Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick is up
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine too, sorry about that. Scotty is up!

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worthy is taken, scotty

Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhh been so busy with work and on my phone, give me a minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have a super big elaborate final post tomorrow when we're done, I didn't expect to be so busy this week, sorry guys
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so regretting not skipping MetSox right now. Sonofabitch.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love you too man :)
Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Nash was my next pick too. I seriously hate you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spent 5 days a week on a Washington state military base and still averaged 38/19/5 as a SF and carried his team on his back to OT in game 7 of the finals. . Pretty ridonkulous.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At work right now I'll try to sneak my pick in sorry for the delays guys! I will have a big write up to sum up my picks and all that stuff also.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final pick coming in soon.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Let's try to finish this today. Only 4 more picks to go!

We kinda stalled a bit the last couple days but I appreciate how you guys have made an effort to keep this steadily moving even when everybody has been busy during weekdays. I'm hoping we can get the last four picks done by tonight or even tomorrow morning, we can submit our little team write up on Sunday and have all the voting/results done by early next week.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Didn't know I was up, pick will be up soon
Quote:
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mullin! Surprised he lasted this long
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Those last 3 picks are all very solid. I was glad I got Durant because I didn't really realize til after how few quality outside shooting forwards there have been which makes guys like Gervin and Mullin more valuable. And 85 BK was a beast - one of the few historically underrated sports stars who played in NYC.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul had a damn good draft, pretty analytical...are you stealing my techniques?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Paul had a damn good draft, pretty analytical...are you stealing my techniques?
I'm still shocked that you didn't take Dantley.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm still shocked that you didn't take Dantley.
I wanted to and realize I should have instead of Marion, kind of upset at myself. But he wasn't a perimeter threat, and I'm obsessed with wings being perimeter threats.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

My overall team writeup:

Who cares, i lost interest in the last few days when everyone else stopped picking.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I tried my best to pick on time, work was a major buzzkill. Super write up to come either when I get off the couch and get my laptop or tomorrow morning
Quote:
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to the final write-ups. My initial thought is that Wooty and Tackle killed it, but everybody had some picks that I loved. Metsox won me over by taking both Zeke and Gervin (the only great player from my alma mater!).
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Team Scotty's Boys:

PG: Oscar Robertson Cincinnati Royals 1961-1962
SG: Tracy McGrady Orlando Magic 2002-03
SF: Julius Erving Philadelphia 76ers 1980-81
PF: Shawn Kemp Seattle Supersonics 1995-96
C: Bill Russell Boston Celtics 1961-1962

Bench:
G: Allen Iverson Philadelphia 76ers 2000-01
F/C: Buck Williams New Jersey Nets 1986-87
F: Bernard King, New York Knicks 1984-85

To start off, I went with building from the two ends of the floor with what I feel are the 2 most important positions on the court in point guard and center with perhaps the 2nd best PG to play and arguably the best center. (I say arguably). Big O can do it all. Drive, shoot, pass, defend and rebound. He was versatile, even played some 2 guard in his career. You know, the whole averaging a triple double for a season thing. Throw in the monster of a defender and rebounder in Russell, and you've got the 1 and 5 locked down. Oh yeah, not to mention winning with Mr. Rings himself.

As a team, I really enjoyed how this played out. With Robertson leading the show, I paired him up with T-Mac. T-Mac in his prime was an incredible scorer and not a bad defender, really. His ability to shoot and create his own shot plays up his versatility as well. He's an offensive juggernaut and playing with a stud like Robertson will free him up for some good looks. On the wing is the incredible athlete of Dr. J. The Doctor can drive, being an excellent slasher and was a brilliant ball player. He would be in the best spots for Oscar to feed him the rock. Lanky and quick, Dr. J can stick with anyone on the perimeter and get open for some really sexy alley-oops from 'Big O".
Down low Kemp and Russell have the boards on lock down. Kemp's leaping ability was tremendous and he started to show incredible promise as one of the best PF's to play. He had a nice touch around the elbow, allowing for Russell to work the block.

I just love how well these guys work together and are really how I would love to build a team. Russell controlling the pain defensively and rebounding wise, paired up with Kemp. I love controlling the block and their rebounding is crucial. I'm all about defensive, hard-nosed bigs who grab boards. Dr. J is my ideal small forward (okay, outside of Lebron, but still) with the slashing ability and quickness. He's an athlete who can stick with anyone. 2 guard is where I feel most of the offense should come from on my ideal team and I've got that in T-Mac. Throw in a PG who can literally do it all, and this team compliments each other very nicely. In the starting lineup, T-Mac would I guess be considered the biggest ego, but these guys know how to play and would work well together and spread the floor nicely. Not to mention, a fast break triggered by a Russell rebound, outlet to Robertson with Dr. J and T-Mac on the wings with a trailer like Kemp would be fun as hell to watch. All smart players, too.

The bench I went with versatility with it being a 8 man draft. Screw the haters because AI is the man. He can handle the ball and is a scorer. His offensive ability off the bench makes him the ideal 6th man. As my man John Wooden has said, the 6th man is the spark plug who can come off the bench and score when it's needed and that's exactly what Iverson can do and would do in this situation. I know Brody will come in here with his ridiculousness, but AI carried this sixers team to the finals with his offense. He wouldn't even need to carry the load here. Him, T-Mac and Robertson are all versatile and can lead to some fun lineups and matchups.

Also on the bench is the swing man Bernard King. His scoring in this season and ability to do so under the bright lights make him a very solid guy off the bench. He score in multiple aspects and ways and fills nicely as my backup wing. Down low is my man Buck Williams. I need a Net and couldn't get Kidd, but Buck is an awesome defender and rebounder down low, which I've already stated that I love, duh. He can play the 4 or 5, which makes him a valuable backup big.

This team really works well together in terms off their skillset. AI's "attitude" would be kept in check by the other dudes, but they're all good guys and smart players. No one is a real defensive liability and are versatile as well. Good ball movement, spacing, defense and fast break potential. All in all, I really love the make up of the team
Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

nice work ScottyMan.

so let's wrap this up.

* Write-ups needed to be posted by Monday at the latest. Just post them in here.

* Voting will occur on Tuesday

* Results on Wednesday
Old 07-21-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Magic Johnson, PG, Los Angeles Lakers, 1986-87
Reggie Miller, SG, Indiana Pacers, 1993-94
John Havlicek, SF, Boston Celtics, 1973-74
Karl Malone, PF, Utah Jazz, 1996-97
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, C, Milwaukee Bucks, 1970-71

Manu Ginobili, G, San Antonio Spurs, 2007-08
Glen Rice, SF, Charlotte Hornets, 1996-97
Kevin McHale, PF, Boston Celtics, 1986-87

This team begins with the fast break. The greatest transition maestro of all time in Magic Johnson leading the charge with Karl Malone running the floor as he did better than any big man in history, and Reggie Miller on the wing ready for the spot up three.

And if we don't get a quick bucket in transition? Settle it down and throw it into Kareem to utilize the most devastating and unstoppable offensive move in NBA history - the skyhook. With plan b being a Magic/Malone pick and roll. Ho hum. And if you double Kareem, or rotate on the Magic/Malone pick and roll? Reggie Miller is sitting open for 3, or John Havlicek gets the ball and uses his all around brilliance to go to the basket or drop a dime to a teammate.

And speaking of Havlicek, his perimeter defense will be key. Known to be one of the better perimeter defenders of all time, I have him only behind Pippen and Payton when it comes to shutting a guy down. And if you blow past him? 7'2 block machine Lew Alcindor is waiting for you. Then theres the length of Magic and the quick hands of Malone to deal with. Not the strongest defensive side ever constructed, but it certainly isnt a weakness.

Now to the perfect bench. This is where team chemistry comes into play, as most star players in their prime would tell you to **** off if you asked them to come off the bench. My guys? Well, I probably have the two greatest six men in history in McHale and Manu, so there's no problems there, or dropoff in production.

Kareem in the post, Magic/Malone on the pick and roll, Miller/Rice spotting up for 3. No one can stop both Kareem and the pick and roll without doubling or rotating, and if you do, thats a wide open 3 for two of the greatest shooters ever. It would be an offensive showcase. If nothing else, id have a fun team.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Dikembe was the best player on the 76ers finals team. Anyways...

PG Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets, 2007-08
SG Ray Allen, Milwaukee Bucks, 2000-01
SF Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics, 2007-08
PF Kevin Garnett, Minnesota Timberwolves, 2003-04
C David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs, 1994-95

G Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons, 2005-06
F Shawn Marion, Phoenix Suns, 2005-06
C Dikembe Mutombo, Denver Nuggets, 1993-94

I have the most modernized team, so it's obvious that they are able to compete across all eras to start. My entire starting lineup consists of guys who have the ability to pass, play defense, and score at a fairly efficient rate. Paul is the best PG of the last 30 years besides Magic Johnson. His ability to keep the offense flowing is remarkable, and this year he took a really crappy Hornets team pretty damn far basically by himself. He can move the ball around inside to David Robinson, an elite interior player in the 90s, or he can move it around on the perimeter to Ray Allen, an elite perimeter player with the Bucks. He also forces a remarkable amount of turnovers, leading the league in steals that year and being a pest on the defensive end.

The Allen/Pierce/KG combo would magnificently in the year I chose Paul Pierce, but I took far better versions of Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett to pick it up. I don't think people realize how good KG was, but he had decent efficiency where he was the only real scorer on the team (Spree sucked ass), he was the best rebounder in the game, an elite passing big, a great shot blocker and forced a ton of turnovers on defense. Like everyone else on the starting five (sans Paul), he didn't need the ball to be effective and is a huge interior weapon with good range on his jump shot (which I hate but hush).

Allen is the best perimeter player in the game in 2000-2001, and should have won the MVP that year (but AI won because MUH POINTS). Without having all the attention focused on him, he'd be absolute dynamite on this style of team. Pierce is Pierce, he can spread the ball around and he can shoot the ball. Plus, he was the finals MVP for a reason. Finally for the starters, Admiral was the best scoring big of the 90s, and he combined that with very good passing ability, above average rebounding ability and being excellent on the defensive end (great shotblocker and forced a lot of turnovers). I almost took him round 1 for a reason, he does everything that the starters personify: great passers, efficient scorers, good rebounders, solid defenders.

For the bench, I took three guys with complimentary skillsets. Billups was an excellent passer who rarely turned the ball over, and was coming off two straight finals appearances (with one win) in this year. He was an efficient scorer because he could knock down threes, and combined that with an ability to get the line (where he rarely misses) and good defense. Marion is one of the more versatile players in NBA history, and he could basically do it all this year. 20+ PPG, 11+ RPG, good defense with a lot of blocked shots and steals, and can knock down the three from either forward spot. Finally, there's Dikembe. Dikembe was possibly the best defensive big of the modern era (at least top 3), and was a terror on the inside. If Admiral were to have a problem with a big man, Dikembe could easily slide in and go nuts if need be. He's also the perfect teammate, whom everyone pretty much just loves.

RIP TheManInBlack