Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst team in the league (2013)?
Oakland 15 46.88%
Jacksonville 9 28.13%
Buffalo 0 0%
NY Jets 5 15.63%
Cleveland 1 3.13%
Tennessee 1 3.13%
Arizona 0 0%
Philadelphia 0 0%
Kansas City 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 9th Annual (mostly) Preseason Power Rankings

Well this is something that I started way back in 2005. I may have skipped a few years in the middle due to the craziness of life, but that's the way it goes. Has it really been 9 years?

Alright, here we are with a few weeks left before the season starts and we are set to start the NFLDC Power Rankings for a 9th time. As always, we will go from the bottom to top--#32 to #1.

These power rankings are set by you, the fan on SW(NFL)DC. You vote for the team you believe is worst in the pool and the team with the most votes will "win" the spot and we will move on. In some cases, when there is a clear difference between the #2 and the rest of the field, the team that comes in 2nd place in the poll will also be awarded the next spot. I will try to invoke this rule only when there is a very clear 2nd choice.

Finally, a couple things to mention before you click "Submit" on your poll choice:

1. We can't have every team up as a poll choice and not everyone is going to agree on which team goes where, so just vote for the available team that you think is the worst.

2. It's difficult, I know, but don't let your personal biases cloud your judgment. I know you Cowboy fans hate your rivals, but in all honesty, Philadelphia, Washington and New York do not make up the bottom three teams in the league.

3. Be sure to use the comments to give suggestions for the following polls.

So let's roll!!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

32. Green Bay Packers (1)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

32. Jacksonville. I don't see them going anywhere until they get their QB situation figured out. Without that, they have no direction. Also, they play the NFC West this season. I'm not sure that I see more than a couple of winnable games on their schedule this year.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raider fan here voting for Oakland. I am firmly on the tank for clowney bandwagon.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, this comes down to Oakland and Jacksonville. So let's look at them position-by-position.

Quarterback- Blaine Gabbert vs. Matt Flynn. What a battle. I give Gabbert the slight advantage based entirely on experience.

Running Backs- McFadden is always injured and Jones-Drew is quickly slowing down. This is really a toss-up, but I'll go Jaguars again because McFadden is a lock to get injured for 5 or 6 games.

Receivers- Blackmon is suspended, but only for four games. When he comes back, he and Cecil Shorts will be a very good combo. Add in Ace Sanders, Marcedes Lewis, and Denard Robinson (although he might play more RB) and Jacksonville has the advantage.

O-Line- I won't lie and say I'm an expert on offensive line play. But Raiders QBs were sacked 24 fewer times last year while attempting 43 more passes so advantage Raiders.

D-Line- Both pass rushes were terrible last year. 25 sacks for the Raiders, 20 for the Jaguars. But based solely on Gus Bradley coming into Jacksonville, I think the defensive play will be much better.

Linebackers- Nothing really of note for either teams. Posluzsny is probably the best of the linebackers between the two teams, but outside of that, the Jags have nothing. Slight advantage Oakland.

Secondary- I think Oakland's secondary is going to get burned this year. Mike Jenkins sucks, DJ Hayden was a reach, and they have two strong safeties basically. The Jaguars secondary has potential to be very good this year.

Special Teams- Janokowski is one of the better kickers in the league, but Scobee is no slouch either. I would definitely take Anger over Kluwe. Jacksonville's returners are an unknown as it will likely be a mix of Robinson and Sanders. But that isn't a bad combo. Advantage Jacksonville.

In the end, I think Jacksonville is a much better team. I'm not saying Jacksonville is good. I'm saying Oakland is that bad. The first pick in the 2014 NFL draft will be decided week two when Jacksonville visits Oakland. Whoever loses that game gets the first pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I have read Flynn has been picking things up nicely there in Oakland. I'm not saying he is a franchise QB, but he should be at least decent and I don't see him making a lot of horrible mistakes. He strikes me as becoming the prototypical game manager. Gabbert is just horrible in a very David Carr-like way.

