Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-17-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.
Default Stay or Come Out?

So here are a few guys that I personally think would benefit from another year in school. I wrote about a couple of these on my site also, but I am a "rookie" here so I can't post a link.
I was wondering if knowledgeable people agree or not?

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama: I think his balance can be pretty bad, and he lunges at defenders way too much. Can develop into a dominant player/top-5 talent, but he isn't there yet for me.

Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA: I think Hundley is another super talented kid, but he's still young, and looked really bad against Stanford and Oregon. Another year could cement him as the top QB.

De'Anthony Thomas, RB/WR, Oregon: The injury hurt, especially since his size will instantly have teams questioning durability. For me he has to play WR in the league or at least line up in the slot most of the time. I think a year of working on WR skills would be huge for him.

Aaron Lynch, DE, USF: I honestly see a different player now than at Notre Dame.

Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington: I don't think he has great vision, kind of reminds me of Michael Pittman in Tampa. Always ran so hard, but a lot of times right into lineman. He also could stand to put on a couple pounds.

Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss: Let's face it there are just better receivers out there. Why not get better, play on a better Ole Miss team, and make sure you are first round pick? The expectations pre-season were much higher than what he has shown.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kouandjio can improve, but I think he's a safe bet to go in the top twelve or so and should declare. Here are some guys who came to mind for me:

QB Brett Hundley, UCLA**

OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M*

DT Anthony Johnson, Louisiana St.*

DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame*

LB Adrian Hubbard, Alabama*

CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida*

CB Marcus Roberson, Florida*
Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's probably a lot more that I'm not thinking of, but the first one that comes to mind is Brett Hundley.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Kouandjio can improve, but I think he's a safe bet to go in the top twelve or so and should declare. Here are some guys who came to mind for me:

QB Brett Hundley, UCLA**

Agree with Hundley, Ogbuehi and Roberson. Can see arguments either way for the others. But I'm curious as to why u think Tuitt should stay?
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Melvin Gordon. A lot of people have begun to assign him a draft stock and I've seen him going high as a top 45 pick. In my opinion he needs to stay in Wisconsin another year. Alot of his big gains were on jet sweeps and he must become more complete as a runner and develop as a pass catcher as well. Next year Abbrederis and Pedersen will be gone everyone will know Gordon is the center piece of the offense. If he still performs well then he has solidified himself as a top 2 round player.
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hundley doesn't look ready, but he should still come out if he's got a good chance to be a top 15 pick. He's only 20 and appears to have a lot of tools. He should take the opportunity to get paid while he develops. Hopefully the team that takes him will get that he's young and raw.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Hundley doesn't look ready, but he should still come out if he's got a good chance to be a top 15 pick. He's only 20 and appears to have a lot of tools. He should take the opportunity to get paid while he develops. Hopefully the team that takes him will get that he's young and raw.
That sounds like an NBA mentality. Right now he isn't better than a Blake Gabbert. Like Gabbert he probably could get drafted pretty high but there's a real chance he is nothing more than a backup or gone in 3 years. He reminds me of Jason Campbell out of Aurburn.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That sounds like an NBA mentality. Right now he isn't better than a Blake Gabbert. Like Gabbert he probably could get drafted pretty high but there's a real chance he is nothing more than a backup or gone in 3 years. He reminds me of Jason Campbell out of Aurburn.
Jason Campbell has been collecting an NFL paycheck for a decade. I doubt another year of college would have turned Campbell into Payton Manning.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Agree with Hundley, Ogbuehi and Roberson. Can see arguments either way for the others. But I'm curious as to why u think Tuitt should stay?
He hasn't been good this season. Physically and athletically, you'd think he could be a first-round pick, but selecting him there based on his junior campaign would require drafting based almost exclusively on potential.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Jason Campbell has been collecting an NFL paycheck for a decade. I doubt another year of college would have turned Campbell into Payton Manning.
Point taken.

I guess if that's your goal to just collect a paycheck then Hundley should come out.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Point taken.

I guess if that's your goal to just collect a paycheck then Hundley should come out.
The magic of the NFL is that he can play football AND collect a paycheck. Crazy, huh.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most QBs needs to stay for at least 4 years in college.

I just don't see Hundley having a smooth transition into an NFL starter in 2014 if he leaves early.

But I do think he could take a HUGE leap in the overall refinement of his game if he stays for another season.

Jason Campbell at Auburn simply was not the level of player Hundley is.

JC was a game-manager at Auburn who played with the two best RBs in college football and a lights out defense. His mission was not to turn the ball over and occasionally take a deep shot downfield.
He wasn't surgically dissecting college defenses at Auburn.

Hundley needs to stay in school because when he's faced with a defensive alignment he's never played against, he struggles more than a top pick should.

If he stays for another year Hundley will be a much better pro in 2015.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He hasn't been good this season. Physically and athletically, you'd think he could be a first-round pick, but selecting him there based on his junior campaign would require drafting based almost exclusively on potential.
this was what i wouldve answered as well. He had a great first half of the season last year and a good 2-3 games in this season now he has played himself into shape. That being said i think if he can put it all together in his senior season he is a top 10 pick, thats a bunch higher than now

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hint hint, don't draft Wisconsin runningbacks.....duh.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

QB Brett Hundley, UCLA**

I disagree on Purifoy. I really like what he brings to the table.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

Quote:
He hasn't been good because of offseason surgery. If he comes into the combine at his normal playing weight (15-20 lbs lighter) he is a surefire 1st rounder.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

I personally think the Campbell/Hundley comparisons are absurd. The difference in the way the game is played alone makes Hundley a better prospect coming in. Furthermore, he is a much more accurate passer as a sophomore than Campbell was as a Senior. Running the ball, it's not even close. There are also a lot more throws by Hundley to evaluate than there were on Campbell (or Gabbert???). Come on!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know about this. Tuitt is playing quite well since the middle of the season, and would likely lose Nix if he stayed another year, which would probably result in a less flashy season next year.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Face it, most of them are likely to declare, why risk another year of college ball where you can get seriously hurt and never see a payday.

They learn nothing about the pro game while staying in college and are far better served training in a pro camp.

Only a few well off kids are likely to stay who really think they can wait for the money.

Careers in the NFL average about 3 to 4 years so why waste another year getting beat up physically in college.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Face it, most of them are likely to declare, why risk another year of college ball where you can get seriously hurt and never see a payday.

They learn nothing about the pro game while staying in college and are far better served training in a pro camp.

Only a few well off kids are likely to stay who really think they can wait for the money.

Careers in the NFL average about 3 to 4 years so why waste another year getting beat up physically in college.
Exactly - most of them could use the extra year - but if you were in their shoes a) you'd want to be tested against the best in the NFL and b) how can you turn down even mid round money?
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think Jason Campbell's a poor comparison for Hundley. I see a Syracuse Donovan McNabb when I look at Hundley.

Moncrief's not going to get any faster with another year so he might as well. Especially if Treadwell gets all the shine.

Sankey I'm not real impressed with. Reminds me of Uconn's Jordan Todman.

Aaron Lynch looks like a bust in waiting. Strictly a 34 OLB at this point and severely underpowered.

Agreed on DAT. Right now he's looking like another Jacoby Ford.

Kouandjio I like. Although I haven't watched him a ton. But there's a lot to work with there.

I think Louis Nix might want to return, just based on his play. Cam Irving, Antonio Richardson, Vic Beasley, Timmy Jernigan, could likely improve their stock with returning.

And I think Melvin Gordon should come out. With the shelf life of RBs being shorter; he's proved what he can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Moncrief but he probably should declare. I don't know about there being may better receivers out there though, and he has displayed an extra gear this year that many didn't think he had. He should be a first round pick and if he finishes the year strong along with a solid pre-draft process, and I anticipate he will do both, he could get some top 15 consideration. We have other good receivers who will be back next, namely Treadwell who already looks like a star, so it is hard to envision him getting more opportunities to showcase what he can do beyond this season.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Robinson is an interesting case.

I see him as a more late-1st/early-2nd kind of a prospect.

But I'm not sure that he can really improve his stock any more if he stays.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Yeah, I think Jason Campbell's a poor comparison for Hundley. I see a Syracuse Donovan McNabb when I look at Hundley.

Moncrief's not going to get any faster with another year so he might as well. Especially if Treadwell gets all the shine.

Sankey I'm not real impressed with. Reminds me of Uconn's Jordan Todman.

Aaron Lynch looks like a bust in waiting. Strictly a 34 OLB at this point and severely underpowered.

Agreed on DAT. Right now he's looking like another Jacoby Ford.

Kouandjio I like. Although I haven't watched him a ton. But there's a lot to work with there.

I think Louis Nix might want to return, just based on his play. Cam Irving, Antonio Richardson, Vic Beasley, Timmy Jernigan, could likely improve their stock with returning.

And I think Melvin Gordon should come out. With the shelf life of RBs being shorter; he's proved what he can do.
nix has been amazing only good player on our d this year not named jaylon smith

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Erving has only been an Offensive Linemen for 2 years he still has a lot to learn and is learning from the mentor of Willie Anderson.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote