Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really needs to be an emote that conveys how lame it is to constantly see the same Hunter/RTH and WarMurLock decks over and over.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most hilarious thing happened in my last game of hearthstone. I had a knife juggler on the board he played Leroy Jenkins which summons two welps. Then the knife juggler sent two knives that proceeded to kill the Leroy Jenkins before it could attack.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
There really needs to be an emote that conveys how lame it is to constantly see the same Hunter/RTH and WarMurLock decks over and over.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
The most hilarious thing happened in my last game of hearthstone. I had a knife juggler on the board he played Leroy Jenkins which summons two welps. Then the knife juggler sent two knives that proceeded to kill the Leroy Jenkins before it could attack.
Haha, nice.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made a Tirion today. <3 it.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Playing these asshole Hunter and Warlock decks are really sapping my desire to continue playing. They take absolutely zero skill and are completely overpowered.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Playing these asshole Hunter and Warlock decks are really sapping my desire to continue playing. They take absolutely zero skill and are completely overpowered.
For the Warmurlock make a deck heavy in AoE and taunt. A pali shields deck with heavy taunt will beat it every time.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-22-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was at 30 life and this guy was at 7 and he did 32 damage to me in one turn. So. I might be done with this game forever.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Etherial Alchemist + ice block is a deadly combination.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-24-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was at 30 life and this guy was at 7 and he did 32 damage to me in one turn. So. I might be done with this game forever.
It's annoying, but I don't know that it's overpowered. It's a few turns under the best conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Having a ton of fun with a Druid rush deck right now. Holding 2x Savage Roar and slamming someone for 20+ points in one turn makes me happy.
Blame me, I guess. lol

Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you got the cards I would suggest Miracle Rogue. You get a ton of value out of Backstab/Shiv/Blade Flurry/Fan of Knives/SI:7 Agent plus the weapons. In a perfect world I would have Pagle & Van Cleef but here is the semi cheap version I've made.

It takes a little practice but just remember to keep your Auctioneer in hand until you can get value from it

Though Reynad's Warrior still generally ***** me up

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Honestly playing all this hearthstone makes me want to play IRComics again.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://ihearthu.com/miracle-rogue-th...eals-anywhere/

Old 02-25-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nat Pagle might be my next Legendary. I can't decide. Maybe it'll be Alexstrasza.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I don't have enough dust to make a legend. Even if I disenchant my golds & less used rare/leg/epics.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It seems like every damn deck has a Bloodmage Thalnos and Nat Pagle. Argh.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just had a Grommash/Ancient of Lore pack.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://www.hs-db.com/arena

Neat site where you can draft the same cards as the "pros" and see how you'd stack up. I average around 80% which is decent but not great. Give it a test!

Also, if you're about to craft a legendary, I'd check out this site:

http://hearthstoneplayers.com/top-te...ndaries-craft/

Last but not least (or maybe least, since I probably won't use this, but)

http://hearthstonetracker.com/

Downloadable program that tracks all your games, arena or constructed, and winning percentages, coin usage, etc. I'm always worried about downloading stuff like this, so I probably won't mess with it, but someone might like it.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I haven't ventured into rank play. What's the value of it? Is it strictly bragging rights? It doesn't seem as though there's a gold/dust reward system.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

no real reason just kind of gives a purpose to the game instead of collecting cards

i tend to not play it as much cus its a lot of try hards using aggro whatever instead of creative decks

Old 02-25-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Gotcha. Not gold, just glory. Another time, perhaps.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

there just aren't enough cards/decks at this point, you will eventually be like he is using murlocks or miracle rogue or reynad warrior and know you will likely win or lose just based on that

Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I feel I misplayed turn 2, should have backstabbed/daggered then on turn 3 I could have shiv/daggered the flame imp but it was a interesting game none the less

Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

ugh. Went with Shaman in the arena and I'm getting smoked badly. Looking like I'll be 0-3 with all massive losses.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

yeah . . . that was awful. My arena run lasted all of 4 minutes. Pretty sure I spent more time in queue than actually playing.

EDIT: Onyxia and Gadgetzan ease the pain a bit.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 02-26-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

nice

most people hate reynad but he makes great decks regardless, gonna go try this one