Also, while the Seahawks have had some strong defenses under Gus Bradley, I don't have a lot of confidence in him as a head coach. This stems mainly from an article I read where he admitted that he had trouble transitioning to the pro game because he didn't like cutting players. I worry that he will be too much of a players' coach, especially on a team with a lack of identity and little established leadership. Whereas, with Oakland it may appear as though they have the some of the same problems, I think the big difference is in Reggie McKenzie. I believe that he has a vision, has done a great job of cleaning house and, despite the huge amount of dead-cap space, they can see the light at the end of the tunnel and players will be playing hard for the opportunity to stay on past this season, when things will be much better with the cap and the talent level will rise significantly.

I'm not a fan of either team, and this is just my opinion from the outside looking in.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders have Greg Olsen at offensive coordinator.

Word of advice: Stay away from every single member of the Raiders' offense in Fantasy Football. They are going to be putrid.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
From what I have read Flynn has been picking things up nicely there in Oakland. I'm not saying he is a franchise QB, but he should be at least decent and I don't see him making a lot of horrible mistakes. He strikes me as becoming the prototypical game manager. Gabbert is just horrible in a very David Carr-like way.

Also, while the Seahawks have had some strong defenses under Gus Bradley, I don't have a lot of confidence in him as a head coach. This stems mainly from an article I read where he admitted that he had trouble transitioning to the pro game because he didn't like cutting players. I worry that he will be too much of a players' coach, especially on a team with a lack of identity and little established leadership. Whereas, with Oakland it may appear as though they have the some of the same problems, I think the big difference is in Reggie McKenzie. I believe that he has a vision, has done a great job of cleaning house and, despite the huge amount of dead-cap space, they can see the light at the end of the tunnel and players will be playing hard for the opportunity to stay on past this season, when things will be much better with the cap and the talent level will rise significantly.

I'm not a fan of either team, and this is just my opinion from the outside looking in.
The scariest thing about the Raiders right now is that Flynn has not been able to separate himself from Pryor or Tyler Wilson.

That right there tells you all you need to know about their QB situation.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The scariest thing about the Raiders right now is that Flynn has not been able to separate himself from Pryor or Tyler Wilson.

That right there tells you all you need to know about their QB situation.
Interesting. This article from a few days ago made things sound very promising for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/flynn-s...7718--nfl.html

And FWIW, when comparing the Raiders and Jags, it really looks like it is going to be who is the worst really bad team. I don't see either one with much of a chance this season. But the long-term outlook for Oakland is way more positive, IMO.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't know how anyone can't say the Jets are the worst team in the NFL by far. There is just nothing good about that team. Horrible offensive weapons with Sanchez likely starting or Geno Smith....who still would have no weapons.

Defense is meh.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I just don't know how anyone can't say the Jets are the worst team in the NFL by far. There is just nothing good about that team. Horrible offensive weapons with Sanchez likely starting or Geno Smith....who still would have no weapons.

Defense is meh.
Because Rex Ryan's defense system will win a couple of games all by itself.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Because Rex Ryan's defense system will win a couple of games all by itself.
Is that a given? Didn't happen last year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

Defense is meh.
call me crazy, but I dont think its out of the question that the Jets win their division. Im still probly gonna pick them to finish last in the east, but I just dont think theyre that bad. they have some really good pieces on defense with Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Antonio Cromartie (who played great last year after Revis got hurt), two first round rookies in Millner and Richardson, plus the best defensive mind in football on the sidelines...Yeah, the offense will probably suck, but its not like they have nothing. Mangold is still one of the leagues best centers, dbrick is a good LT, they have some weapons in Kerley, Holmes, Stephen Hill...Geno Smith could be a decent rookie...dont get me wrong I could see this team being awful. but they do play in a pretty easy division. And I expect them to win at least six games. Def wouldnt call them the worst in the league.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Haven't had much movement. I'm going to give this one just a little bit more before opening the next thread. Haven't received a whole lot of votes, but it seems pretty clear right now Raiders are "favorites" for #1 pick.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Haven't had much movement. I'm going to give this one just a little bit more before opening the next thread. Haven't received a whole lot of votes, but it seems pretty clear right now Raiders are "favorites" for #1 pick.
if u wanna go from 32-1 before the season starts, youll probly have to settle for relatively low vote counts, there just isnt enough activity in this board.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
if u wanna go from 32-1 before the season starts, youll probly have to settle for relatively low vote counts, there just isnt enough activity in this board.
Yeah. The NFL board has lost a lot of posters.

For example the 2007 version of this poll garnered 94 votes in just over 24 hours.

Oldie but a goodie.