Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah thats what im saying, so this isnt the 1st failure and that is the problem... but than again no one really knows the details so im not sure what's going to happen
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not going to get into discussions about it here. The info is out there, studies from all over the world. If you want to be informed look them up, if you don't carry on. IIl leave it at that.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Last edited by elway=goat : 07-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Contradiction.

If it "releases a massive amount of serotonin at once" and is "a hard come down" and is "basically an anti depressant on steroids"... wouldn't that mean it is likely HIGHLY addictive. EXTREMELY addictive.

If you feel better doing it than you ever did. And when you come off it you feel horrible... wouldn't that mean you're more likely to keep doing it?

And I understand it make not cause "physical" brain issues, but constantly changing the serotonin levels in your brain (both quickly and significantly) can absolutely cause long-term effects.
Since each dose depletes serotonin levels by 50-80%, if you were to attempt to keep doing it you would have such rapidly diminishing returns that it soon wouldn't even be worth it. I've never seen anybody develop an addiction to ecstasy. I've seen people use it in consecutive days, but for the heaviest users it'll generally be a once-a-week thing.

That's not necessarily a defense of ecstasy. I hate it because it fuels candy ravers, and I hate candy ravers like Eric Cartman hates hippies.

Last edited by WCH : 07-23-2013 at 11:10 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Since each dose depletes serotonin levels by 50-80%, if you were to attempt to keep doing it you would have such rapidly diminishing returns that it soon wouldn't even be worth it. I've never seen anybody develop an addiction to ecstasy. I've seen people use it in consecutive days, but for the heaviest users it'll generally be a once-a-week thing.

That's not necessarily a defense of ecstasy. I hate it because it fuels candy ravers, and I hate candy ravers like Eric Cartman hates hippies.
Research suggests marijuana isn't addictive, either.

If something makes you feel amazing when you do it, and crappy when you don't, you're likely to do it habitually.

And I'm not sure I believe the validity of reports that state long-term use of any type of amphetamine won't drastically, and permanently alter brain chemistry.

But I've dragged this off-the-rails enough.

I, personally don't judge a player because of these things. I just tend to not excuse it as not being a big deal.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-23-2013 at 12:03 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that two similar stories broke on the same day -- Von Miller and that Milwaukee Brewers player -- is symbolic of how there are still a lot of MLB and NFL players that are juiced up.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
The fact that two similar stories broke on the same day -- Von Miller and that Milwaukee Brewers player -- is symbolic of how there are still a lot of MLB and NFL players that are juiced up.
Von was not juiced up... Dont try and take anything away from his performance, he made a DUMB decision and smoked... wasnt like he was trying to get the upperhand and take PEDs
Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DrunkenMonkey13
Rookie

DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't compare steroids to recreational drugs. Not that either offense makes them very smart, but it's two different offenses and two different public reactions. (no one is going to take away Von's awards or question their validity because he took ecstasy or whatnot, but he's still pretty dumb and selfish)

As for how this impacts the Broncos in 2013, I would say it's not as big as you'd think. The Broncos won by an average of 12 points per contest last year and got better on offense. They are going to score. Denver has productive defensive players who while they wont be able to replace Von, they don't need to, they just need to be productive enough to help Denver secure a W, which with the offense they will most likely be able to. I would say it effects Von more-so both in his quest for any individual awards and future contract negotiations with Denver.
DrunkenMonkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most shocking part of this whole story for me is that a young, black millionaire who lives in Colorado and takes extreme amounts of physical abuse for a living was smoking weed in the off-season.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The most shocking part of this whole story for me is that a young, black millionaire who lives in Colorado and takes extreme amounts of physical abuse for a living was smoking weed in the off-season.
How could he?!!! That **** rots your brain. Guy should be in jail, pot is illegal!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Personally, I don't give a ****, but it doesn't make him any less of an idiot.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how some of you are acting like this won be a major factor in their first 4 games. The Broncos are still playoff locks, but the first 4 games are really tough. Von is the top edge rusher in the NFL and a top 5 defensive player. Coupled with the loss of Doom, I'm not sure how they will get pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

I'm not saying it wont have an impact but for an offense that has been working all off-season on being more explosive and playing at a MUCH higher pace....

so pretty much the offense is looking to score even more than they did last year, Manning should be better all reports say he is almost back to where he was pre-injury...

So im not worried about us not being able to win the games because i think the offense will be able to handle any team they face in the first 4 weeks.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm not sure how some of you are acting like this won be a major factor in their first 4 games. The Broncos are still playoff locks, but the first 4 games are really tough. Von is the top edge rusher in the NFL and a top 5 defensive player. Coupled with the loss of Doom, I'm not sure how they will get pressure.
Well first, Broncos have 3 of 4 to open at home. 2 of those games are against the Raiders and Eagles, both predicted to finish last in their respective divisions.
Second, the offense has gotten better and features a year together now.
Third, the Broncos have some young guys that are expected to progress, like Wolfe and Ayers, to help this out, plus the signing of Shaun Phillips.
Yes, the defense will be worse without Von Miller. However, stop acting like this means the Broncos will start the season 0-4. The offense will still score, the defense still has a solid group, solid special teams. No reason they shouldn't walk away from the first four at least 2-2, most likely 3-1.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Von was not juiced up
He tested positive for speed. That can be used as a PED. As far as marijuana, that's now legal in Colorado. Can Goodell still suspend Miller for it? If not, then I hope Goodell is really pissed about it.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
He tested positive for speed. That can be used as a PED. As far as marijuana, that's now legal in Colorado. Can Goodell still suspend Miller for it? If not, then I hope Goodell is really pissed about it.
If speed was found in his system it probably came way of either Adderall or Ecstasy. Ecstasy is always cut with something fast,cheap and dirty in combination to it's MDMA base.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If speed was found in his system it probably came way of either Adderall or Ecstasy. Ecstasy is always cut with something fast,cheap and dirty in combination to it's MDMA base.
Is there anyway we can incorporate Molly pills falling out of the sky in your sig pic. His face would be a solid reaction.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Is there anyway we can incorporate Molly pills falling out of the sky in your sig pic. His face would be a solid reaction.
If we can get a sig maker to put "popped a molly im sweating" that would be nice,
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was weed he can just say it was in his system because everyone in Denver was smoking around him.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are some of us missing the fact that this was Miller's second failed test?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Are some of us missing the fact that this was Miller's second failed test?
He has only failed one test that we know of. Maybe because it's for two drugs? The failed test apparently was back in 2011 in his rookie year. How is he just now getting busted for a test in 2011? This is all screwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He has only failed one test that we know of. Maybe because it's for two drugs? The failed test apparently was back in 2011 in his rookie year. How is he just now getting busted for a test in 2011? This is all screwy.
The NFL doesn't suspend players the first time they fail a test for banned substances. A first failed test puts them in the League's substance abuse program. A suspension doesn't come until phase II.

I think the first failed test was his rookie year.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

From the Denver Post...

Quote:
The Denver Post has received documentation stating Miller had multiple positive tests for marijuana and an undisclosed amphetamine during his rookie season of 2011. It's unclear whether the league considered those positive tests as one "failed" incident.

Under the NFL's substance-abuse policy, a player cannot be disciplined with a four-game suspension until after he has been placed in "Stage 2" of the intervention program.

Once in stage 2, a player who fails a drug test would be fined four 17ths of his salary, and suspended four games, if he fails to comply with stage 1. Once in stage 2, players are subject to random drug testing up to 10 times a month.

Players move to stage 3 if they have two positive tests when in stage 2 or one positive test to go with one instance when the player failed to comply with the program. The minimum suspension for a violation in stage 3 is a calendar year.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-four-games-by
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ugs?source=rss

again, If the appeal doesnt go in his favor it at worst means he is a stoner, it's not like he was trying to get an upperhand or cheat...
Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the 2 Williams brothers in Minnesota appeal based on state law contradicting federal law and won their appeal?

I don't remember exactly how that went.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could be addicted. Weed is like pain medication for some players.

I know I'm reaching here, and he's clearly being selfish, but if he's addicted then he's not thinking clearly.