All I've seen so far is Sony saying they're going to leave it up to the publishers but seriously doubt they'll restrict used games. I'd rather they guarantee no restrictions but still....$100 cheaper.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Microsoft really ****** up with the price point. No excuse for charging an extra 100 dollars.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

I think Microsoft really ****** up with the price point. No excuse for charging an extra 100 dollars.
especially with less specs. as much as i've bashed MS it's the policies i've bashed. with the changes and dropping the console to $399 i'd buy it over a PS4 probably. Although more and more friends are telling me they're moving on to the PS4.

See guys I can have a civil and intelligent conversation on the subject. i'm just too good at trolling sometimes.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Alot of those positives on the Sony side are also on the Xbox, and I'm assuming the same thing can be said for the PS4. I don't know nearly enough about those specific specs because Ive had to waste so much time arguing over arbitrary xb1 BS in here.

Also the extra 100 comes from the Kinect, which doesn't change Gonzo's statement on the matter what so ever haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

i had no idea you get netflix free with PS+ that's awesome. Netflix for one year is $96. Get PS+ and get it for $50. Am i reading that right?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
i had no idea you get netflix free with PS+ that's awesome. Netflix for one year is $96. Get PS+ and get it for $50. Am i reading that right?
You still need to have and own a Netflix account, you just don't need PS + to access it like you need gold to access it on xbox live.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It simply means you have access to the app. You still have to provide your own subscription.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remembered I never finished KH. Guess its time I kicked it old school-ish

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
That is something that makes me nervous is that "The publishers" will require a check in or a DRM or that Microsoft pulls a full Darth Vader and says "Now that we won the release wars we are going to re-implement the DRM." then we say "Hey! that wasn't the deal!" Then the imperial march swells "I'm altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further."
I'd bet money on this happening. But I'm still angry with Sony for dropping the OtherOS feature from the PS3. It'll be a while before I can trust again.

Last edited by WCH : 06-20-2013 at 12:33 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'd bet money on this happening. But I'm still angry with Sony for dropping the OtherOS feature from the PS3. It'll be a while before I can trust again.
How much would you bet on that happening?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It simply means you have access to the app. You still have to provide your own subscription.
nvm brain fart
Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the details of the problem have never been officially released.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote