Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better Stats if he was a feature back?
Michael Turner 67 70.53%
Ladell Betts 28 29.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily Turner, Betts doesen't have the potential Turner does. I think Betts is overrated and is the type to fumble in crunch time. Redskins paid way too much.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm taking Turner, Betts has been in the league a couple of years now and hasn't proved very much. Although he is a good change a pace back. I would take Turner he is younger more duraible and could easily be a starter.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I'm taking Turner, Betts has been in the league a couple of years now and hasn't proved very much. Although he is a good change a pace back. I would take Turner he is younger more duraible and could easily be a starter.

Sorry but he proved four things last year.

1. He could stay healthy
2. He could carry the load
3. Maintain a good YPC average over significant amount of carries
4. He was a viable threat receiving out of the backfield

What remains to be proved is can he work on his weaknesses a la Tiki Barber and cure his problem holding onto the ball.

For all of Turner's vast potential he has not been in that position yet as a starter. When he starts I am sure Turner will show he is the real deal and be a major star.

But in my own teams situation I like the combination of Betts and Portis. for the Jets and all the other teams interested however jump on Turner.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Easily Turner, Betts doesen't have the potential Turner does. I think Betts is overrated and is the type to fumble in crunch time. Redskins paid way too much.
Don't speak about things you don't know about. To say that the Skins payed too much for Ladell Betts is the biggest joke I have ever heard. He signed a 5 year contract extension worth a maximum of 11 million dollars with only 5.5 mil guaranteed. That's 2 mil a year for 5 years for a young guy who just rushed for over 1,000 yards in 9 starts. That is a joke if you think 2 mil a year is overpaying a back like Betts, 3rd string Centers get paid more. I hate when people talk about the skins when they don't know the facts just assuming we overpaid him when really 5 years 11 million is dirt money in the NFL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
Sorry but he proved four things last year.

1. He could stay healthy
2. He could carry the load
3. Maintain a good YPC average over significant amount of carries
4. He was a viable threat receiving out of the backfield

What remains to be proved is can he work on his weaknesses a la Tiki Barber and cure his problem holding onto the ball.

For all of Turner's vast potential he has not been in that position yet as a starter. When he starts I am sure Turner will show he is the real deal and be a major star.

But in my own teams situation I like the combination of Betts and Portis. for the Jets and all the other teams interested however jump on Turner.

Here's a question for you then, why don't the Redskins release Portis and start Betts if he's so great?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Here's a question for you then, why don't the Redskins release Portis and start Betts if he's so great?
Betts is merely a backup. Portis is a top 5 caliber running back.

That's why.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whoever has the better line...
Old 04-08-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Clinton Portis has rushed for 6400 plus yards and 65 TD's in 5 years and is a better running back.

I throw it back at you why dont the Chargers release LT if Turner is so good. Its a dumb question.

Fact is Betts has done things that Turner has yet too do. If you read my posts I have said that Turner has all the potential in the world and I believe he is more talented but what has he proved, or should I say been allowed to prove. The answer is nothing.

Right now it is all speculation he has just 157 career carries and 7 receptions in 43 games, that averages less than 4 touches a game. I'm not doubting the talent, I am speculating what he will do when he has to carry 250-300 times a year.

Before last year we said the same things about Betts, he stepped up in almost every way. I think Turner will do the same and more but until he does we don't know.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner tha burner

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Turner might be overrated when it's all said and done, but Betts filled in admirably for Portis. Portis's biggest question mark at this point of his career is his durability. That's the only reason Portis would be worth getting rid of. If he remains healthy, he'll have a great season. If not, wtf is the point of having him?
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
Well, when you have Lorenzo Neal blocking for you, that helps just a bit.
ya im pretty sure behind neal even i could get around 5 yards per carry.... although i did pick turner.....AND THERE GOES THE BURNER BYE BYE MICHEAL TURNER....COLTS ARE NOT GONAN BE UNDEFEATED!! haha love it!!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Turner but he's overrated. They both are, and I wouldn't want either as my feature back. Good backups though, I like Turner in a RBBC and Betts as a #2/3rd down back.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote