Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-15-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was a kick in the nuts.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there's good to come from it, it's that we can hang in the division. It's disappointing, especially being up 8 and letting them go down the field, get a TD and 2PT.

I think the D just got a little tired at the end. We missed an opportunity, but there's a lot of promise
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double post my bad

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can believe why the defense was tired after 6 three and outs at one point

Old 09-15-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still kind of wondering how Mike Martin got dragged into the endzone by Arian Foster on that two point conversion. That's weaksauce.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was mainly upset with our offensive play calling. Any time we got a lead we just went into ultra conservative mode and had nothing to show for it. The one time we opened things up for Locker we drove down and scored a TD. Now I'm not saying we should play an open air attack, but I'd at least like to see us mix it up more.

I thought Jake was fine, he just wasn't given the freedom to do anything and was continually put in 3rd and long situations.

All that being said, we actually look like a pretty damn solid team. Much improved from last year.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Other then some drives in the second half I thought locker looked pretty bad for six quarters, those back to back calls on turner and then the delay of game looked like vintage titans. Looking at the schedule I see the the titans going any where from 5-11 to 11-5, this win would have been huge

Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHY US LORD HRRRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRR! *morphs into pterodactyl*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be easier to take if it wasn't the Texans and if they didn't get away with nearly the same thing last week
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I was mainly upset with our offensive play calling. Any time we got a lead we just went into ultra conservative mode and had nothing to show for it. The one time we opened things up for Locker we drove down and scored a TD. Now I'm not saying we should play an open air attack, but I'd at least like to see us mix it up more.

I thought Jake was fine, he just wasn't given the freedom to do anything and was continually put in 3rd and long situations.

All that being said, we actually look like a pretty damn solid team. Much improved from last year.
They're going to have to open things up for Jake and see if he can handle it. He hasn't been throwing any picks so maybe he isn't pushing the envelope enough. He isn't going to make it in a league where passing is the name of the game by being a game manager.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We beat Pittsburgh though!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

San Diego next week. Poor offensive line and heavy passing team. Hope we can eat Rivers for lunch
Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Brown yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

I agree. I thought Locker looked OK in this game, given the circumstances -- not great but not bad either. The Texans have a pretty stout DEF, and they really brought it up-front today. Our OL botched a couple of key moments with missed assignments and/or penalties. (Those back-to-back penalties against Turner were particularly soul-crushing.) And Britt didn't help things with his inconsistency.

I really wish that (a.) we'd let Locker throw the ball around a little more in non-obvious passing situations & (b.) Shonn Greene was healthy, as I think his brand of running would've helped compliment CJ this week. (Again, this week showed that Greene is much, much better than Battle when healthy.)

Ultimately, while I wish that we would've won, I'm not ashamed of the final outcome. There were long stretches where the offense could do absolutely nothing right, and several moments where the refs made questionable calls in my mind. Yet our defense played tough and kept us in the game (along with some lucky breaks involving their shoddy kicking game). If we played even a little bit better, then we could've easily won -- which is certainly an improvement over last year's matchup against the Texans.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really, really wish that we'd call more passing plays that allow our WRs to get vertical. I feel like that's Kenny, Kendall, and definitely Justin's strength and Dowell never takes full advantage of it.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Also, tough luck getting Houston when Cushing and Watt's HGH cycle is kicking in.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watt rustles my jimmies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The good news is Cushings getting 9m a year, it's gonna be tough for the Texans to retain Watt after his rookie contract is up and he wants 12m.

So come 2015 or 2016 we're good to go!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Plus, they'll hopefully have HGH testing approved by the NFLPA by the end if the year.

JJ Watt and Brian Cushing use HGH.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never know what to expect with Cushing but Watt to me just looks country strong. I'd be shocked if he was on anything and it's probably a knock on his great talent to even suggest it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Turner is awful. Our coaches loves **** centers for some reason.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Never know what to expect with Cushing but Watt to me just looks country strong. I'd be shocked if he was on anything and it's probably a knock on his great talent to even suggest it.
Prior to last year, JJ Watt had 17 career sacks - including college. He then notched 20.5 as a 3-4 DE in the NFL. That is a massive jump, and is half a sack away from tripling his best season ever when he had 7 his junior year at Wisconsin.

We want to give the benefit of the doubt to talent. Most people think Adrian Peterson took HGH to recover from his ACL, and that allowed him to then go on to have a historic year. But no one wants to say anything because AD is a great player regardless, and we'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt rather than accuse him of boosting. JJ Watt was a 1st RD pick, fits Wade Phillips's 3-4 1-Gapper perfectly as a 5-Tech, and he gets his production the blue collar way. We want to believe this is just what he's capable of in that scheme. But you don't go from a guy who never put up more than 7 sacks ever to being the nearly unanimous DPOY overnight by upping your weight regimen and eating your cornbread. He's still a good player regardless, but it's very likely that he's had some help.

Now, I won't go around the NFL forum spouting this because I have more sense than that, but I do believe it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Yeah, pretty much exactly what TH said.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We'll see just how Jake Locker and the passing game is this week against the Chargers who are averaging giving up 375 passing yards in the air - worse in the NFL.

Suprisingly, they also rank 21st in the NFL in the run game giving up but have only given up a long of 17 yards to Foster/Tate and McCoy. It's going to be a hard fought day on the ground.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Kenny is unhappy. He tweeted that the Titans are pulling the "Jared Cook card" on him, and that it looks like this will be his last year with the team. If true, can't say that his unreliability will be missed, especially if he keeps playing the way he's been for the past year. He's the ultimate tease.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote