Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 NFL Draft Order

The regular season is over which means the non-playoff picks are now set!

2014 NFL Draft Order (Through Week 17)
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Draft-Order.php

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Rams are basically in the same exact position they were in 2 years ago? "The next best thing..." and it's at a position they're strong at...
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, 14. I wasn't aware we'd be that high.

Well...that's exciting.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you told me the Lions would be picking #10 after we beat the Cowboys, I would've given you the ol' fork in the eye. I thought we might've even been able to host a Playoff game this year.

NEXT YEAR IS OURS!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So the Rams are basically in the same exact position they were in 2 years ago? "The next best thing..." and it's at a position they're strong at...

They could trade down again. It seems to have worked out well for them from a talent perspective.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think they want Matthews LT so I doubt they trade back unless they are absolutely sure of getting him. Look what drafting LT's did for the Chiefs and Eagles. Protecting Bradford has to be a high priority for the Rams and this draft should set up their offense for years to come.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think they want Matthews LT so I doubt they trade back unless they are absolutely sure of getting him. Look what drafting LT's did for the Chiefs and Eagles. Protecting Bradford has to be a high priority for the Rams and this draft should set up their offense for years to come.
Ah yes, the key cog in the Chiefs playoff run was Eric Fisher.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Rams will trade the pick even if it means they lose out on Matthews.

I also would not be surprised to see them take 2 offensive linemen, although someone like HaHa or Nix would make sense with their own pick

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All three tackles drafted early last draft were hot garbage, for the most part. The Chiefs were infinitely worse than if they'd had Winston still.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams will take Clowney and use their #13 pick on an OT.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All three tackles drafted early last draft were hot garbage, for the most part. The Chiefs were infinitely worse than if they'd had Winston still.
not Fluker he is a God.

I'm really liking this draft btw; not as mindblowing as some recent ones potential-wise but feel like the first round is going to produce a lot of immediate starters. In particular, I like the prospects in the secondary more than I should.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think the Rams will trade the pick even if it means they lose out on Matthews.

I also would not be surprised to see them take 2 offensive linemen, although someone like HaHa or Nix would make sense with their own pick
And how many times has Bradford gone down to injuries, I think it is time they maximize his protection.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
not Fluker he is a God.

I'm really liking this draft btw; not as mindblowing as some recent ones potential-wise but feel like the first round is going to produce a lot of immediate starters. In particular, I like the prospects in the secondary more than I should.
The secondary is definitely one of the strong points in this draft.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your joking right.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And how many times has Bradford gone down to injuries, I think it is time they maximize his protection.

His knee had nothing to do with protection. He was scrambling for a 1st down and a player pulled him down from behind at the sidelines. It was a freak incident.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
with how meh bradford has been protecting him might prevent them from making the steps they should imho. rams had 2 of the best lines on both sides of the bal in football if you ask me

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
with how meh bradford has been protecting him might prevent them from making the steps they should imho. rams had 2 of the best lines on both sides of the bal in football if you ask me

This was the first year the Rams had a good o-line and Bradford was putting up great numbers before the injury. All he needs is decent time to be a really good QB. He was top 5 in yards, TD's and QBR and had only 4 picks (3 were tipped balls) before the injury. The Rams need to re-sign Saffold and draft an OT with their #13 pick and an OG in rds 2 or 3. Barrett Jones will be ready in 2014 too.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
This was the first year the Rams had a good o-line and Bradford was putting up great numbers before the injury. All he needs is decent time to be a really good QB. He was top 5 in yards, TD's and QBR and had only 4 picks (3 were tipped balls) before the injury. The Rams need to re-sign Saffold and draft an OT with their #13 pick and an OG in rds 2 or 3. Barrett Jones will be ready in 2014 too.
Save it man, around here people think Bradford is garbage and Joe Flacco is a god lol
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one thinks Flacco is god, but Bradford is pretty close to garbage. All I ever hear is if he gets 2 great receivers, a great running game, a great line, and an awesome defense, then he can do something significant.

They're way past the point of where they should have moved on.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Save it man, around here people think Bradford is garbage and Joe Flacco is a god lol
I had the opportunity to go to the Rams-Falcons game this season. I must admit that I have not really payed that much attention to the Rams, but in that game I remember he seemed to be afraid to pull the trigger and throw the ball down the field. All he seemed to do was throw check downs and short passes. I made this comment to a friend of mine who is a Rams fan and he said that this had been something happening with him frequently, and I don't know if the best option is to continue with someone like that.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
No one thinks Flacco is god, but Bradford is pretty close to garbage. All I ever hear is if he gets 2 great receivers, a great running game, a great line, and an awesome defense, then he can do something significant.

They're way past the point of where they should have moved on.
Give me a Quarterback that came into the league in a worse situation than he did. Rams were a combined 6-42 the previous three years. The Roster was complete ****. And you add on that he never has had back to back years with the same O-coordinator until this year when he was putting up great numbers.

Please.

Matt Ryan since Julio Jones went down:
223/345
64.6%
2238 yards
6.5 YPA
12 TDs
11 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

Andrew Luck since Reggie Wayne went down:
155/272
57.0%
1725 yards
6.3 YPA
11 TDs
6 Ints
80.3 QB Rating

Tom Brady without Rob Gronkowski:
170/294
57.8%
1844 yards
6.3 YPA
10 TDs
5 Ints
80.7 QB Rating
Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I had the opportunity to go to the Rams-Falcons game this season. I must admit that I have not really payed that much attention to the Rams, but in that game I remember he seemed to be afraid to pull the trigger and throw the ball down the field. All he seemed to do was throw check downs and short passes. I made this comment to a friend of mine who is a Rams fan and he said that this had been something happening with him frequently, and I don't know if the best option is to continue with someone like that.
He's always been like that. He's like the new David Carr though, people want to blame everything else, when it's clear he's just not all that good. The fact that he's fragile should make it even easier to move on from him, but I think it somehow keeps saving him.

Holt_bruce81, lol at that comparison.

Luck is a 2nd year player, and as a rookie was better than Bradford ever has been, came into a team that nearly went 0-16 and has already won more games in 2 years than Bradford has in 4. lol. lol.

Matt Ryan is pretty mediocre, but he's still been way better than Bradford, and he was better before Jones ever got there. Hate to defend him, I see Falcons fans questioning going forward with him, but he's substantially better than Bradford.

Tom Brady. No words.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
If you told me the Lions would be picking #10 after we beat the Cowboys, I would've given you the ol' fork in the eye. I thought we might've even been able to host a Playoff game this year.

NEXT YEAR IS OURS!
aaaahahahaha! You thought!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

in 2012, Bradford pretty much took a 2-14 Rams team and carried them to 7-8-1 (best record in division) all by himself. He was lighting it up this year too before the injury. And that was with his receivers leading the league in drops at the time.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

"Lighting it up" by his standards maybe.