Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The point had to do with football politics. Brady is obviously more important to the team. I wondered if he was I the same situation who he get kicked to the curb so easily. Yes Brady has never been a problem. That was never the point. The entire "you're digging for something" doesn't make sense. It's a simple hypothetical question, not a conspiracy cover up. This still has nothing to do with me not knowing the right decision was made like you thought it did.

Oh, and it won't be that big of a loss when the season starts. Brady has had a worse surrounding cast when he wasn't as good as he is now. The Patriots offense will be fine. It's success this upcoming season didn't hinge on whether Hernandez would go to prison.
I don't know if this is a true statement or not. and the correlation between his offensive talent usually goes along with how the defense plays.

If the defense can 15-17 pts a game, they can go far. But it's got to be worrisome to Pats fans because it's hard to see the defense playing that well.

Gone are 301 receptions from last year, if Gronk misses time that could escalate to 356.

The Patriots will likely still win 10 games, but it's going to be tough for them. I don't expect to see a lot of blowouts like we have in the past
mightytitan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
What a ******* idiot - he had to stick close to the bums he grew up with in CT after he went pro. Good for the Patriots to cut his sorry ass. It seems like he is going to be in a ******** of trouble and going to shipped up river for quite a long time. Still Waiting for the media to classify him as a white latino like they have done with zimmerman.
My guess is you wouldn't pass jury selection.

Happen to agree with you that he is a complete idiot.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What a ******* idiot - he had to stick close to the bums he grew up with in CT after he went pro. Good for the Patriots to cut his sorry ass. It seems like he is going to be in a ******** of trouble and going to shipped up river for quite a long time. Still Waiting for the media to classify him as a white latino like they have done with zimmerman.
You watching the Zimmerman trial? Good stuff. Not as entertaining as the Casey Anthony trial though.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Hernandez is 23 and has already made the Pro Bowl. He has proven to be a dynamic weapon already and had a very promising future ahead of him. Is he a sure fire HOF player who is one of the best ever to play his position like Brady? No, he's not. If that's what you're arguing then OK.
But Hernandez is not some slouch like you seem to be insinuating by saying-
Saying that the Patriots will be fine offensively without Hernandeez isn't an indictment on his abilities as a player. It's essentially positional relevance. Losing Michael Crabtree for the 49ers sucks, but I don't think our offense is going to crumble without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Hernandez was a piece to this team. We don't pay people, and we just gave him a 5 year $40 million contract. We viewed him as an asset. Sorry, but you're digging for something and I still don't know what it is. The closest thing I can come up with is that Hernandez is not the caliber of player Brady is, and if that's what you are going for then you nailed it dude. But Hernandez was definitely important part of this team moving forward and that was made clear by the investment we made in him.
What am I digging for? Football politics? That's what I already said. Anything else I don't know. And you said you don't know, yet you assume I have an ulterior motive. It's mere speculation to a hypothetical question. That's all it is. A quarterback is more important to the franchise than a tight end. Like I said before, positional relevance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't know if this is a true statement or not. and the correlation between his offensive talent usually goes along with how the defense plays.

If the defense can 15-17 pts a game, they can go far. But it's got to be worrisome to Pats fans because it's hard to see the defense playing that well.

Gone are 301 receptions from last year, if Gronk misses time that could escalate to 356.

The Patriots will likely still win 10 games, but it's going to be tough for them. I don't expect to see a lot of blowouts like we have in the past
Oh, I think it will be quite easy for them to win the AFC East. Buffalo, New York, Miami? The Patriots have been in worse situations before. Brady as a younger and less experienced player had his offenses clicking with David Givens, Deion Branch, and Troy Smith for instance. Not bad players, but not exceptionally explosive and guys you had to gameplan for.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

Brady is a first ballot HOFer for many reasons, chief among them is that NO QB in the NFL can turn piss into lemonade like he can.

The guy can take most team's 3rd and 4th WRs, slow guys, old and short wideouts, and still throw for over 30 TDs, 4K+ yards and over 65% completions.

The Pats may not be a well oiled machine early in the season on offense, but if the oline is in tact and Brady stays healthy, they'll be grinding in December.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which racial gang will Hernandez join in prison? Hispanic would be my guess. I think the African-American gang will view him as too white and the skin heads will appreciate his "short hair" but won't be having it with his skin tone.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Which racial gang will Hernandez join in prison? Hispanic would be my guess. I think the African-American gang will view him as too white and the skin heads will appreciate his "short hair" but won't be having it with his skin tone.
Maybe the answer is found on his tattoos.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they just said he's being charged with murder and a bunch of other stuff.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, I think it will be quite easy for them to win the AFC East. Buffalo, New York, Miami? The Patriots have been in worse situations before. Brady as a younger and less experienced player had his offenses clicking with David Givens, Deion Branch, and Troy Smith for instance. Not bad players, but not exceptionally explosive and guys you had to gameplan for.
I agree they will be fine as long as Brady is healthy and playing QB for them... but Brady early on was a game manager type QB and had a good defence to back him, now he is losing all of his top targets so it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s

The official charge for #Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez from the Bristol County DA: Murder
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Brady is a first ballot HOFer for many reasons, chief among them is that NO QB in the NFL can turn piss into lemonade like he can.

The guy can take most team's 3rd and 4th WRs, slow guys, old and short wideouts, and still throw for over 30 TDs, 4K+ yards and over 65% completions.

The Pats may not be a well oiled machine early in the season on offense, but if the oline is in tact and Brady stays healthy, they'll be grinding in December.
Precisely. This is merely a bump in the road for the Patriots. They're at least guaranteed a playoff spot if Brady stays healthy.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count 1 - Murder - DAMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s

The official charge for #Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez from the Bristol County DA: Murder
Damn. Well, that's all folks. Can't believe this guy is potentially a murderer. Christ.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murder and 6 other charges(gun related)
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or we can wait and let the legal process play out and go from there.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saying that the Patriots will be fine offensively without Hernandeez isn't an indictment on his abilities as a player. It's essentially positional relevance. Losing Michael Crabtree for the 49ers sucks, but I don't think our offense is going to crumble without him.

What am I digging for? Football politics? That's what I already said. Anything else I don't know. And you said you don't know, yet you assume I have an ulterior motive. It's mere speculation to a hypothetical question. That's all it is. A quarterback is more important to the franchise than a tight end. Like I said before, positional relevance.
My point is releasing Hernandez has nothing to do with who he is as a player, it is simply what he did/is accused of doing. Brady is in a class of his own in terms of value to this team, but Hernandez is definitely in the next tier as made evident by the investment we made in him. I don't think this has anything to do with football politics because Hernandez was clearly viewed as an asset.

While we're on topic-murder charge just announced.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this the NFL's first active player to be charged with murder since Rae Carruth?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Look at him just standing in the corner there.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

It sounds like they got the surveillance footage. I knew that dumbass wouldn't know how to destroy the surveillance system.

Edit: they might have been talking about footage from a neighbors camera.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Is this the NFL's first active player to be charged with murder since Rae Carruth?
Mike Vick murdered man's best friend a whole bunch.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cop, in white next to him, is huge. Even the cops in suits who arrested him looked to be his height. I wonder because he is a taller guy they brought in equally taller or bigger cops.

That cop next to him now looks to be a good 4-5 inches taller.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It sounds like they got the surveillance footage. I knew that dumbass wouldn't know how to destroy the surveillance system.

Edit: they might have been talking about footage from a neighbors camera.
Neighborhood surveillance camera.

Cell towers, people. They track you.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the arraignment, Hernandez is done. Surprised if he's able to get bail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SportsPickle @sportspickle

Aaron Hernandez's lawyers should probably advise him not to make "I want to kill you" eyes at the prosecutor.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote