Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun340 View Post
i think this one will just like be the lance briggs situation
Yeah, but there is a better chance of it going down because we actually need a CB.

We're fine at LB at the moment.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Yeah, but there is a better chance of it going down because we actually need a CB.

We're fine at LB at the moment.
Nobody would ever make the trade you proposed.

I wouldn't even give up one of those firsts with Samuel for Springs and the 6th.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Asante + 24 & 28

for

Springs + 6 and late round pick

Think it could go down?
ahhhh hell no!!!no way do we trade Samuel and our twofrist for Springs and a first.

listen to me, Samuel isnt worth trading for a 1st rounder right now. New England cant afford right now to have another CB waiting to learn who cant step in right away. They need him now. With Asnate gone, who would they use at the other CB? New England is smart, and i think they will keep him and wont trade, they will lock him up long term soon, cuz he sure as hell is worth it. If you ask me, i think hes better than Clements, anddeserves that kinda money.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Asante + 24 & 28

for

Springs + 6 and late round pick

Think it could go down?
Maybe for just the 28, but not chance in hell is there going to be both firsts.

I'd like Asante to Detroit with #24 for #2 and #34. :)
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
There is a difference between Branch and Asante.

Asante is arguably a top 5 corner.

Branch is not a top 10 wideout.

Branch had Brady throwing to him, that makes many receivers look good.

Asante is the key to our secondary and Pioli will give him an extension.
That is why I said if we would ask for more than we asked for in Deion's case. All of those points you listed are reasons why I said Branch isn't going anywhere.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
About damn time. I was wondering what was wrong with Samuel and Dwight Freeney to not make a stink about the fact that they're getting hosed.
Dwight Freeney has done nothing of the sort, actually. If a deal doesn't get done by July 15th, then he'll play out his one-year deal without a fuss.

I'd mainly attribute that to Freeney, and Edge before him who was also franchise-tagged, having been 1st rounders and paid more money in a year than Briggs and Samuel have made combined in their young careers. Still, I think it's foolish of them to turn away from their considerable 2007 figures.

Good for the Chicago Bears' front office for turning down the Washington trade, proving a point that they do the business in their franchise, not their disgruntled players.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Dwight Freeney has done nothing of the sort, actually. If a deal doesn't get done by July 15th, then he'll play out his one-year deal without a fuss.

I'd mainly attribute that to Freeney, and Edge before him who was also franchise-tagged, having been 1st rounders and paid more money in a year than Briggs and Samuel have made combined in their young careers. Still, I think it's foolish of them to turn away from their considerable 2007 figures.

Good for the Chicago Bears' front office for turning down the Washington trade, proving a point that they do the business in their franchise, not their disgruntled players.
Yes I know that, but on behalf of the "somebody other than Briggs" campaign, as I can actually sympathize with Briggs' complaints (as much as anyone can sympathize with someone making 7.2 million).

Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade proposition

Cards
5th overall pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel
Pick 28

Cards grab Staley with 28

Last edited by fenikz : 04-04-2007 at 09:09 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Trade proposition

Cards
5th overall pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel
Pick 28
nope, still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt trade Samuel for a draft pick. They can still get a solid CB where they are right now. They dont have a burning need for anything else right now. Whats the point in trading your best CB, also one of the best i nthe league for another draft pick. Keep him and lock him up. Mark it down. THE PATRIOTS WILL NOT TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd do that if the Cards threw in their second, or at worst, their third...

Willis and Ross or Griffen? Thank you very much, Ellis Hobbs, enjoy your time as a #1 CB...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
nope, still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt trade Samuel for a draft pick. They can still get a solid CB where they are right now. They dont have a burning need for anything else right now. Whats the point in trading your best CB, also one of the best i nthe league for another draft pick. Keep him and lock him up. Mark it down. THE PATRIOTS WILL NOT TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL!
its not a question wether u would or not. its Beoli and im furious with them right now.

give a 2nd and then pay 3.something mill per year for a slot WR and ecent KR man but u wont pay Samuel who supposivly wants "Dre Bly money" which is a very good asking price.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
briz5x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Trade proposition

Cards
5th overall pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel
Pick 28

Cards grab Staley with 28
Add in the Cards 3rd round pick and you got a deal.

Cards #5 pick = 1700

Pats #28 pick = 660
Asante (best corner in draft, worth around the #10 pick) = 1300

1960 > 1700
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id thrown in the 3rd and be tom brady's manicurist in a second if that trade could get done
Old 04-04-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
briz5x

hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
its not a question wether u would or not. its Beoli and im furious with them right now.

give a 2nd and then pay 3.something mill per year for a slot WR and ecent KR man but u wont pay Samuel who supposivly wants "Dre Bly money" which is a very good asking price.
I agree with you. Dre Bly money seems reasonable. But then again, we don't know the whole story, so I guess that's that.

And I am pretty sure due to the trade, Welker is only getting 1.5 per...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz5x View Post
hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?
1. Briggs is a whining ***** ..worse than Samuel by a mile in terms of crying

2. Pats need an ILB that is willing to play a 3-4. Remember when Briggs said he has no interest in playing for 3-4 because it doesnt suit him? Forget him
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Personally, I'd pass. The Bears would make out by a lot. We need to get younger at LB more than anything...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I'd rather just resign Tillman for cheaper. Cornerback isn't a very important position in our defense anyway.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Personally, I'd pass. The Bears would make out by a lot. We need to get younger at LB more than anything...
I don't know about a lot. The positional value is a big skewed, but I think Briggs is a higher ranked OLB than Samuel is a CB.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't know about a lot. The positional value is a big skewed, but I think Briggs is a higher ranked OLB than Samuel is a CB.
A good CB is harder to find than a good OLB though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
A good CB is harder to find than a good OLB though
I said that right in my post.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Asante (best corner in draft, worth around the #10 pick)
Enough of this crap. Just because he's better than the players doesn't mean he's worth more than them. Any semi-intelligent fan knows that. Draft picks are over valued.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part of the reason draft picks are over valued is that potential is involved. Everyone is saying that Samuel is better than any corner in the draft, but do we really know that? It's highly likely, but you never know how good a player will become when he has never played a single down in the NFL.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him, he just saw a cornerback worse thren him become the highest paid defensive player in the league. He should use what power he has to his advantage and force the Patriots hand

Quote:
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not all that opposed to trading him, if we can get a deal. The Cardinals deal sounds good, since we could draft Landry or Johnson if he falls(...he won't...I know. Let me dream lol) and then get Zak DeOssie in the 3rd. Still, I would prefer to see him stay. But theres no chance in hell we're going to give him the money he wants.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote