Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nnamdi Asomugha retires

I know this isn't major news anymore but I really have to hand it to this guy for being Revis before Revis was Revis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...11-seasons-nfl

He will be missed and while I'm sure the Eagles aren't big fans of his, he truly did lock down an entire side of the field in a time when it was basically accepted that such a thing had become extinct.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of crazy to say that his career spiraled down hill AFTER he left the Raiders.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kind of crazy to say that his career spiraled down hill AFTER he left the Raiders.
possibly an NFL first? :)
Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi was a bright spot in a dark era for Oakland, very good CB on a bunch of bad teams. QB's refused to throw his way and he was a team leader on and off the field.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I know this isn't major news anymore but I really have to hand it to this guy for being Revis before Revis was Revis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...11-seasons-nfl

He will be missed and while I'm sure the Eagles aren't big fans of his, he truly did lock down an entire side of the field in a time when it was basically accepted that such a thing had become extinct.

He really wasn't Revis before Revis was Revis. Revis didn't shut down a side of a field as much as he shut down whoever the opposing team's #1 WR was. The year when there was the big argument over who was the best between Woodson, Revis and Asomugha, while Nnamdi was busy being the least thrown at cornerback in the NFL (or close to it), somehow Revis was one of the top five *most* thrown at.

Kind of sad he retired though, I was hoping he'd give it another go next year.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
He really wasn't Revis before Revis was Revis. Revis didn't shut down a side of a field as much as he shut down whoever the opposing team's #1 WR was. The year when there was the big argument over who was the best between Woodson, Revis and Asomugha, while Nnamdi was busy being the least thrown at cornerback in the NFL (or close to it), somehow Revis was one of the top five *most* thrown at.

Kind of sad he retired though, I was hoping he'd give it another go next year.
yah it wasn't a perfect comparison, mostly talking about being 'the' CB.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really follow his career too closely, are there any indications why his career took such a hit after he left Oakland?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-27-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I didn't really follow his career too closely, are there any indications why career took such a hit after he left Oakland?
Because he was overrated.

It wasn't so much that teams avoided Asomugha, but why throw at him when you've got an easy, high risk, gambling mark like D Hall on the opposite side??

Good/great corners don't become mediocre/awful once they switch teams.

I never got the hype about Nnamdi before he left Oakland, and all I saw was a bad corner in Philly.

I find it funny that Deangelo Hall became the superior corner once he left Oakland, yet Nnamdi fell off the face of the NFL earth.
He couldn't even manage the switch to FS.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I didn't really follow his career too closely, are there any indications why career took such a hit after he left Oakland?
A lot of people want to blame it on having to play more zone in Philly (which is true) and it not being what he's good at...but to be honest he just wasn't the same guy. People started throwing at the guy and he looked absolutely lost. I don't know if he just cashed in on the big payday and that was that, but he was not anywhere near what he was in Oakland. The guy was really fun to watch play as a Raider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a mixture of age, system, and confidence. He was a top level player in Oakland and it didn't translate after that. He still is a great person and I'm glad he is comfortable enough to walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About time. He realized he couldn't make in Sf . So he decided to call it quits which is smart. Just don't pull a Favre.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
About time. He realized he couldn't make in Sf . So he decided to call it quits which is smart. Just don't pull a Favre.
Favre might have been annoying with his constant mulling over retirement, but he was still playing at a somewhat high level, or at least an above average level.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Favre might have been annoying with his constant mulling over retirement, but he was still playing at a somewhat high level, or at least an above average level.
The annoying part is that he wanted to play but he wanted to use his position to get more special treatment.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never completely figured out how to pronounce Asomugha, so I just started pronouncing it "Awesome-wow" and nobody ever corrected me.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I never completely figured out how to pronounce Asomugha, so I just started pronouncing it "Awesome-wow" and nobody ever corrected me.
No point in spoiling it for you now. You should always remember him as this, along with his time as being a Raider.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is now known for being married to the women from the TV show scandal so I guess he didn't need the $ anymore.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was married to Kerry Washington I'd quit too. THAT WOMAN CAN GET IT ALL!
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
If I was married to Kerry Washington I'd quit too. THAT WOMAN CAN GET IT ALL!
Only if she refuses to talk. That lisp makes me want to drown kittens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote