Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where Do You See D'Anthony Thomas Getting Drafted?

Tavon Austin paved the way for Thomas getting drafted high, teams will love his potential.

I currently have him going to the Cowboys in the top 20.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How and why the Cowboys? And the only way he gets picked in the first round is if he can become a better WR. Austin showed that he can play WR, KR, PR and come out of the backfield as a RB.

Cause no way does Thomas get drafted top 20 just on being a RB. But I really like Thomas as a player. And would love to see him go to a team like the Saints.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as how and why the Cowboys - he'd be for them what Felix Jones never turned out to be. (Although he really wasn't as bad as some people think - he just played more like the 3rd round pick he should've been.) They'd still be hoping for DeMarco Murray to stay healthy, but having DeAnthony Thomas to take 5-10 carries a game and catch another 5 passes along with returning kicks would be solid production and give them another game-breaking weapon to compliment Dez Bryant.

I think if Thomas has a strong season he's a pretty good bet to go mid-first or so. No one is going to look at him as a workhorse running back or go-to wide receiver, but he's a big-play threat that can line up in several places and contribute in three phases - running, catching and returning - and when you put it all together you'd realistically be talking about giving him 20 touches a game in different situations, which I think is enough usage to taking a player that high.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas will be a first round pick of the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do I see D'Anthony Thomas getting drafted?

Higher than he should.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will depend on his hands and how many passes are thrown to him. If he can demonstrate superb hands and Oregon shows a lot of confidence in throwing him the ball, then he has a real shot at a high 1st round pick, that's if he runs in the 4.3's and shows a real ability to play WR at the combine.
Should he fail to impress, then he'll drop substantially.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Where do I see D'Anthony Thomas getting drafted?

Higher than he should.
Did you like Tavon Austin? Did you think Percy Harvin was a good pick at 22 overall? I think those are the players he mostly compares to, although I don't think he's as physical as either of them. I think it's pretty easy to argue that Percy was a good value at 22 and should've gone in the top 10 as Tavon did. Tavon can thank Percy. Right now, though, I put Thomas a step behind those two, as a prospect, but not out of the first. The 22 spot seems about right. At this point I see him going in the latter third of the first to a balanced team looking to add an explosive element.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is you're comparing him to WRs that had a little something extra. He's a RB that appears to have decent receiving skills.

He's more like a taller Darren Sproles, the NFL has seen how valuable Sproles is, so I could see him going in the 1st or 2nd, but I'm not sold on him in the NFL. He's kind of like a less built but faster version of Kendall Hunter, although Hunter was not as prolific of a receiver
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The problem is you're comparing him to WRs that had a little something extra. He's a RB that appears to have decent receiving skills.

He's more like a taller Darren Sproles, the NFL has seen how valuable Sproles is, so I could see him going in the 1st or 2nd, but I'm not sold on him in the NFL. He's kind of like a less built but faster version of Kendall Hunter, although Hunter was not as prolific of a receiver
I think people kinda forget that Percy Harvin was as much a running back as he was a receiver at Florida. He had 194 carries to 133 catches in 3 years (59% runs), and after 2 years DeAnthony Thomas has 147 carries and 91 receptions (62% runs). That's pretty similar.

Might as well add he's the closest thing I've seen to Devin Hester since the man himself.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 08-02-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems positionless for the NFL in my eyes right now. Not an NFL RB and not really a WR either. He is a RB who can catch but is built more like a WR. He is slight and I'd say he is closer to 170 than 180. It works in the college game in a offense that lets him consistently play in space where he is effective, but I have strong doubts about him contributing in the run game.

Harvin and Austin are his closest comparisons but I don't think they compare really. Harvin is just a bigger heavier player (192 at the combine) and even then he shouldn't be getting any NFL carries with any regularity so I don't expect Thomas should either. Austin is similar size wise but is much more skilled as a WR. Kendall Hunter is 200 lbs and has proven to be a effective inside runner in the NFL.

This season should really help show us more. I'd be interested to see how he measures up at a combine. I think late 1st is fair for a player of his explosion, but I don't know how he really fits a team. He could be a guy that guy who excels at different spots on an offense or he could never really fit in like Hester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not physically, but in the position he plays he will be like mccluster i think
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on guys...I guess we think Jerry is completely senile then eh? That would be the only explanation for a team with Demarco Murray, Joseph Randle, Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, & Terrance Williams. Oh with one of the worst interior offensive lines in the league. So somehow that means we take someone else to catch passes and run the ball? Sounds like a winning recipe.

He's probably going to a team lacking offensive weapons and firepower, like Oakland or NY Jets. Though color me confused that he is worth a top 20 pick but you can get a Denard Robinson in the 5th round or Russel Shepard undrafted. Jerry just took a Center in the 1st round this year, I really don't think he's lost it as much as some think, he knows where the trouble area is and where our strength is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Come on guys...I guess we think Jerry is completely senile then eh? That would be the only explanation for a team with Demarco Murray, Joseph Randle, Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, & Terrance Williams. Oh with one of the worst interior offensive lines in the league. So somehow that means we take someone else to catch passes and run the ball? Sounds like a winning recipe.
Can't find a team to plug a prospect? Simply drop him on Dallas use the "Jerruh being Jerruh" line. Lock it up. Championship.

How about with his old coach? I'm sure Chip Kelly would be able to find him snaps as a slot WR/RB/returner.

He's hard to read as a prospect as well. Is he a top 20 pick and a gamechanger or is he an undersized RB who can't block or run between the tackles? i.e. a mid-rounder. One thing is for sure though he's fun to watch :)

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-02-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Thomas will be a first round pick of the Panthers.
i hope not if Moncrief, Lee, Watkins, or Evans are on the board.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I think people kinda forget that Percy Harvin was as much a running back as he was a receiver at Florida. He had 194 carries to 133 catches in 3 years (59% runs), and after 2 years DeAnthony Thomas has 147 carries and 91 receptions (62% runs). That's pretty similar.

Might as well add he's the closest thing I've seen to Devin Hester since the man himself.
While those stats may be similar, they aren't all-telling. I'd like to see statistics on where they lined up more in college, not how many times they touch the ball. Both get many runs on what we used to call a fly sweep, where a WR comes in motion, getting a handoff in the process. These are recorded as runs, but they aren't true from a RB position.

From a receiving standpoint, from the film I saw and if I remember Percy from college (it's been a while and I don't feel like watching a video on him) he lined up outside and in the slot WAY more than De'Anthony, all these things help translate more to the NFL IMO than what De'Anthony does.

It's nothing against De'Antony, and I think in the right system he'd be a great addition in the late first round but he has to be used in the right role.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas to Atlanta, nfl cringe.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No no no. He's coming to DC.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you like Tavon Austin? Did you think Percy Harvin was a good pick at 22 overall? I think those are the players he mostly compares to, although I don't think he's as physical as either of them. I think it's pretty easy to argue that Percy was a good value at 22 and should've gone in the top 10 as Tavon did. Tavon can thank Percy. Right now, though, I put Thomas a step behind those two, as a prospect, but not out of the first. The 22 spot seems about right. At this point I see him going in the latter third of the first to a balanced team looking to add an explosive element.
spiller is the better comparison if you ask me.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
No no no. He's coming to DC.
The Skins won't have high enough of a pick to get him. But thank you...we in St. Louis plan on using your first rounder on him:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
yupyup
Rookie

yupyup hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Probably in the first 2 rounds but I don't know what he'll do. He's not much of a WR and has a horrible build for a RB.
yupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people compare this guy go to a 200+ pound back when he's going to struggle to show up at 180?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this is a very good analysis. As I said earlier in this thread, though, I think Tavon Austin's success or failure will affect where he goes. Teams seem very quick to learn from the recent past. I think the struggles of Locker/Gabbert/Ponder contributed to how far QB's fell in this year's draft.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote