Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
:D We're arguing chicken or the egg.

I'm essentially saying Witten/Hanna/Escobar are strong enough receivers to force teams to play nickel or get beaten through the air. In the instances where the defense calls the bluff and stays base we'd send in a running play and be dependent on Romo to either audible to a passing play or rely on our TEs to successful block the edges.

I 100% agree with you guys that Witten/Hanna/Escobar are NOT effective blockers against a base defense. Could they become a unit that is effective in an offseason? Perhaps, but I more-so envision the first scenario (i.e. beat defenses in base through the air and force teams to play the mismatch into our hands).
Wasn't arguing, just building off what you said

Supposedly Parnell isn't out there today , kind of disappointed with his start to TC. Broaddus said on Talking Cowboys he's looked disinterested.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Wasn't arguing, just building off what you said

Supposedly Parnell isn't out there today , kind of disappointed with his start to TC. Broaddus said on Talking Cowboys he's looked disinterested.
Heard the same thing except the word "regressed" was used. Makes me sad. I would rather hear Free was EXCELLENT rather than Parnell has regressed. Another fear I have is that with Spencer going to surgery Wilber vs Free in camp is not going to give us an accurate picture. Spencer vs Free was going to give Dallas a "worst case scenario" in terms of Doug Free's play. Saying that Wilber will probably give him fits :P

Can't find the quote but supposedly Matt Johnson and JJ Wilcox running with the 2's were giving the offense fits with their range and presence around the ball. That excites me.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heard the same thing except the word "regressed" was used. Makes me sad. I would rather hear Free was EXCELLENT rather than Parnell has regressed. Another fear I have is that with Spencer going to surgery Wilber vs Free in camp is not going to give us an accurate picture. Spencer vs Free was going to give Dallas a "worst case scenario" in terms of Doug Free's play. Saying that Wilber will probably give him fits :P

Can't find the quote but supposedly Matt Johnson and JJ Wilcox running with the 2's were giving the offense fits with their range and presence around the ball. That excites me.
Well, Eric Winston is still out there

I will never understand why they brought back Doug Free.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...1-54ca1a67ce1d

Okay, this just isn't fair to Mo. Seriously, most other receivers wouldn't catch half these balls.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...1-54ca1a67ce1d

Okay, this just isn't fair to Mo. Seriously, most other receivers wouldn't catch half these balls.
Yeah from all accounts Mo is playing out his mind (good) but Dez is just on a whole 'nother level this year. Going to make both of them better.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo is looking sharp as hell on that video, but hot damn is Dez just a freaking beast. I'm pumped as hell seeing that. The guy is loaded with skill, yet he's sounding hungry as hell to get better.

Also, I listened to the Garrett speech, and one line had me cracking up all day. "You talk about Sean Lee because he's the best ******* Mike linebacker in football. Not because he says some **** on Twitter." lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Mo is looking sharp as hell on that video, but hot damn is Dez just a freaking beast. I'm pumped as hell seeing that. The guy is loaded with skill, yet he's sounding hungry as hell to get better.

Also, I listened to the Garrett speech, and one line had me cracking up all day. "You talk about Sean Lee because he's the best ******* Mike linebacker in football. Not because he says some **** on Twitter." lol
Oh ya, Mo is all over him.

Funny quote about Sean Lee. I'm a Penn Stater, so I'm a bit partial to Lee. But if he stays healthy, he might be one of the top 3 in the league. He's awesome when he gets the ball in his hands.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not much of an upgrade either. Makes you wonder why we went Escobar, Williams, and Randle when we needed so much help on both lines. Oh well. Hope for the best i guess.
Yep couldn't agree more. No idea why another TE, or WR, was so important honestly but, and emphasis on but, I think if we have an interior of Leary, Frederick, Livings, we are much better then last year and Leary + Livings are both still out right? I hope we keep Frederick at Center too. He's the center of the future, slap him there from day 1 and call it a day.

I also like to hear Ware whipping up on Tyron and same with Dez for Mo, good chance for those young guys to really improve. We've just got to cut out so many 7 step drops for our offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Funny quote about Sean Lee. I'm a Penn Stater, so I'm a bit partial to Lee. But if he stays healthy, he might be one of the top 3 in the league. He's awesome when he gets the ball in his hands.
I think he's definitely there. Just needs the games played to compare him to the top guys. He sparingly played his rookie year for whatever and really was great his second year. He was doing it again last year before getting hurt, and I think he's going to really look great again as long as he's healthy.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Must have been dense that I never figured out you were a fellow PSU alum :) I always noticed the Mechanicsburg, PA location though :D It's hard to be impartial with PSU linebackers. I would have loved to see Mauti come here his mental aspect was on par with Sean Lee just his knees won't hold up.

Lee without a doubt is a top 3 LB when healthy it's just a matter of keeping it there. I honestly think Bruce Carter is going to get a TON of national recognition this year.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Wilcox is cracking skulls in camp. Hopefully his pass coverage can develop and he can be not just a hitter.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*The two newest players had an instant impact. Defensive end George Selvie had numerous pressures and one sack on his first day on the job. Landon Cohen, the defensive tackle, was also impressive with his pressure on the quarterback. Cohen also knocked down a pass. The Cowboys weren't looking for an expensive veteran player such as John Abraham. Instead, the Cowboys were looking for younger players who could create competition along the defensive line.

Awesome! Camp fodder is even wrecking havoc on our O-line.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even know we got Selvie, that's cool. Hopefully we get Okoye too, hell bring in Ellis also. We need the depth, may as well bring in retreads who at one time were thought of highly.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Wilcox is cracking skulls in camp. Hopefully his pass coverage can develop and he can be not just a hitter.
Only thing that worries me is we have been down this road soooo many times at Safety. How many years are we gonna draft a highly athletic, tweener, JAG type at safety? Don't see much difference here then with AoA, and a ton of guys before him also. These guys are nice when you have an Ed Reed type for 1 more year, properly groom and develop them, I don't trust our system to do that at all.

And I say that being a huge fan of Wilcox and his athleticism, + his nose for the ball.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I like the idea of drafting athletes A LOT more with Kiffin than Ryan. Kiffin's scheme is very simple in comparison.

Wilcox from what I've read/seen videos of doesn't look lost on the field like AoA did. I think that's a huge plus for his development moving forward. I want to hear more about the 2's unit pairing for Wilcox/Matt Johnson if that can eventually become our 1's we would have a elite athleticism with hitting ability at both spots O_o

We have been down this road before although I MUCH prefer the athleticism road as opposed to stiff "hitters" (looking at you Roy Williams).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
*The two newest players had an instant impact. Defensive end George Selvie had numerous pressures and one sack on his first day on the job. Landon Cohen, the defensive tackle, was also impressive with his pressure on the quarterback. Cohen also knocked down a pass. The Cowboys weren't looking for an expensive veteran player such as John Abraham. Instead, the Cowboys were looking for younger players who could create competition along the defensive line.

Awesome! Camp fodder is even wrecking havoc on our O-line.
I wasn't sure if this was tongue in cheek or not but the offensive lineman they were up against were reserve lineman/ 3rd teamers. Beating the likes of Ray Dominguez is hardly an NFL worthy accomplishment given he has absolutely zero shot of making the roster.

Last edited by Trogdor : 07-25-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Bleeeeeeeeeeh. I love that Free is playing well from all accounts and he has re-found some of his mojo but passing on Winston REALLY bothers me especially now that we see he was willing to due an incentive based deal.

Quote:
Winston, 29, will make close to the veteran’s minimum of $840,000 if he makes the team. There are bonuses that will reward him for starting.
Complete whiff IMHO but not taking a chance.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Marinelli raves about Ware/Spencer comparing them to Peppers and Rice.

Best quote though has to be from Broads:
Quote:
Broaddus calls the tight ends 'one of the bright spots in camp' and even praises Gavin Escobar for his - wait for it - blocking ability. Broaddus also writes that DeMarco Murray had his best day in camp so far, and looks at the ups and downs of B.W. Webb.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...0-eaf252b759b2

Another point I loved is that Killer K is putting on a show supposedly at guard when run blocking. I hope he sticks I've always liked him more than Costa.

Quote:
"He has been too good in the running game securing blocks and pulling in space. He has passed stunts and worked well getting out in the screen. He has played on [sic] both guard spots without mistakes and he has even taken a rep or two at center. He has shown some power and balance but he has also worked well with Tyron Smith who Is [sic] your starting tackle."

The strangest piece of news has to be that Jerry Jones is selling naming rights to the stadium who were quickly scooped up by AT&T. No word yet on if television coverage of games will become spotty or drop entirely depending on area (tongue in cheek).
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Bleeeeeeeeeeh. I love that Free is playing well from all accounts and he has re-found some of his mojo but passing on Winston REALLY bothers me especially now that we see he was willing to due an incentive based deal.

Complete whiff IMHO but not taking a chance.
Exactly. Hard to be excited about this season and our line considering Winston was waivering in the wind all this time and for that type of price. Makes absolutely no sense. Hell, bring him in and let him compete for a roster spot even, but I find it hard to believe he's not an upgrade on Doug Free seeing as how he's been better then Free the last 2 years. So stupid.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Winston also would have been good depth since there isn't much besides Smith, Free, and Parnell. If one guy gets hurt then you have Weems starting or swinging. When Winston could have been had for so cheap that makes me shake my head.

Hopefully Killer Kowalski continues to be a bright spot. The guards need something, anything, positive.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I <3 Ben Bass.

Quote:
Jason Hatcher:

“He’s going to be the reason I’m playing for a different team next year,” said Hatcher, in the final year of a three-year, $6 million deal. “He’s coming on. He’s coming on. I’ve just got to keep my job secure and play my butt off.”
Quote:
“Oh man, I thought [Ban Bass] had a really good OTAs, and I think he’s a big, good-looking athlete,” [Rod] Marinelli said. “He’s a guy who can move. What you try to do is create position flexibility, so he’s worked inside. I like him inside. I’m looking at him at some end.

“For now, he gives you a big 290-pound left end you can use in the run game. You’ve got to be careful with that approach and not give him too many things to do. You want to make him good first and then adjust. This was an opportunity to give him some work and see how he looks out there.”
Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

"You want to make him good first and then adjust."

Wise words from Marinelli there. Seems like he wants to mold the athleticism properly.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin lost for the season with a torn ACL. Hate to see that but... *whisper* yay.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Maclin lost for the season with a torn ACL. Hate to see that but... *whisper* yay.
sucks for him, but oh well he plays for philly so its hard to feel sorry fro them

had it been hakeem nicks i'd be doing handstands
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So watched the Blue White scrimmage this weekend. A QB on the roster Tanney really stuck out to me during the game. Playing behind the garbage 3rd and 4th string lines he was forced to move around in the pocket. He displayed good arm strength and good accuracy. Ultimately throwing a TD to end his session on 4th and long.

Today I came across this....I love this kid....

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Love him too. He had some "Romo" in him during that scrimmage. If he can translate from scrimmage to preseason games there isn't a chance the team cuts him.