Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Children / Parenting Advice / Offical WNBA / Flamingos Thread

Discuss things
but

First rule of children/parenting advice/Offical WNBA/Flamingos club, don't talk about children/parenting advice/Offical WNBA/Flamingos

Last edited by brat316 : 08-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the passing, are 34 defense going to give up on 2 gaping, 5 techs? Look at Dick on the Steelers, he now wants his ends to get after the Qb, and why not, its turned into 3 downs of passing.

They may not fully give up, but will be using more of the 1 gap, rather than eat up blockers.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what even is this?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the children/parenting advice/Offical WNBA/Flamingos thread
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow anyone not watching the WNBA this year is missing out! That one chick is on fire from deep, hasn't missed all year! I'm telling you guys, every game is like game 6 Spurs-Heat, but better!
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

First rule of children/parenting advice/Offical WNBA/Flamingos club, don't talk about children/parenting advice/Offical WNBA/Flamingos
Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a minute of a WNBA game this year. I still hate myself for it.

But I hope this thread takes off. I love football and have watched it for years. But since I never played, I don't know all the ins-and-outs of formations, tactics, and terms. This could be a great learning opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

But I hope this thread takes off. I love football and have watched it for years. But since I never played, I don't know all the ins-and-outs of formations, tactics, and terms. This could be a great learning opportunity.
If you're serious, ask anything. Not saying I am all knowing, but I played 18 straight years and played in basically every offense and defense, except the A-11 (google it, its crazy)
Old 08-06-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

seconded. how about someone expound on how the 4-3 and 3-4 are basically archaic terms like bbd mentioned in the rdt.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to game 2 of the WNBA Finals last year and it was one of the most fun sporting events I've ever been to. The combination of irony/people watching/alcohol/atmosphere was so wild. I'm going to more WNBA playoff games and I recommend you all to do the same.

But we should make this the off topic pro football section. Like a secret lair of people actually talking football.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I went to game 2 of the WNBA Finals last year and it was one of the most fun sporting events I've ever been to. The combination of irony/people watching/alcohol/atmosphere was so wild. I'm going to more WNBA playoff games and I recommend you all to do the same.

But we should make this the off topic pro football section. Like a secret lair of people actually talking football.
That's what it is. Try to keep up prock.

Maya Moore is a baller tho.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That's what it is. Try to keep up prock.

Maya Moore is a baller tho.
Yeah, I kind of posted before reading. Dumbdumbdumb. Maya Moore is my future wife tho.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's bad that i discuss association football 10x more than i do handegg on here.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Smart Football is one of the better blogs I've found, if you're into that type thing. You can read it with your kids in between WNBA games.

Last edited by WCH : 08-07-2013 at 06:11 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have found WNBA has a surprising amount of hot girls per team,one of which is named Pickle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I have found WNBA has a surprising amount of hot girls per team,one of which is named Pickle.
jackie pickel. yes.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
jackie pickel. yes.
Candace parker.

okay back to what we came here to talk about.

I starting to notice the 5 linemen look on defense, or the over look. Hardly can tell the difference between the 34/43. The olb are playing close enough to be ends, the over defender might be out wide in the 9 tech, standing or 3 point.

Honestly whats the difference now?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elena Delle Donne is going to bring back that CHIP to CHICAGO!!!!!!!! GO SKY! I have a friend who is interning for the Sky, I'm asking her for that hook-up and going to try and hit on a woman that is 5 inches taller than me. We'll see if it works.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WNBA's Samantha Prahalis is like a third cousin of mine or something

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts will be in year two of their supposed multiple/hybrid defense this year. I don't know what to expect because A) we will have 6 or so new starters, and B) Pagano will be here all season unlike last year. Reports from camp have stated the team is more 3-4 and less hybrid this year, especially on run downs, but I don't know that I buy it.

So, question one. It appears that in 3 down linemen looks, we have a NT, DE, and DT. I am of course more used to the DE/NT/DE idea, with the DEs playing 5 technique. Can I assume having a DE/NT/DT means primarily 5tech/0tech/3tech? Does this stay constant or will the DE and DT switch sides? Do the Ravens still run this style of D?

I have lots of questions but I will try to contain myself.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did you guys know that captive flamingos are not as pink as their wild counterparts?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

34 and 43 are slowly blurring together so team can just get their best players on the field. A lot of the time it seems like the difference is just if one guy has his hand down or is standing up. With all the 3 WR passing sets now its hard to run a old 2 gap 34. Nickle is almost a base defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

If you are running nickle, who are you pulling of the field?

I would have to assume your DT or one of the ILB, depending on how good of a pass rush or coverage ability.

positions are starting to blur as well, DE/RushEnd/OLB/Over rusher, guy who can get to QB.

Cb-S-S-Cb-Cb

OLB-DE-NT-DT/UT-DE-OLB

sure you have a gaping whole, but that is where you can throw in the zone blitz look.

Cb-S-S-Cb-Cb
OLB - ILB
DE-DT-DE------OLB/DE/Wide9

Cb-S-S-Cb-Cb
ILB- ILB
OLB-DE--DE--------OLB

now thinking about it, defense have grown equally crazy with the offensive evolution. Its by any means necessary, get your best guys on the field and put them in a position to make a play.

Last edited by brat316 : 08-07-2013 at 04:44 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The Colts will be in year two of their supposed multiple/hybrid defense this year. I don't know what to expect because A) we will have 6 or so new starters, and B) Pagano will be here all season unlike last year. Reports from camp have stated the team is more 3-4 and less hybrid this year, especially on run downs, but I don't know that I buy it.

So, question one. It appears that in 3 down linemen looks, we have a NT, DE, and DT. I am of course more used to the DE/NT/DE idea, with the DEs playing 5 technique. Can I assume having a DE/NT/DT means primarily 5tech/0tech/3tech? Does this stay constant or will the DE and DT switch sides? Do the Ravens still run this style of D?

No idea specifically on the way Pagano does it, but a lot of it depends on the formation you're going against. I would think, in that type of look, you'd probably have the weakside end/backer in a 6+, the DT in a 3, the NT shaded strongside on the center, the strongside end in a 4/5 and then the strongside backer in a 9, then have the inside backers in the backside A gap and strongside b gap. Though you can do a lot of different alignments depending where you put the backers.

Need to get TACKLE up in here, he can probably go more in depth with the Ravens D.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

I'll try to give a quick overview of the defense Pagano ran in Baltimore. A lot of the base sets consisted of a DT/NT/DE in a 3-4 alignment. The ideal DE is more like a 4-3 base end who can mostly play the run but get to the QB too. Baltimore hasn't had anybody like that since Trevor Pryce was good so the guys Pagano worked with for his one season as a defensive coordinator were more in the 3-tech mold in terms of ability (Redding and Jones with McPhee as a pass-rush specialist). For the most part the DT and DE didn't switch sides. Pagano used more 3-4 alignments than 4-3 alignments but as with every Ravens defense since Ryan and maybe beyond both were featured. He seemed especially fond of using 4 down lineman for pass-rush situations and that's what really set Kruger and McPhee off in my opinion. One interesting fact is that Baltimore rarely ran any dime sets that year. If it was a pass-ing down they were in a nickel alignment.

My advice is to trust in whatever Pagano is doing on defense. He was great as the secondary coach and great as the defensive coordinator. Baltimore really regressed on defense last under Pees. They had a ton of injuries on that side of the ball but the loss of Pagano was obvious. I like the composition of the Ravens' defense a lot this year but I'm still skeptical Pees will be able to put it together properly. For what it's worth he sticks more to traditional 3-4 looks than Pagano did with a lot more 4-3 alignments thrown in (when they're not in nickel) so they don't play quite the same anymore.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote