Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetically speaking, if we're picking like 5th to 8th, would you guys be opposed to an RGIII-style trade up to the top 3 to grab Bridgewater or Mariota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater sure, Mariota no.

Clowney...yes.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of either Bridgewater nor Mariota nor Manziel.

Stay put and grab Mettenberger or Carr if we want a QB, but I don't think we'll take one in the first round.

Ideally I'd trade down, grab Kony Ealy (if he goes where I think he will) then use the extra pick we got from trading down to move up from the 2nd and grab Mettenberger
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm not a fan of either Bridgewater nor Mariota nor Manziel.

Stay put and grab Mettenberger or Carr if we want a QB, but I don't think we'll take one in the first round.

Ideally I'd trade down, grab Kony Ealy (if he goes where I think he will) then use the extra pick we got from trading down to move up from the 2nd and grab Mettenberger
Mariota announced yesterday that he's returning to Oregon next year rather than entering the draft. Even though I'm not that impressed with Mariota YET (I think he could be very good with a bit more seasoning), it hurts us a little bit that he's not entering the draft because he was likely to go in the top 10. That would've given us some options possibly of trading back with a team in need of QB and getting some additional picks. Oh well...

Also, Mettenberger tore his ACL and sprained his MCL against Arkansas, so he'll likely slide in the draft now. That could work out in our favor. Even though I hate LSU, I've been very impressed with Mettenberger this year. He's got a big arm, he's got pocket presence, and he's pretty tough. From what I read on ESPN, he won't be able to have ACL surgery until AFTER his MCL sprain has healed, which could push back his recover timetable by a few additional weeks. I doubt that he'd be able to participate in many predraft workouts now, which could push down his value. Originally, I thought he might sneak into the Top 10; now, I could see him sliding down into the 2nd or even 3rd(!) round depending on teams' worries about that knee for next year. In my opinion, he'd be a long-term steal if picked in the 2nd Round or later.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could figure out a way to get Ebron, Mettenberger and Ealy, I'd be a happy guy
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am high as **** on percocet and ****** additionally I am unsure how I am awake right now... cheers

sersly amb ien? is blockeed
Old 12-08-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Johnson reportedly received $30 million in guarantees, but never lived up to that contract. As a result of his mediocrity, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Johnson will be released after this season.

What @MikeSilver & I reported on #NFLGameDay: Big changes coming for Titans. Munchak coaching for his job. CJ2k expected to be cut after ‘13 — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 8, 2013

#Titans not expected to pick up 2015 option ($13M) for QB Jake Locker, @MikeSilver & I are told. Puts them immediately in the QB market. — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 8, 2013

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8530--nfl.html

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we fire Munchak, great.

If we hire Lovie Smith, I'm sleep tho.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Realistic head coaching candidates? I really like Darrell Bevell and Jay Gruden.

Kyle Shanahan wouldn't be the worst hire IMO either, although I think Houston will look hard at him.

If we do cut Johnson, do we roll with Greene or grab someone else in FA or via the draft?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Lache Seastrunk and Marion Grice, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend the draft picks that would be necessary to retain their services.

As far as free agents, I believe Rashad Jennings, Ben Tate, and Mojo will be available.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm almost wondering if it's best to just role with Greene and then try to get a guy like Jennings, or some late round RB to help
Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
If we fire Munchak, great.

If we hire Lovie Smith, I'm sleep tho.
If the Titans hire Love Smith and draft Johnny Manziel, I'm finding a new team.

Give me Mike Zimmer, please. The guy doesn't take any **** and he's a very talented schemer.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd really like to bring in Kyle Shanahan with Gary Kubiak as OC. Retain Gregg Williams as DC and find a good O-Line coach or retain Matthews.

Matthews isn't close to Munchak quality, but I highly doubt Munch would be demoted to O-Line Coach and stay with us.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Munch is coaching for his job, or why so many want him out. We'll probably finish 7-9 without our starting QB for most of the season. That's a positive reflection.

Yeah, some changes need to be made. I'd like to make a run at Jay Cutler, sign FB Marcel Reese, cut CJ, cut Washington and let Britt walk, cut Craig Stevens, re-sign Verner to a contract similar to what McCourty got, sign a RB with potential and little mileage in FA, cut Wimbley and sign a good, veteran DE in FA like Justin Tuck, let Roos walk and sign Brandon Albert, cut David Stewart and let Otto battle a rookie for RT, and then draft TE Eric Ebron, DT Ra'Shede Hageman, or WR Jordan Matthews in the 1st, and then OT James Hurst, LB Christian Jones, CB/S Antone Exum, or DE Kony Ealy in the 2nd.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 12-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I don't understand why Munch is coaching for his job, or why so many want him out. We'll probably finish 7-9 without our starting QB for most of the season. That's a positive reflection.

Yeah, some changes need to be made. I'd like to make a run at Jay Cutler, sign FB Marcel Reese, cut CJ, cut Washington and let Britt walk, cut Craig Stevens, re-sign Verner to a contract similar to what McCourty got, sign a RB with potential and little mileage in FA, cut Wimbley and sign a good, veteran DE in FA like Justin Tuck, let Roos walk and sign Brandon Albert, cut David Stewart and let Otto battle a rookie for RT, and then draft TE Eric Ebron, DT Ra'Shede Hageman, or WR Jordan Matthews in the 1st, and then OT James Hurst, LB Christian Jones, or DE Kony Ealy in the 2nd.
We want Munch out because he is consistently getting outcoached. The only thing we are good at right now is being inconsistent. We have no identity as an offense or a defense.

We have a good core of players, and with a better coaching staff we could actually make the playoffs. But if others are happy finish between 6-10 and 9-7 every year, Munchak is a great coach.

I'd really like to see Jake Locker in a Kyle Shanahan/Gary Kubiak offense. I think it'd be the perfect fit for him.

As for your offseason, Jay Cutler is a good QB, but I'd be disappointed if we got in a bidding war with some of the other teams with more cap room. Justin Tuck isn't what he once was, I'd rather get a similar younger player in Michael Bennett. Roos is still playing at a high level, and I'd rather not invest a ton in the LT position via FA.

But I agree with your offseason for the most part.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Head Coach, I'd prefer to look at someone that's offensive-minded -- e.g. Kyle Shanahan, Jay Gruden, Darrell Bevell, etc. That's mostly because it looks like we'll definitely have a new RB in place and possibly a new QB; plus, we've got some young WRs and OL who will be starting next season.

If we were to go with a defensive-minded coach as the Head Coach, I'd be OK with someone like Mike Zimmer or Perry Fewell. Basically...as you can see, I'd like for us to go with a new HC rather than an old NFL coaching retread. Thus, I'm not as high on Lovie Smith as some others. If you look at his record with the Bears, there were quite a few 9-7, 8-8, type seasons in there. I wouldn't hate hiring Lovie, but he wouldn't be my first choice either.

My Coaching Choices:
Head Coach: Kyle Shanahan
Offensive Coordinator: ??? (Shanahan would be calling plays anyway.)
Defensive Coordinator: Gregg Williams

(And, for what it's worth, I think Matthews has to be shown the door right after Munchak. The OL has been mediocre-to-terrible during his entire tenure here, and his OLs were similarly bad during his tenure in Houston. Along with Matthews, the other coaches that should be let go include Dowell Loggains, Nate Kaczor, Jerry Gray, and Chet Parlavecchio.)
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
For Head Coach, I'd prefer to look at someone that's offensive-minded -- e.g. Kyle Shanahan, Jay Gruden, Darrell Bevell, etc. That's mostly because it looks like we'll definitely have a new RB in place and possibly a new QB; plus, we've got some young WRs and OL who will be starting next season.

If we were to go with a defensive-minded coach as the Head Coach, I'd be OK with someone like Mike Zimmer or Perry Fewell. Basically...as you can see, I'd like for us to go with a new HC rather than an old NFL coaching retread. Thus, I'm not as high on Lovie Smith as some others. If you look at his record with the Bears, there were quite a few 9-7, 8-8, type seasons in there. I wouldn't hate hiring Lovie, but he wouldn't be my first choice either.

My Coaching Choices:
Head Coach: Kyle Shanahan
Offensive Coordinator: ??? (Shanahan would be calling plays anyway.)
Defensive Coordinator: Gregg Williams

(And, for what it's worth, I think Matthews has to be shown the door right after Munchak. The OL has been mediocre-to-terrible during his entire tenure here, and his OLs were similarly bad during his tenure in Houston. Along with Matthews, the other coaches that should be let go include Dowell Loggains, Nate Kaczor, Jerry Gray, and Chet Parlavecchio.)
Good list. I don't think Shanahan would be calling plays though. Nor would I want him to. It's hard for a rookie HC to be in charge of all that goes along with coaching, and calling plays. It's why the interim HC is almost always the DC when circumstances come up.

I'd want Gary Kubiak. Shanahan worked for him in the past, and Kubiak worked for Mike for years. Perfect scheme fit, on the same page regarding players and everything.

They could pursue Cutler or try to develop Locker for a year and draft a rookie this season if there's one they like.

I would love a veteran like Kubiak as OC with a young innovative guy like Kyle Shanahan.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Pretty straightforward for me on wanting Munch gone...

Coaching Record
2011: 9-7
2012: 6-10
2013: 5-8 (so far)
Overall: 20-25 (so far)

vs. AFC South
2011: 3-3
2012: 1-5
2013: 0-4 (so far)
Overall: 4-12 (so far)

vs. Teams .500 or Better
2011: 3-5
2012: 1-8
2013: 0-6 (so far)
Overall: 4-19 (so far)

vs. NFL's Worst Team
2011: Lost to Indianapolis Colts (2-14)
2012: Lost to Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14)
2013: Lost to Houston Texans (2-11)

So...basically, Munch has a losing overall record. He's gotten manhandled by the other AFC South teams and dominated by the other playoff-caliber teams in the NFL during his tenure. To top it all off, he's lost to the worst team in the NFL in each of the past three seasons. Any of those records would be unacceptable; to have ALL of those records is truly, truly terrible. Add in the fact that his coaching expertise is supposed to be the OL, and that our OL has been one of our weaknesses during his three-year range -- at least at run-blocking -- and that doesn't bode well for Munch (and for good reason).
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Coaching Record

vs. AFC South

vs. Teams .500 or Better

vs. NFL's Worst Team

So...basically, Munch has a losing overall record. He's gotten manhandled by the other AFC South teams and dominated by the other playoff-caliber teams in the NFL during his tenure. To top it all off, he's lost to the worst team in the NFL in each of the past three seasons. Any of those records would be unacceptable; to have ALL of those records is truly, truly terrible. Add in the fact that his coaching expertise is supposed to be the OL, and that our OL has been one of our weaknesses during his three-year range -- at least at run-blocking -- and that doesn't bode well for Munch (and for good reason).
This. He stinks, and I don't like him.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Good list. I don't think Shanahan would be calling plays though. Nor would I want him to. It's hard for a rookie HC to be in charge of all that goes along with coaching, and calling plays. It's why the interim HC is almost always the DC when circumstances come up.

I'd want Gary Kubiak. Shanahan worked for him in the past, and Kubiak worked for Mike for years. Perfect scheme fit, on the same page regarding players and everything.

They could pursue Cutler or try to develop Locker for a year and draft a rookie this season if there's one they like.

I would love a veteran like Kubiak as OC with a young innovative guy like Kyle Shanahan.
I wouldn't mind Gary Kubiak as an OC. Obviously, he had crazy success as the OC in Denver for a long time, although I wouldn't want him anywhere near the HC position. (Aside from last season, the Texans were the picture of mediocrity and under-achieving for most of Kubiak's HC tenure.)
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Also...this site is sorta fun for playing around with the Titans (and other teams) cap numbers for next season...

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Titans
Old 12-10-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Gary Kubiak as an OC. Obviously, he had crazy success as the OC in Denver for a long time, although I wouldn't want him anywhere near the HC position. (Aside from last season, the Texans were the picture of mediocrity and under-achieving for most of Kubiak's HC tenure.)
Agreed. Kyle Shanahan would be the HC in that scenario with Gary Kubiak as the OC.

It'd be pretty nice because they've both had a lot of sucess getting the most out of their QBs dating back years. Kubiak gave Steve Young his best year ever in 94 as QB coach. Elway had some of his best years under Kubiak and Jake Plummer did his best as well. Even when the Texans QB go down, the backups seem to play well for their physical abilites. Kyle Shanahan did well in Houston and did well in Washington with the Qbs he worked with.

Jay Cutler ran that system great when Shanahan was still in Denver, and Jake Locker reminds me a lot of Cutler.

The running game is always successful. If the coaches think CJ can run in that system then they can keep him and he can probably replicate Clinton Portis in Denver. If they don't, we could pursue guys like Ben Tate in FA, or pursue Seastrunk or others in the draft.

Walker would be a nice fit for the system, and Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter would be nice weapons for them.

That system also protects weaknesses across the offensive line, we could cut David Stewart (no dead money) and sign a guy like Eric Winston, I've always called Winston overrated and a product of the zone scheme, but if that's what we're running then I'm fine with it.

The system is built to run the ball, use play action and move the QB into easy reads. This is perfect for Jake Locker.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also...this site is sorta fun for playing around with the Titans (and other teams) cap numbers for next season...

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Titans
I've been playing around with it as well. Best case scenario if we decide to cut CJ is to wait until after June 1st and split it between the two seasons.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Coaching Record

vs. AFC South

vs. Teams .500 or Better

vs. NFL's Worst Team

Yeah, I'm ok with all that. Well, except for the division record. He was without his starting QB for, what, half of those games?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I'm ok with all that. Well, except for the division record. He was without his starting QB for, what, half of those games?
Really? The fact that Munchak is 4-19 versus teams at .500 or better is also really, really terrible. Just to provide some context, the last win over a decent team was on October 11, 2012 -- when we beat the Steelers, who only finished 8-8 on the year. (That's right...the last time that we beat a team that won only as many games as it lost was over a year ago!)

We beat the Texans (10-6) in Week 17 of the 2011 season; however, they were resting many of their starters, as they had already clinched a playoff berth by that time. Before that, we beat another 8-8 team (the Broncos) earlier in the 2011 season. The last (and ONLY...let that sink in: the ONLY) time that Munchak has beaten a team that was playing at full-strength AND won more games than it lost was when we beat the Ravens, who finished at 12-4, on September 18, 2011.

Long story short: It's been over TWO YEARS since the Munchak-led Titans have beaten a team that finished better than 8-8. How is that even possible? You'd think that they could accidentally beat a good team at some point over the course of two years. Truly, truly terrible. Sheesh.