Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, personal goals are selfish now...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm not saying he's on APs level right now, I'm simply stating he's not a scrub like most like to imply.
i dont think hes a scrub, and i think he could be much much more productive than he has been in recent years with him not getting blown up in the middle like he has been. The addition of Levitre and Warmack is going to be HUGE for that offense. Having a dominant interior can allow you to do a lot of things on offense.

Ive always been a huge peterson fan, i just think hes run away with the AP vs CJ debate...Soon we'll be able to talk about AP vs LT as best of this era, and then AP vs some of the all time greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offseason is the time for individual training and personal goals. I'm sure that in week 17 he'll care a lot more about making the playoffs than padding his stats.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
The offseason is the time for individual training and personal goals. I'm sure that in week 17 he'll care a lot more about making the playoffs than padding his stats.
As he did this year, could have had the record but they had the game locked up and were playoff bound

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm still, very very upset he didn't break the single season rushing mark. I watched the entire game and wanted to be apart of history, then when he broke that long run at the end of the game I just saw that going for a TD to clinch the record, and the game to get into the playoffs. I don't think there would have been many storylines to top that, maybe ever. I have always liked him as a person and player, but I selfishly wanted to be apart of history.

Oh well, 2k rushing yards is going to be hard to come by with the way offenses are changing, it was enjoyable and remarkable to watch anyway.
Whoa, let's pump the breaks a little. A long TD run to clinch the record and playoffs for the Vikings, after coming off his injury, would have been the story of the season/year for sure, but ever? Come on now...

Maybe I just never see it, but is there anyone that actually roots against AD or doesn't like him? Other than in the game where he's facing your team? As a Bears fan, I love AD and admire the specimen of a human being he is (and I have doubts he's actually human). Would there be anyone that would root against him breaking Smith's record if the time came? Cowboy fans?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Whoa, let's pump the breaks a little. A long TD run to clinch the record and playoffs for the Vikings, after coming off his injury, would have been the story of the season/year for sure, but ever? Come on now...

Maybe I just never see it, but is there anyone that actually roots against AD or doesn't like him? Other than in the game where he's facing your team? As a Bears fan, I love AD and admire the specimen of a human being he is (and I have doubts he's actually human). Would there be anyone that would root against him breaking Smith's record if the time came? Cowboy fans?
As a Packer fan, I can confirm. I love watching AD, I just wish he'd stop rushing for 200 yards against my team. I felt the same way about Barry.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You make it seem like the single season rushing record is some small feat that happens every few years. Add to it that it wasn't some scrub team running up stats in the last game, it was a 'win to get in' game and he could have broken the record, scored a TD, and clinched the playoffs/won the game all in that single run. Come on now...

I also really don't care about Emmitt having the record, I like watching history happen so I can talk about where I was when it happened. I love seeing records getting broken, and especially like to see them happen live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, breaking the record is obviously an all time great feat. But I just would not have ranked that as one of the greatest football stories ever, let alone the greatest.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that if anyone is going to break this record, it will be Adrian Peterson. He is the only back in today's game that I see being in the type of situation that could allow him to do it.

More than that, I think if the record stands 5 more years, then it will be safe for the next generation, until football evolves back into a running game again, if that ever happens.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I think that if anyone is going to break this record, it will be Adrian Peterson. He is the only back in today's game that I see being in the type of situation that could allow him to do it.

More than that, I think if the record stands 5 more years, then it will be safe for the next generation, until football evolves back into a running game again, if that ever happens.
Or eventually becomes an 18-game regular season.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Peterson really coming close to Emmitt Smith's record. It would mean at age 32-33 AD was still a dominant RB which I don't see happening, and that he maintained his health throughout the remainder of his career.

Anyway RB is one of those positions where a player can be a totally selfish stat hog and still help their team win.
Emmitt Smith always knew how many yards and TDs he gained every game, however his desire to gain MORE yards and score more TDs was a net gain for the Cowboys.
It only hurts a team if a player complains he's not getting his numbers, which I guess could happen if the Vikes ever became a more vertical offense and transitioned away from the run.

AD is still going to be regarded as arguably the best RB of his generation neck and neck with LT, the career yardage mark isn't going to affect his legacy whatsoever.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson, if he can maintain this level of play for 3-4 years, has a shot.
1,750 yards for 4 years would add 7,000 yards to his career total.
Which would put him at, rounding up here, to 16,000 yards. He'll be 32 and needing 2,400 yards essentially to get it done.
Sharing carries at this point, say he plays 3 more years getting 800 yards a season. That would do it.
Yeah, easier said than done.
Honestly, I see him finishing around 15,000 yards and 130 TD's when his career is all said and done.
He is so amazing, just wish he didn't get injured at OU every year just about or who knows what his numbers there would've been like.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

A 1750 yard average over a four year span wouldn't be a small feat, even for AD. Another 2400 yards after that, starting at the age of 32? Whoa, getting that record record would be even more difficult than I realized.

If he can pull that off then I think he achieves GOAT status.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Peterson, if he can maintain this level of play for 3-4 years, has a shot.
1,750 yards for 4 years would add 7,000 yards to his career total.
Which would put him at, rounding up here, to 16,000 yards. He'll be 32 and needing 2,400 yards essentially to get it done.
Sharing carries at this point, say he plays 3 more years getting 800 yards a season. That would do it.
Yeah, easier said than done.
Honestly, I see him finishing around 15,000 yards and 130 TD's when his career is all said and done.
He is so amazing, just wish he didn't get injured at OU every year just about or who knows what his numbers there would've been like.

Hmm, broken down like that, doesn't seem all that difficult. But of course it's easy to say when he just had 2k rushing yards, it's easy to forget LT had more yards then AD at this time. But, I don't really doubt that he can rush for 1700 yards 4 more times, I think that part is capable. Beyond that is when I really start to see him slowing down.

But this isn't even a question if he gets hurt, projecting him to play 16 games for another 6 seasons as violent of a runner as he is makes it more unbelievable then projecting him to run for 1500 yards as a 32 year older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Right now we're all on an AD high, but so far he's had a 2000 yard season and a 1760 yard season, but he hasn't even broken 1400 in his other four seasons. 1750 yards is a hell of a season for anybody.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Right now we're all on an AD high, but so far he's had a 2000 yard season and a 1760 yard season, but he hasn't even broken 1400 in his other four seasons. 1750 yards is a hell of a season for anybody.
Really averaging 1,750 over 4 years is ridiculous.
I'd say he would have, at most, 6 years left at which he could be a successful starting RB. He would need to average 1600 yards a season almost to break the record when he turns 34, which isn't likely.
Emmitt Smith essentially got 4,392 yards when he was on the rapid decline. He had one season that was decent after he turned 30, but after that he was horrible. He essentially padded his stats going to Arizona where he was god awful. Adding 1,100 yards and 11 TD's to his record totals that were meaningless and to be honest, make him look bad.

I think if Peterson can maintain a 1500 yard average for 4 years, get to 15,000 yards when he's 32, he might be able to get those last 3,500 yards the same way Emmitt did.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like you said, Emmitt was basically done when he broke the record but stuck around and put the record where most don't have a chance unless we go to 18 game seasons. With the RBBC people aren't going to want to pay a 30+ year old running back. Do we think the Vikings will still be paying him 12+ million a season to a back thats 31-32, I don't know about that...

What's the most a RB has gotten after the age of 30? I got Sweetness at 5101, John Riggins at 5683 and Emmitt at 5789.

So if AP has an Emmitt likes 30s and a team will let him stick around that long, he'd need 3717 the next two seasons.

He may be able to do it, but he's gotta stay healthy and thats a big IF with him
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

is it really that big of an if? he has gotten banged up here and there but has been much more durable than many thought he would coming out of oklahoma

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
is it really that big of an if? he has gotten banged up here and there but has been much more durable than many thought he would coming out of oklahoma
Obviously anything could happen, but yeah I really don't understand why people still consider him so injury prone. He's missed 7 games in 6 years. That number is helped by the fact that the ACL tear was late in the season but overall he's been fairly durable throughout his career.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Or eventually becomes an 18-game regular season.
That's a good point, I hadn't really thought of it. Still, backs just don't get as many carries as they used to. When Dickerson set the record he had 379 carries. I think in 5-10 years the workhorse back will be a thing of the past. Teams will have 2 backs with 200 carries apiece. Most teams are already there.

Someone else that could threaten the record might be LeSean McCoy, or another back who could emerge in Philly. This would be contingent on the Eagles having success in Chip Kelly's offense, which is high tempo and heavy in the run game. In 13 games last year Oregon rushed 682 times for 4101 yards and 49 touchdowns.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I got bitten by LdT and how dominant he looked until he hit the wall. I don't really want to even begin the discussion of breaking Emmitt's marks until AD get's to roughly 15,000.

Does that seem like a fair assessment? Would anyone 4 years ago have predicted Tomlinson's decline so quickly?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
That's a good point, I hadn't really thought of it. Still, backs just don't get as many carries as they used to. When Dickerson set the record he had 379 carries. I think in 5-10 years the workhorse back will be a thing of the past. Teams will have 2 backs with 200 carries apiece. Most teams are already there.

Someone else that could threaten the record might be LeSean McCoy, or another back who could emerge in Philly. This would be contingent on the Eagles having success in Chip Kelly's offense, which is high tempo and heavy in the run game. In 13 games last year Oregon rushed 682 times for 4101 yards and 49 touchdowns.
Well, you are comparing college football totals to NFL, drastically different.
I see McCoy kind of being more Marshall Faulk in terms of totals, and thus never getting close to the record really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I think I got bitten by LdT and how dominant he looked until he hit the wall. I don't really want to even begin the discussion of breaking Emmitt's marks until AD get's to roughly 15,000.

Does that seem like a fair assessment? Would anyone 4 years ago have predicted Tomlinson's decline so quickly?
Tomlinson and Curtis Martin had a massive, rapid decline.
Martin more so, guy lead the league in rushing, had a huge year, next year was his last and was his worst season ever.

With Peterson, I don't think any team will give him a huge contract in his 30's. But are you telling me a team wouldn't want him to compliment another RB at that age given he can still play?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Well, you are comparing college football totals to NFL, drastically different.
I see McCoy kind of being more Marshall Faulk in terms of totals, and thus never getting close to the record really.

Tomlinson and Curtis Martin had a massive, rapid decline.
Martin more so, guy lead the league in rushing, had a huge year, next year was his last and was his worst season ever.

With Peterson, I don't think any team will give him a huge contract in his 30's. But are you telling me a team wouldn't want him to compliment another RB at that age given he can still play?
Yeah, I totally get that, and I wasn't suggesting that the Eagles would rack up 4100 yards rushing. However, if they find success with the high tempo offense and run 90 plays a game, 60% of them being rushes, then that is over 50 rushes per game. That is a lot of opportunity for someone if they get in the right groove.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barry Sanders' 8,480 yards from 94-98 are the most ever in a five-year span. AP needs 1,026 more than that to tie Emmitt in 2017
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Quote:
stlouisfan37
Yeah, I totally get that, and I wasn't suggesting that the Eagles would rack up 4100 yards rushing. However, if they find success with the high tempo offense and run 90 plays a game, 60% of them being rushes, then that is over 50 rushes per game. That is a lot of opportunity for someone if they get in the right groove.
The most I ever remember seeing in a season is 607, you're suggesting 800 which is completely unrealistic.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea he needs to really tear it up in his prime here. if he goes for close to 2000 a year for the next 3 seasons, then he very realistically could do it.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote