Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Just saw the highlights from the game.

d) I'm so glad the Titans proved me wrong and kept Jackie Battle.
Don't know about that. Battle didn't really impress me at all today -- except for that 4th-and-1 play, where he kept fighting until the OL were able to push him past the first-down marker. Other than that....meh. But then again, the whole run game was lacking today in general. Just a sloppy, sloppy offensive game. (I did think that Greene looked pretty solid in his couple carries before the injury. Hopefully, he's able to come back next week. The trio of CJ-Greene-Battle is a pretty difficult match-up for other teams, I'm sure.)

Good thing our DEF looked MUCH better than I expected them to. Hopefully, it wasn't a fluke because the Texans are much better at running the ball than the Steelers right now.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 09-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My MVPs for today...

1. OLB Zach Brown
2. DT Jurrell Casey
3. CB Jason McCourty

This game was a big surprise to me. Personally, given how our offense looked during the only "real" preseason game (against the Falcons), I thought we'd come out and look solid on offense and struggle some on defense. However, our DEF showed up strong from the very beginning of the game, when DRey put them in a tough spot, and they really maintained their intensity the entire game.

I was particularly impressed by (a.) the pass-pressure & (b.) the run DEF. Granted, the Steelers were running with Redman (who was TERRIBLE today) and the undersized LSH; so we weren't facing the best competition. Plus, for all his presence in the pocket, Roethlisberger has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long and makes himself vulnerable for the sack. Still...I'll take the good when I can get it, and the Titans DEF managed to capitalize on these weaknesses from the Steelers to set the tone early/often.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 4th down run, and the TD run really impressed me. But I'm easily impressed. I'll pretty much endorse someone for president if they can juggle.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anything they can do about the slow starts?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next week will be a huge test for the defense. Those guys on the Texans offense have been together for a long time and they know what they want to do and can execute it without beating themselves. If we are able to replicate this performance, it will be much more impressive then. I think holding them under 20 will be a win for the D.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Just saw the highlights from the game.

a) Zach Brown ate his Wheaties this morning.
b) Where was Akeem Ayers?
c) What the hell was Jake Locker thinking snapping the ball when Troy Polamalu was flying up to the line like that?
d) I'm so glad the Titans proved me wrong and kept Jackie Battle.
I forget the exact play before, but they were hurrying to the line in case Pittsburgh challenged the play. I forget what the play was.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was the play where Delanie fumbled. Granted it was in the heat of the moment, but there was absolutely no reason to worry about a challenge...it was a clear catch, 2-3 steps after tucking it away, clear fumble, and obviously it was a clear recovery by Delanie since he scooped it and ran some. Not sure what the fear of a challenge was, and I said that as everything was unfolding.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take a win however we can get it. The Steelers may be in some serious trouble this season.

A few assessments:

Greene and Battle are a nice change of pace for CJ. I hope in the future we try running CJ more inside, it seemed many tried to get him to the outside and that's so hard to do in a 3-4 D. Next week will likely be the same situation. Power up behind the Guard is the key to running against a 3-4 IMO.

Our D looked great at times, so-so at others. I hope we continue to grow and that it wasn't a product of a poor offense.

We've got playmakers at every level of the defense.

Delanie Walker looked good, I look forward to his continued development in this offense.

Jake showed good accuracy at times and good zip on passes. The O-Line got rattled and gave up a lot of pressure to the Steelers D, that's something that needs to get better.

Hopefully Reynaud has learned, what a horrible start to the season.

Great win Titans, now lets go get them dirty Texans!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
It was the play where Delanie fumbled. Granted it was in the heat of the moment, but there was absolutely no reason to worry about a challenge...it was a clear catch, 2-3 steps after tucking it away, clear fumble, and obviously it was a clear recovery by Delanie since he scooped it and ran some. Not sure what the fear of a challenge was, and I said that as everything was unfolding.
That's right, I don't know what the fear was either, but it seemed hurried.

I wish Jake could have gotten Polamalu on a hard count and had him fly over and look like a fool, I hate Polamalu
Old 09-08-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely have some areas that need improving, but its hard not to be pleased with the end result...a fairly easy win IN Pittsburgh.

I'm seeing a lot of Locker hate over on Titans Report, but I was fine with his performance in the end. He wasn't really asked to do a ton, but he didn't make any critical errors, was able to keep a few plays alive with his feet, and had a few nice 3rd down conversions. No highlight plays, but a couple of nice throws to keep drives alive and maintain our field position throughout the game. He didn't win the game for us, but he certainly didn't lose it either.

On defense, our studs played like studs and the rest were solid.

There was nothing flashy about the win, but they did what they needed to do. Next week will be a tough one. Can't say I'm expecting a win there, but the 3 following games at home are all winnable.

TITS!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Chris Johnson leads the NFL in rushing attempts after Week 1.

Shonn Greene was running really well early and I think would have had a good 50-60 yards had he stayed in.

It's hard to run on 34 teams, and it's even harder to run outside and that's what we tried to do mostly with CJ. There was a few times he got around the corner, but for the most part it got strung out and he just had to dive forward for a yard or 2.

Hopefully we can get some stuff worked out.

I think the Texans are beatable (especially if Foster isn't 100%) but it won't be easy. We still need to play well, and I don't think scoring 16 points will beat them.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game yesterday. Y'all took it to us. Always a great game when we play.

Anyways, the Steelers signed Velasco. PFF graded him positively, so why did you guys let him go? Thanks and good luck the rest of the way.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Velasco is ok, definitely better suited as a backup swing man, but he can start and not be terrible. He has limitations though. He's a slow footed plodder and he's not a mauler to make up for that. He's just kind of...there. Won't really hurt you, but won't really help you either. We dropped him because we had cheaper options on the roster as the backup G/C and wanted to upgrade our mobility and athleticism on the interior.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Good game yesterday. Y'all took it to us. Always a great game when we play.

Anyways, the Steelers signed Velasco. PFF graded him positively, so why did you guys let him go? Thanks and good luck the rest of the way.
Pit basically said it all. He's solid yet unspectacular. It came down to a decision of money, as well as mobility. Rob Turner, Brian Schwenke and Chris Spencer are far better athletes than Velasco is.

We'll pull all 3 interior guys occasionally, Velasco didn't fit that. We would have kept him if the others hadn't played so well, but they did and fit the system better.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quinn Johnson released with injury settlement.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friendly reminder we have a better record than the defending Super Bowl champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Disappointed the Chargers let the Texans come back. It would have been great for them to get a season opening loss.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Disappointed the Chargers let the Texans come back. It would have been great for them to get a season opening loss.
the Texans have Ravens, Seahawks and Niners coming up so let's hope they're looking ahead because this isn't a good matchup.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
the Texans have Ravens, Seahawks and Niners coming up so let's hope they're looking ahead because this isn't a good matchup.
Yeah...I don't necessarily like this matchup for the Titans either. If we're going to have a chance, we've got to put pressure on Schaub -- ideally with our DL but also with well-timed blitzes -- as he's shown that you can rattle him if you get to him early/often. If Schaub has time, he's going to pick us apart. You have to gameplan for Andre Johnson obviously; but I'm especially worried about Owen Daniels and the other TEs, if we don't get pressure on Schaub.

We've also got to be able to run the ball effectively (which is why I hope that Greene can play this week along with CJ & Battle, as I think we'll need all three RBs to contribute). We don't necessarily have to put up gaudy numbers in the running game. We just need to run well in certain situations to extend drives and be competitive in time of possession. For whatever reason, the Chargers completely abandoned the running game on Monday night, which allowed the Texans the chance to come back. (How the Chargers gave Ryan Mathews only 13 carries, despite being up the entire game, is beyond me?) Hopefully, we learn from the Chargers' mistakes.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think the keys to the game (in no order) will be:

As Mick said, we have to put pressure on Schaub. He's shown over the years he doesn't make the greatest decisions when he's under pressure.

We've got to play excellent coverage on the TEs. Last season we were horrible at covering the TEs. The Steelers didn't really have that threat, so this is our first chance to see if we've improved in that area.

Stop the run early. If we can stop the run early in the game, perhaps they'll go more to the pass and we can force Schaub into mistakes.

Run the ball on offense with Shonn Greene early. If we can stay in the game, wear down the defense and set up for a CJ 2nd half, I think we've got a shot.

Eliminate turnovers. Even if we aren't moving the ball well on offense, I think we've got a shot if our defense plays well and we eliminate turnovers. In past games, the Texans have been allowed to get ahead and stay ahead because of turnovers. We need to eliminate this.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown will be covering Daniels a lot. This is why he was drafted. Brown is faster, and just as big. Pollard will probably pick up his fair share of TE coverages too. And, perhaps we'll see George Wilson subbed in to help us out in that department as well.

This is Ayers's game: seal the edge and rush the passer. The Texans didn't run the ball too well against SD, and with Casey playing so well, and SLH and Pitoitua taking up space, they may try to run it outside a lot. Ayers needs to set the edge and force Foster back towards our big boys. And with Brown likely being in coverage a bunch, it'll be up to Ayers to provide the blitz rush.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hunter and Preston both active for the game today. Expecting to be passing alot from behind? lol
Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Shonn Greene out so I'd expect us to pass a good amount. Disappointing, I think Greene would have more success running behind the Guard as it's difficult to run off tackle with CJ against teams like the Texans
Old 09-15-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was rough.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker, britt and turner need to go that's all, and the defense is lookin good

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote