Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Hard Knocks with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Anyone see the first episode? I thought it was good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Green injury scare...

Everyone instantly **** their pants.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it on youtube or online anywhere?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pirate bay.org for download.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed it, but still not as good as the 1st one the Bengals were on since they don't have the character they had back then.

The whole James Harrison segment was hilarious though.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 08-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the first episode and series as a whole of Hard Knocks was interesting because you got to see inside the Bengals facility, which I don't recall really getting to see in their previous run on Hard Knocks. I found this interesting because the Bengals have a reputation for being a cheap franchise, former CB Jonathan Joseph echoed that statement after leaving the team in 2012. The team has been very defiant about not getting an indoor facility and Mike Brown said he plans on using University of Cincinnati's. If you watched the episode closely I thought you could see some instances where it shows that the Bengals can be cheap at times or do things differently than other NFL teams do.

The first thing that stood out to me was that the position meeting rooms appear to be the same rooms as the coach's offices. From my experience in football I have never seen this before. Most facilities I have seen the coaches have their own offices and the position meeting rooms are their own rooms, like little conference rooms.

One of the other things that I thought was unusual was a a player having to be in the league for 5 years in order to get his own room. One of the things that Joseph talked about was not getting your own room on the road, which is a custom for most other NFL teams. Most other team's wouldn't make a player who was a significant player on defense have to wait until his fifth year to get his own room in training camp. Carlos Dunlap is in his fourth year and still has to have a roommate. That's seems ridiculous to me.

I don't know how big of an issue this but I was surprised that the players have to cross a street in downtown Cincinnati and essentially have to walk on a crosswalk in order to go to and from practice. Aside from the obvious player safety and security issue it's sad that an NFL team has to walk across a downtown street to go to and from their facility. I don't know of any other teams that have their facilities set up like this.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 08-11-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison is intimidating as ****.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought episode one was awesome. I concur that James Harrison is a terrifying human being.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched it this morning, the Harrison segment was funny, the Green injury was scary, and overall it was enjoyable. Anyone else have issues keeping a straight face and taking Dalton seriously?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that stood out to me was the explosiveness of Giovani Bernard. I know it was just in 7 on 7 and in drills but man, he looked unbelievably quick.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
The one thing that stood out to me was the explosiveness of Giovani Bernard. I know it was just in 7 on 7 and in drills but man, he looked unbelievably quick.
While I didn't think he was bad, coming into the draft, with some touting him as a potential first round pick I thought he was a bit overrated. But if that same quickness on the practice field can translate to the game field, then I may very well be wrong.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard is similar to Sproles. No one else said that at draft time and I never understood why...

A.J. Green is ******* tiny. He's very slippery and smart which helps in a huge way. But it's always been a concern of mine how slender he is. And why I preferred Julio.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gio is much more like chris johnson than sproles i think..

green is skinny but he also doest really take hits much....kinda like chad johnson, who was laid out hit probably 3 times in his career
Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you'd be wrong.

Gio is a very low center of gravity guy with terrific natural hands. He's a short-stepper with a good burst just like Sproles.

CJ2K is more of a glider and less physical.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wouldnt exactly call sproles physical
Old 08-12-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma drill and Hue Jackson promoting himself for a second chance at a HC gig were the highlights for me.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
wouldnt exactly call sproles physical
He's not a bruiser, but he is physical.

Check out the play at 4:23 for example

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Margus Hunt plays up to his potential...you have Michael Johnson at 6'7 and Hunt at 6'8. Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins. That is a scary potential laden defensive line. Goddamn. I don't think James Harrison is done and Burfict is going to get better.. If they had paid Jonathan Joseph...jesus.

Maybe I'm just drinking the Hard Knocks kool aid but I really like this roster. They should run a lot of two TE sets and utilize John Connor as a blocker. The full back needs to make a comeback in the NFL. I think a lot of run games are suffering because of it. I know Lions do most of their runs out of the shotgun and the RB starts out standing next to Stafford with no FB in front of him. It pisses me off. I miss the days of Cory Schlesinger breaking face masks every game.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Anyone see the latest episode? That one receiver that was brought along didn't even get a chance to do anything. He was just keeping the roster spot warm until AJ Green came back and the line up was full again. Sucks.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone see the latest episode? That one receiver that was brought along didn't even get a chance to do anything. He was just keeping the roster spot warm until AJ Green came back and the line up was full again. Sucks.
Yeah, that was kind of lame. You'd think they'd at least throw him on the field for a few plays to let him try to get open.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Yeah, that was kind of lame. You'd think they'd at least throw him on the field for a few plays to let him try to get open.
Exactly. It was just literally a giant waste of his time. I mean if you're gonna bring a dude all the way to training camp, put him on the field for a few plays or something.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. It was just literally a giant waste of his time. I mean if you're gonna bring a dude all the way to training camp, put him on the field for a few plays or something.
Happens pretty often. Mike Shanahan was signed by the Buccaneers on Monday and cut on Tuesday. Not much you can do in one practice.