Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

browns just need to sign and start Tebow already, they would be a play off team next season. Just do it Cleveland you have nothing to lose.

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 06-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I strongly disagree with the notion that drafting success is almost completely random and unsustainable. You can not value teams track records all you want, but some teams are consistently better at drafting and some aren't. Luck plays a factor but they better teams manage it. There are a lot of factors that go into drafting but some franchises produce better results.

Are we debating overall talent or just younger talent? What is the cutoff for young talent? The Ravens have more overall talent than the Browns but young talent is comparable. The quarterback difference is really what puts the Browns behind the rest of the division.
I gotta go with Thumper that I think luck plays a huge part in things. Luck in having a guy perfect for your system/scheme fall to you, to be able to groom a guy for a couple years, for taking a risk on a guy that has problems.
I mean, look at Randy Moss and Ryan Leaf. Both had huge risks. I don't think anybody could fault the Chargers for taking Leaf at the time, he was a great prospect and they desperately needed a franchise QB. And many teams passed on Moss, who showed up to the Heisman ceremonies stoned from what I recall. Moss still had problems, but is a HOF WR while Leaf of course busted hard.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chudzinski can get a Derek Anderson 2007 season out of Weeden like he did out of Derek Anderson then they can win 12 games with that supporting roster. At this point really are a QB away from being a contender, but that is not so easy to solve. Fantastic OLine, good young WR corps, fantastic defensive front, secondary I think will be better than it looks on paper. Coaching staff looks good, they have depth and talent. I said 7 wins, but if could easily be a lot more if the QB play surprises and is good. I expect 6 to 8 though, too much talent to lose more than that. They lost a lot of close games last year in the 4th quarter and they were pretty bad on offense and not as talented as they are this year (or as well coached most likely).
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll be the same.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
browns just need to sign and start Tebow already, they would be a play off team next season. Just do it Cleveland you have nothing to lose.
I like where this is going.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If Chudzinski can get a Derek Anderson 2007 season out of Weeden like he did out of Derek Anderson then they can win 12 games with that supporting roster. At this point really are a QB away from being a contender, but that is not so easy to solve. Fantastic OLine, good young WR corps, fantastic defensive front, secondary I think will be better than it looks on paper. Coaching staff looks good, they have depth and talent. I said 7 wins, but if could easily be a lot more if the QB play surprises and is good. I expect 6 to 8 though, too much talent to lose more than that. They lost a lot of close games last year in the 4th quarter and they were pretty bad on offense and not as talented as they are this year (or as well coached most likely).
I find it incredibly hard to believe that the Browns are simply above average QB production away from being a 12-4 team.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I like where this is going.
I wish it would just happen. I mean seriously Tebow would be the best back up on the brown team. Then mid season he beats out Wedden and takes them to the play offs and energizes the organization .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wish it would just happen. I mean seriously Tebow would be the best back up on the brown team. Then mid season he beats out Wedden and takes them to the play offs and energizes the organization .
Weeden starts the Browns off to a poor 1-4 start, Tebow comes in and miracles happen, Browns finish 9-7, win a wild card spot.
First round, face the Texans, and somehow pull off a dramatic upset win.
Next round, they are obliterated by Tebow's former team, the Broncos.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Weeden starts the Browns off to a poor 1-4 start, Tebow comes in and miracles happen, Browns finish 9-7, win a wild card spot.
First round, face the Texans, and somehow pull off a dramatic upset win.
Next round, they are obliterated by Tebow's former team, the Broncos.
Like stuff happens like that in real life. Neg rep for making up fables and football lore.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Like stuff happens like that in real life. Neg rep for making up fables and football lore.
Careful with that.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Careful with that.
It was a joke, I actually plus repped him for it. ;)
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote