Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Kenny Britt - Let Walk
C Rob Turner - Let Walk
WR Damian Williams - let walk
RT David Stewart - Cut (saves 6.4m)
TE Craig Stevens - Cut (saves 2.2m, accounts for 2m in dead money)
DE Kamerion Wimbley - Cut (saves 2.4m, accounts for 5.4m in dead money)
WR Nate Washington Cut (saves 4.8m, no dead money)
OT Mike Otto - Let Walk
DE Ropati Pitoitua - Resign 2y 2.5m (1m cap in 14)
SS Bernard Pollard - Resign 2yr 4.5m (1.75m cap in 14)
CB Alterraun Verner - Resign 4 yr 22m (4m cap in 14)

Cap 122m, Spent 111.20

$6m allocated to rookies = $117.20.

I am not liking our cap situation unless we get some restructures or something. It'd be almost impossible to get Ben Roethlisberger or Jay Cutler (unlikely either are a real option anyways) under the cap without some unique maneuvering.

I still think we miss out on most of the good tackles in the first, so I'm thinking either Mike Evans or Eric Ebron with our first.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
WR Kenny Britt - Let Walk
C Rob Turner - Let Walk
WR Damian Williams - let walk
RT David Stewart - Cut (saves 6.4m)
TE Craig Stevens - Cut (saves 2.2m, accounts for 2m in dead money)
DE Kamerion Wimbley - Cut (saves 2.4m, accounts for 5.4m in dead money)
WR Nate Washington Cut (saves 4.8m, no dead money)
OT Mike Otto - Let Walk
DE Ropati Pitoitua - Resign 2y 2.5m (1m cap in 14)
SS Bernard Pollard - Resign 2yr 4.5m (1.75m cap in 14)
CB Alterraun Verner - Resign 4 yr 22m (4m cap in 14)

Cap 122m, Spent 111.20

$6m allocated to rookies = $117.20.

I am not liking our cap situation unless we get some restructures or something. It'd be almost impossible to get Ben Roethlisberger or Jay Cutler (unlikely either are a real option anyways) under the cap without some unique maneuvering.

I still think we miss out on most of the good tackles in the first, so I'm thinking either Mike Evans or Eric Ebron with our first.
I agree with all of those, except for maybe Damien Williams. I think we could re-sign him for relatively cheap; and, if that's the case, I think he's a good one to bring back. As a receiver, he's performed pretty well for us when called upon. I think he's a more than capable #3 WR and a great #4 WR in our offense. That would give us a solid core of Wright, Hunter, and Williams. My guess is that Mariani will also be back next year, following the debacle at KR/PR this season, so he takes one WR spot. That means we'll be looking for a #4 type WR -- which can be found for cheap in FA.

Also, the Wimbley decision will take some thinking in my opinion. He's obviously not made any impact for us. However, I'm wary (and I think alot of GMs would be wary) of having 5+ million of dead-cap just sitting there, when we're already in a cap crunch. The emotional part of me says cut him and take the hit; the financial part of me says hold onto him for depth and cut him after next season, when the dead money will be much less.

As far as QB goes, I agree that Roethlisberger, Cutler, etc. are highly unlikely options -- just because we can't afford them. (Cutler has Vandy ties, so I guess there's an outside chance that he'd give us a hometown discount. But that seems like a very small chance to me.) The more I think about it, the more I'm certain that Locker is our starting QB next season with perhaps a rookie QB taken relatively early (because this is regarded as a QB-deep draft by virtually every draft evaluator). Of course, Fitz could prove himself over the last half of this season and make a push to return next year as the main backup -- although, I'm not sure if that has any effect on us drafting a QB early. Locker's health, or lack thereof, will be the deciding factor there, as well as the presumably new coaching staff.

I like both Evans and Ebron as players, but both strike me as luxury picks in an offseason where we will have other, more pressing needs. (In particular, Ebron seems like a luxury pick, as Delanie Walker's played well -- while he doesn't make "dynamic" plays, he does all the little things well and can play every down for us, which is valuable.) Considering that we'll be strapped for cash and unable to sign any big free-agents AND considering that we don't have a 3rd Round pick this year AND considering that we're unlikely to have any compensatory picks this year, it'll be very difficult to invest early in picks that don't fill immediate needs. Not saying that I'd be disappointed if we took Evans and/or Ebron. Just saying that I don't see it happening, at least right now -- though things can/will change between now and the draft.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Williams it was all about money really, I looked up what a WR with average production brought in FA last season (used Donnie Avery as that comparison) and came up with 3yr/8.5m. That seems a little on the high side for a WR with limited production, I think you're better spending a draft pick a year on a WR and hoping they can play. If we can work it out with Damian for around 2.5m/yr, I guess that's reasonable.

I'm torn on Wimbley as well, I go back and forth every day. On one hand, 5.4m is a lot to eat. On the other hand, that 2.4m may be what we need to keep Damian. I'd probably wait and try to have a cheap replacement before cutting him, and the best option is to do what we did with Amano, where it was split over 2 seasons, but I don't remember how what works for sure.

I agree with Locker, maybe grab a QB in round 2-4, but I just can't see a way he won't at least be competing for a starting job in 2014.

Who would you prefer in the first? Both of mine are situations where we let Britt, Williams and Washington go. So some type of receiving threat would likely be needed. Ebron can go out wide, run block, catch. He can do it all. We can use both Ebron and Walker on the field at the same time, and it would only create more and more mismatches. Evans we could use similar to what Tampa uses V-Jax. Line him up at all 3 WR positions, his size is going to create mismatches anywhere he lines up.

I think we'll miss out on the really good tackles, and right now I'm not seeing a DE other than Clowney that seems worthy of that selection. I like Kony Ealy, and maybe he'll work his way up to that be worthy of where we're selecting by the time the draft comes, but right now it's a pretty weak DE class.

We don't need a DT in my eyes, we don't need OLB and MLB is probably a luxury to spend in the first. No Guard or Center. Can't really take a FS and I think SS can be had later. Set at CB hopefully.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really sucks that the pass rushing crop seems to be so thin outside of Clowney. I think our defense is really missing an edge threat to take it to the next level. I'd also love to see an aggressive, stud MLB on this team, but doubt it happens. Speaking of linebackers, ours have really fallen off the last several weeks. Still kinda wish we had taken Lavonte David last year...hopefully Brown goes back to making more splash plays soon.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Kony Ealy can be that guy, but he's not there yet. He needs to test well and all that comes with it.

I've noticed that about the linebackers as well, and I've got to wonder if it's with them blitzing less (or at least it seems like it to me)?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you wanna get a good laugh, rewatch all the plays against the Colts that Colin McCarthy blitzed on.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I saw enough of those during the game, no need to torture myself again lol
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm torn on Wimbley as well, I go back and forth every day. On one hand, 5.4m is a lot to eat. On the other hand, that 2.4m may be what we need to keep Damian. I'd probably wait and try to have a cheap replacement before cutting him, and the best option is to do what we did with Amano, where it was split over 2 seasons, but I don't remember how what works for sure.

I agree with Locker, maybe grab a QB in round 2-4, but I just can't see a way he won't at least be competing for a starting job in 2014.

Who would you prefer in the first? Both of mine are situations where we let Britt, Williams and Washington go. So some type of receiving threat would likely be needed. Ebron can go out wide, run block, catch. He can do it all. We can use both Ebron and Walker on the field at the same time, and it would only create more and more mismatches. Evans we could use similar to what Tampa uses V-Jax. Line him up at all 3 WR positions, his size is going to create mismatches anywhere he lines up.

I think we'll miss out on the really good tackles, and right now I'm not seeing a DE other than Clowney that seems worthy of that selection. I like Kony Ealy, and maybe he'll work his way up to that be worthy of where we're selecting by the time the draft comes, but right now it's a pretty weak DE class.
Yeah...we look like we're in a tough spot, assuming that we pick in the 10-15 range in this upcoming draft. It's very likely that Clowney, Bridgewater, Barr, Matthews, Mariota, and probably Kouandjio are all off the board. Lewan is another possibility -- although I could also see him slipping some, as I'm not sure that he'll translate to LT in the NFL. I also think we'll see a third QB go in the top 10 (my bet is Mettenberger). We'll also likely see at least one CB and one skill-player go in the top 10, following the combine. In fact, I could see Evans being that skill-player that sneaks into the top 10, if he runs well at the combine, since he's already got the size/jumps.

Let's say that we pick #12, as that's where we'd be at if the season ended today, I think. If Lewan slipped (which, again, I think could potentially happen), he'd be my pick in a heartbeat to replace Stewart. I wouldn't mind taking Evans at #12, as the combo of Wright, Hunter, and Evans seems like a matchup nightmare for defenses. I'd also seriously look at the LBs Mack and Mosley. Mack would allow us to move Ayers to DE, which would help our pass-rush and probably help Ayers too (as he's looked REALLY out of sorts at LB this season). Mosley would allow us to move McCarthy/Foku to backup spots, as both players seem unfit to be fulltime starters. If we lose Verner, then CB becomes a real possibility too.

Again...I like Ebron. But I just don't see TE as a real need going into the draft, as Delanie's done everything that we need him to do and he's got the speed, strength, and athleticism to do even more. If we're looking for a TE, I'd rather take a chance on a WR/TE tweener in the mid-to-late rounds (e.g. someone like Trey Burton, Jacob Pederson, etc.).

Since we have a few holes and since there's not a "perfect" fit for us at #12, I'm intrigued by the idea of trading back a bit and picking up an extra pick or two in the draft -- perhaps with a team that's looking to move up for a QB (maybe an Arizona or Cleveland, if they finish better than us). Picking up a pick or two would allow us some more flexibility to take a chance with our first pick that may not necessarily be a "need" pick.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We're only 1 game back from the 6th seed, too bad we don't have a team that can take advantage of it...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My fantasy team is just like the Titans... they suck hardcore, but there somehow in it because of a ****tastic conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm thinking CJ runs for 148 against the Raiders, what's your guys' prediction?
Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking CJ runs for 148 against the Raiders, what's your guys' prediction?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Why we keep giving Kenny Britt shot after shot to go out there and fall flat on his face every time, I'll never know.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright and Hunter are going to be a sweet duo going forward.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 11-24-2013 at 11:59 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Wright and Hunter is going to be a sweet duo going forward.
Yes, they are!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall has been an absolute rock this year... and on my fantasy team, he is such a sweet flex player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

the only thing worse than not making the playoffs is going to be us having every chance to make it and then still not get in
Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pro Football Focus:
Alterraun Verner is having one of the best seasons of any cornerback that PFF has ever graded. He is currently second to Darrelle Revis in our overall rankings. His +15.4 grade also includes a +10.8 grade in coverage. The other stats are what tell the whole story. Not since 2010 has someone (Darrelle Revis) allowed a lower catch rate. Verner is only allowing 40.4% of throws his way to be completed. Quarterbacks also have a ridiculous 23.0 quarterback rating when throwing at him. This would be the lowest PFF has recorded (started tracking in 2008). He is yet to allow a touchdown and his five picks lead the league. Verner did make the PFF Midseason All-Pro team. Now it’s about time for him to get some of the national recognition he deserves. Matt McGloin might be better off keeping his throws over the middle and away from these two corners.
Sign that man!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Why we keep giving Kenny Britt shot after shot to go out there and fall flat on his face every time, I'll never know.
At one time i thought it was to try and up his trade value but it puzzles me why you would even play the guy now. I could almost see if he was great at one time and you're try to recapture the glory days but he was never great.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the only thing worse than not making the playoffs is going to be us having every chance to make it and then still not get in
It's a big deal, at least for me, for the Tits to not have a losing record. If we have a shot at 8-8, then I want them to fight for that.

And if we can end the year with a winning record of 9-7, and we still miss the playoffs, then that's a-okay with me.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Michael Griffin has been suspended 1 game without pay due to "repeated player safety violations." (hit on Mychal Rivera)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
At one time i thought it was to try and up his trade value but it puzzles me why you would even play the guy now. I could almost see if he was great at one time and you're try to recapture the glory days but he was never great.
But that 3 game stretch Babylon!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It's a big deal, at least for me, for the Tits to not have a losing record. If we have a shot at 8-8, then I want them to fight for that.

And if we can end the year with a winning record of 9-7, and we still miss the playoffs, then that's a-okay with me.
I agree. I am largely disappointed with how we came out against the Raiders though.

Rookie QB with limited skills and we let him play fairly well and nearly beat us. One of the worst offensive lines in football and we can't get a sack. Disappointing.

With that said, I don't want to get ahead of myself. One game at a time and we can have a playoff spot, but it's not gonna be easy.

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 11-25-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Michael Griffin has been suspended 1 game without pay due to "repeated player safety violations." (hit on Mychal Rivera)
Disappointing. Wilson to start for him?
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll appeal it, and will lose. Punk leads with his head, and likes to hit guys late. Maybe this'll teach him to use fundamentals.

Plus, we have George Wilson.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote