Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dynasty, would you have picked Vermaelen if I didn't ? Because I saw that you had to pick a CB and I rushed Vermaelen one round earlier than I planned.
I'm not sure my first choice will be there next round but I'd like to know if I made the right choice.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Dynasty, would you have picked Vermaelen if I didn't ? Because I saw that you had to pick a CB and I rushed Vermaelen one round earlier than I planned.
I'm not sure my first choice will be there next round but I'd like to know if I made the right choice.
No I wasn't. I had my eye on Andrea Ranocchia the whole time. I was hoping no one would take him.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
No I wasn't. I had my eye on Andrea Ranocchia the whole time. I was hoping no one would take him.
Too bad for me, I still love Vermaelen and he's still awesome in my book so it's not a bad pick but I'll be disapointed if my other choice is drafted.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to take Alves there. He's really fallen off over the last year, but RB is so thin...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both FB spots are very thin relative to other positions. Even striker and holding/b2b midfielders are more plentiful now a days. I mean just look at Schmelzer, a guy with that many short comings to his game absolutely shouldn't be getting drafted so high if LB weren't so extremely thin. That's why I'm glad I was able to snag Lahm and Zabaleta so that even if I don't have the best attacking FBs, they can both lock up even top class wingers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Both FB spots are very thin relative to other positions. Even striker and holding/b2b midfielders are more plentiful now a days. I mean just look at Schmelzer, a guy with that many short comings to his game absolutely shouldn't be getting drafted so high if LB weren't so extremely thin. That's why I'm glad I was able to snag Lahm and Zabaleta so that even if I don't have the best attacking FBs, they can both lock up even top class wingers.
Come on, Schmelez isn't that bad, he has some qualities, and he's part of one of the best BL defense, I mean if he started when they were back-to-back champion and this year when they reached the CL final he had to contribuate so I guess he has to be good at some things.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't mean to pick on Schmelzer but he's the NT and BVB's whippingboy because he's not very good as a 1 on 1 defender and he's very wasteful with his crossing, he does run like an ox and position himself cleverly offensively though, but still if FB had any sort of depth Schmelzer may get picked as a backup, instead he's a starter.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on Sirigu? Even though I was drunk as a skunk I kinda like it this morning, I was tempted by a few but ultimately think he has been very good this year, albeit for a dominant domestic PSG side.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like your Sirigu pick.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn!! I was banking on Coutinho slipping to me this round :(

Old 06-15-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Can I make my pick?

Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go ahead its been hours

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-15-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I'd been considering Coutinho, but since he was stolen I've gone for what I feel is a great consolation prize.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Take that pick back finally.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Not a fan?

edit - I realise with the change in position and some difficult circumstances at Bilbao he has suffered a downturn in form, but I still think back out on the left where I plan to play him he is a beast

Last edited by UKfan : 06-15-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I thought we were only skipping people during the week?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I had no idea hence the asking, but I can take the pick down if preferred?

Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

SP you're gunna wanna rotate your diamond. Khedira's a box to boxer, not a holder, Marchisio to is a shuttler and not a 10. Likewise Pirlo and Xavi need to be playing at the bottom and top of the diamond respectively and not right next to each other. It's a nice midfield though if you set it up properly.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****...I really was hoping that Lamela would make it back to me. I would have taken him a couple rounds ago, but after I took Muller, I had no need for him, and was instead filling needs in central midfield and defenders. I almost took him over Balotelli, but I figured that there'd be a better chance that Lamela would make it back around.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Kid is such a stud. I really like the team I've put together. Jovetic-Rooney-Lamela are all very dangerous goal scorers and technically gifted, versatile players who will fluidly rip through defenses. The Wilshere-Witsel-Ilkay triangle in midfield is similarly very fluid and technically proficient without sacrificing any mobility or strength against the ball. With Lahm, Silva and Neuer anchoring the defense behind them I really like my team. A lot more than I usually do in theses things.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kid is such a stud. I really like the team I've put together. Jovetic-Rooney-Lamela are all very dangerous goal scorers and technically gifted, versatile players who will fluidly rip through defenses. The Wilshere-Witsel-Ilkay triangle in midfield is similarly very fluid and technically proficient without sacrificing any mobility or strength against the ball. With Lahm, Silva and Neuer anchoring the defense behind them I really like my team. A lot more than I usually do in theses things.
But you always love your team in these!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I usually think my teams are interesting and that's why I typically grab guys who I can use in different abnormal roles like Dembele and Ramires, but this time I just really like my team in a rather straight forward high pressing, quick strike style. I do probably like it more than I should, but the defense is great and I love the mobility, technical skill and fluidity of each of the trios in front of the D.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SP you're gunna wanna rotate your diamond. Khedira's a box to boxer, not a holder, Marchisio to is a shuttler and not a 10. Likewise Pirlo and Xavi need to be playing at the bottom and top of the diamond respectively and not right next to each other. It's a nice midfield though if you set it up properly.
I originally had it set up like:

Khedira----Pirlo

Marchisio----Xavi

I just changed it cause the diamond was more semetrical and looked less weird. Marchisio isn't meant to be in the 10 role, though. Khedira will be mainly defensive, but going past Pirlo attacking and dropping behind in defense. It was hard to show that and make it look nice lol. I'll sort it out and put lines on it once i've got a full XI.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 06-15-2013 at 10:37 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I think the Diamond is perfectly fine, you just need to set it up the Italian NT did, with Pirlo sitting at the back with two shuttlers, De Rossi and Marchisio, in front of him to make space and defend, and a passer like Montolivo front of them. Just stick Sami in De Rossi's spot and Xavi in Montolivo's.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/06/...pirlo-tactics/

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 06-15-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Damnit Tim.

#MoncriefArmy