Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better Stats if he was a feature back?
Michael Turner 67 70.53%
Ladell Betts 28 29.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Betts or Turner

Ladell Betts of the Redskins and Michael Turner of the Chargers (for now) are maybe the two biggest names for back-up runers. If the two players were both feature backs who do you think would have the better stats?

IMO I think it would be Michael Turner. He averaged 6 yards a carry last year.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Betts is overrated, so Turner.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I think Betts is underrated by many, including Redskins fans. That being said, Betts has the higher floor, but Turner has the bigger upside, so the nod is to Turner in the poll.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have already seen what Betts can do as a starter so I think he would be a better featured back.
________
COCAINE REHAB ADVICE

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:36 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd want Betts.

Bett's first 10 games last season he compiled:
1. 8 atts. 22 yds, 3 rec. 31 yds.
2. 11 atts. 40 yds, 7 rec. 57 yds
3. 16 atts. 124 yds, 3 rec. 27 yds
4. 11 atts. 37 yds
5. 1 att
6. 2 att
7. 10 atts. 52 yds, 5 rec. 41 yards
8. 3 atts.
9. 20 atts. 83 yds,
10. 7 atts. 18 yds.

Not good at all, but decent for a number 2 running back. Then he took over. This is what he compiled the last 6 games.

104, 155, 171, 119, 129, 92. with approx 200 receiving yards.

Betts.

I like Turner, but I don't know hod he would do carrying the load. Betts proved he can, even on a ****** team
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love betts, he's been nothing but reliable when he was asked to carry the load. I like turner too but betts has more clout right now IMO

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say Betts because he has been seen more by me and he always produces great #s when portis is injured

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how so many redskins fans aren't big fans of Betts. I've been on other boards where Skins fans themselves trash Betts. I think Betts is one of the main reasons why Skins fans can have some hope for 2007-2008. Simply put, this time, if POrtis goes down, you know Betts can produce. And a healthy Portis gets additional rest now with Betts there, and it protects Jason Campbell.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I'd take Betts any day. He hits the hole extremely fast and has great burst speed. He's nothing more than a solid backup though, and I think part of the reason that he ran so well is that our line was making the biggest holes ever. Betts is a nice complementary back to Portis, Turner just seems to pickup LT's scraps when hes taking a breather.

The only problems that I had with Betts was that he did not seem to find the endzone often (I think he only had like two or three TDs). He also has a fumble problem which costs us the St Louis game, but that can be fixed.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We have already seen what Betts can do as a starter so I think he would be a better featured back.
How does that make any sense? That's like saying that your girlfriend gives the best head because you've seen her perform, but little did you know that the girl you saw over at Baskin Robbins the other day "practicing" on a ice cream cone can actually do better. You've gotta base your opinion on something more meaningful than whether or not you've seen the guy in a feature role.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
How does that make any sense? That's like saying that your girlfriend gives the best head because you've seen her perform, but little did you know that the girl you saw over at Baskin Robbins the other day "practicing" on a ice cream cone can actually do better. You've gotta base your opinion on something more meaningful than whether or not you've seen the guy in a feature role.
LMAO, i love your analogies

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladell Betts will never be a fulltime starter.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Betts over turner anytime .. i've seen the guy play

redskins sucked last year that was why nobody paid attention to him unlike the chargers and turner
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ladell Betts will never be a fulltime starter.
Thats funny because neither with Cedric Benson...lol
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

turner. he is a good back and i think he will shine when he gets a feature role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well stats don't mean everything....

I would want Turner on my team and he would be a more effective player imo, but Betts has proven that he can be a workhorse and rack up a lot of yardage, so it would definitely be close stats-wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The reason why Turners YPC were so high was because the best RB in the NFL tired the defense out.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner gets the hype Ladell is the better back, everyone knows I am the biggest Betts hater but most of it is because I love Portis and a little because our line was very underrated last year and was top 5 but Betts is an excellent receiving back he had 53 catches for 445 yards last year, also while Turner's 6.3 ypc is impressive a lot of it was on garbage yards on throwing downs and when the defense was winded from trying to get LT. He only had 80 carries. I'd take Betts 4.7 ypc on 245 carries more than 3 times as many carries as Turner who had a 6.3 ypc average.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Turner's potential alot more than Ladell Betts; Betts just doesn't seem to be the guy that can be consistent through the years

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Thats funny because neither with Cedric Benson...lol
How do you figure? Pretty sure that he'll be the fulltime starter next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand why the Broncos wanted Betts when the possible Dre Bly trade was being discussed because with his downhill style of running Ladell Betts would get 1,500+ yards on the Broncos.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

turner. 6ypc says it all

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
turner. 6ypc says it all
on 80 carries, Betts had 4.7 on 245 carries if you want to go by stats and YAC, Betts average is 10x more impressive

Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just like Turner. I thought he was very underrated and being behind LT doesn't help...
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

I think Ladell Betts has shown that he can pile some stats over the course of a season. As for Michael Turner, he hasn't really shown that he can take a beating through a whole game, much less throughout a whole season.
mil_brew_fan is offline   Reply With Quote