Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
DId YoU SeE the dEMOz FREEze on pS4???? LolOloLOLOlol
Didn't the Battlefield 4 Demo **** up on the XBone?

All of these demos aren't even run on the final hardware I believe. I think a lot of them were on PC's.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best thing posted in this thread. ^

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
1 of the many reasons Sony did not in fact have a stellar E3. Had MS just done this at their show, there would have been next to nothing significant about the Sony conference outside of the price point.
Suppose it helps if you run your games on PC and not on Xbox One.

http://hothardware.com/News/Microsof...Windows-7-PCs/

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony not spying on me? Since when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Sony not spying on me? Since when?
Since they don't require the Eye to be on 24/7 to use?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the best response to that was in the joke article Macklin posted yesterday. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think you should all go to your separate fanboy threads now that e3 is over

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i think you should all go to your separate fanboy threads now that e3 is over
i think everyone's fine where they are
Old 06-20-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Didn't the Battlefield 4 Demo **** up on the XBone?

All of these demos aren't even run on the final hardware I believe. I think a lot of them were on PC's.
No, they were PCs. Some people were using controllers, but they were all PCs. I think they may have been rigged up with specs similar to the XBox One, but really that screw up didn't have anything to do with performance..and even if it did...they weren't using the XBox One.

Like I said, if Microsoft wanted to dominate they could just remove the Kinect, sell it for $350-400, and profit. I don't think they'll do it because I think they believe it will still sell great at $500. Which it probably will. Still.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really curious as to why you think the price is the only thing keeping Microsoft from being able to "dominate."
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm really curious as to why you think the price is the only thing keeping Microsoft from being able to "dominate."
because now they're essentially the same console with the same features and one is $100 less.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because now they're essentially the same console with the same features and one is $100 less.
I agree with you. I just wonder why he thinks a big majority would buy Xbox One over PS4 if both were the same price.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with you. I just wonder why he thinks a big majority would buy Xbox One over PS4 if both were the same price.
i have a 360 and am going PS4. if both were $399 i'd stay XBOX. Why? For one i'd keep all my achievements and digital content i've bought over the last 4 years. That's really the only reason. I wouldn't be starting over with anything and it'd be just a smooth transition.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the 360 and probably going PS4 as well and I would stay xbox if it was $399.99 if Vidae turns out to be right and they offer a 399.99 model I'd probably be all over that. Good thing is I'm in no rush to buy one so imma just sit and see what happens

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me the $100 difference isn't a major deciding factor. It is for a lot of people but it doesn't make or break it for. Personally I couldn't give a **** about the motion and voice controls. I'd rather not be yelling at my tv and failing like an idiot. If they had a version without it I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No, they were PCs. Some people were using controllers, but they were all PCs. I think they may have been rigged up with specs similar to the XBox One, but really that screw up didn't have anything to do with performance..and even if it did...they weren't using the XBox One.

Like I said, if Microsoft wanted to dominate they could just remove the Kinect, sell it for $350-400, and profit. I don't think they'll do it because I think they believe it will still sell great at $500. Which it probably will. Still.
I'm just saying both MS and Sony had problems with their demos. Not just one company. Some people here were making jokes about the PS4 and it's performance and blowing the freezing issue way out of proportion.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm just saying both MS and Sony had problems with their demos. Not just one company. Some people here were making jokes about the PS4 and it's performance and blowing the freezing issue way out of proportion.
Yes. One of them had problems on PC kits, and one of them had problems on the actual console.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yes. One of them had problems on PC kits, and one of them had problems on the actual console.
the fact that Microsoft couldn't even use their own console for demoing is more telling.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
5 months pre-release, neither actually has any significance.
Not disagreeing, but I figure we should call a spade a spade.

Quote:
the fact that Microsoft couldn't even use their own console for demoing is more telling.
They couldn't use their own console? Where are you getting that little nugget of information?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was actually more so saying that to mock, Ness, who when Sony said they weren't having any DRM/Always online stuff that it was "over."

Although, I did see an article saying the Xbox One passed the PS4 on the sales chart for video games after the announcement.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Not disagreeing, but I figure we should call a spade a spade.

They couldn't use their own console? Where are you getting that little nugget of information?
wasn't it linked that the demo 's for Microsoft were run on a pc?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
wasn't it linked that the demo 's for Microsoft were run on a pc?
They were, but why do you automatically assume it's because they were unable to use their own console? There are a thousand different reasons.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
5 months pre-release, neither actually has any significance.
Pretty much. I think XBone was using a 700 Nvidia series for their demos anyways, which is interesting. I think it's more powerful than the AMD GPU, which will be on the console?

Sony's demos were on dev kits, which are variations of the actual hardware set to be released.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I was actually more so saying that to mock, Ness, who when Sony said they weren't having any DRM/Always online stuff that it was "over."

Although, I did see an article saying the Xbox One passed the PS4 on the sales chart for video games after the announcement.
Yeah, I didn't catch the mocking attempt in regards to that comment. I mean, I don't get the connection that is.

Anyways, as for what I said, had I known that Microsoft wouldn't pull a 180, I'd probably still maintain that notion. Now, it's up in the air. We'll see if they go back on their mandatory Kinect feature. Maybe they'll put a 180 on that too.

Quote: