Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
They were.
Great draft pick in 1998 with Randy Moss. They didn't need help at WR, but he was clearly the best player so they took him.

Moss should have been a top-5 pick for sure.
I hate that draft. Hated it that day, and ever since......

Harrison & Wayne were a pretty good combo, add in TE Dallas Clark.
Call me biased if you wish, but I really thought a lot of Bruce/Holt/ Hakim
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pumped for tonights game, by the time preseason is nearly over i hate it but its exciting to see them come out and play some snaps....please no injuries like sean spence or david decastro last year
Old 08-10-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
The picutre Ness posted was from the 90's sometime.
Yeah I did that on purpose. They should have never changed it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Dyson >>>> Randy Moss

mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Kevin Dyson >>>> Randy Moss

Hey, he may have gotten closer than Randy at winning a Super Bowl though.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Moore blocks a punt!

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaRod Stephens-Howling just keeps running better than anyone thinks he's supposed to.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post

Oh how I love that play
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else here really like Bruce Gradkowski? If I'm a Steelers fan I feel a lot better about the QB2 situation this year.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I'd be more excited to see Landry Jones for the Steelers.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Victor Cruz smokes the entire Steelers secondary for like a 50 yard touchdown pass from Eli. Dang.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd be more excited to see Landry Jones for the Steelers.
I'm not talking about being excited to see someone play in preseason, I'm talking about how I'd feel about having to start a guy. I'd be pretty nervous if I had to start Landry as my QB.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm not talking about being excited to see someone play in preseason, I'm talking about how I'd feel about having to start a guy. I'd be pretty nervous if I had to start Landry as my QB.
Personally if Gradkowski was my quarterback I'd be pretty nervous myself. He's okay though. If we're comparing the two, well, I'd just say that Bruce has more experience and looked okay at time during his tenure with Oakland. Actually I wish we had him on the 49ers as our backup. His arm is kind of limited though.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randle was making plays to, a sweet run after the catch and almost reeled in a bomb from eli earlier. When Nicks gets back this passing game is gunna be so sexy. Especially if David Wilson keeps growing as a blocker so he can stay in on passing downs and give us a big play weapon out of the backfield as well.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even in the preseason Coughlin has to win a challenge.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Bruce hanging in to make two nice throws that hit his guys in the hands but were dropped.

Way better than David Carr.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Dang. Might have been the worst fumble I've ever seen.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caughlin looks hilarious when he's mad. He's got that old man anger.

His face looks like it's saying, "Kids these days. Can't hang onto the football."
Old 08-10-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Anyone see Matt Flynn the other day? He looks incredible scrawny. More than I remembered.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Anyone see Matt Flynn the other day? He looks incredible scrawny. More than I remembered.
Yeah, he just looks like some dude off the street.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Gradkowski likes Wheaton.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The worst part of that play is that he didn't cut it inside enough, if he had ran the route properly, it would have been a TD.

In his defense, Dyson did show a lot of promise, but as with most Titans WRs injuries got the best of him.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Gradkowski likes Wheaton.
Ben will like Wheaton as well. Love the kid. So polished already.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The worst part of that play is that he didn't cut it inside enough, if he had ran the route properly, it would have been a TD.

In his defense, Dyson did show a lot of promise, but as with most Titans WRs injuries got the best of him.
I actually liked Dyson early. The Titans really weren't a passing team at that point anyways. And by the time McNair and the offense matured via the air, Kyson was essentially out of the NFL and/or hurt.

But hey, there is always this play:

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually, there were a couple balls at the end of the Pats-Giants I that Moss almost caught and would have scored on for the win.