Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I could definately see Brett Favre as at least a quarterback's coach. He seems like he would be an ideal QB coach and show a young starter what it takes to be the best
I disagree completely. When he hangs it up, whenever that may be, he is done with football. I don't think he would make a good coach anyway.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Peyton Manning would be a horrible head coach.
Manning doesn't strike me as someone who can coach the game. He may be smart, but that doesn't mean you can become a good coach.

I think Junior Seau could turn out to be a fine LB coach some day.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenan McCardell.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rod Smith would be a great receivers coach.Also John Lynch would be a great secondary coach.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definatly Corey Chavous, but he could be a scout too

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
what about William Henderson?
I was gonna mention him, he's a lock to be either a coach or announcer in a few years or next year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ray Lewis in a mintue would be a great LB coach. hopefully he does become the ravens LB coach as soon as he retires

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

I would say Jerry Rice would make a great WR coach but he is retired, so umm I will go with someone I am suprised no one has said Urlacher
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
Definatly Corey Chavous, but he could be a scout too
Forgot about that one. Definitely true though. The guy really knows his stuff. Tory Holt could probably be a scout if he wanted too as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Derrick Brooks is personable, a leader, smart, knowledgeable, he has all the traits of a future NFL Head Coach. Ronde Barber could be a good coach too, but he will probably join Tiki in the studio instead.
I too share the belief that Brooks would be a good coach. Specifically LB coach for obvious reasons. Yes he is personable, a leader, smart and knowledgeable, he is also deeply respected by other players in the locker room and that will help him a lot.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see peyton being a OC but not a HC. another is tedy brushci(sp?)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:58 AM    (permalink
BoltsOnTheBeach

The whole thing about coaching is that you have to (1) have the knowledge of the game and (2) have good communication skills to distribute that knowledge...

I like Seau as a good candidate, although he may turn player/coach due to age soon... also Carson Palmer, IMO, would make a good coach
Old 04-05-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Rod Smith would be a great receivers coach.Also John Lynch would be a great secondary coach.
Ahhh these were the two that came to mind when I read this. Both are solid players throughout their career, smart, know their position very well, and personable.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I think Antonio Pierce would make a pretty good LB coach.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Bryant Young...smart, incredible work ethic and has the respect of everyone on his team and many from other teams.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Garcia, Ray Lewis, Troy Vincent, Matt Cassel, Trent Dilfer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jim Sorgi, Matt Birk, Hank Fraley, Kevin Mawae, Jeff Saturday, John Lynch, Sam Madison, Ricky Manning Jr., Lawyer Malloy, Tony Parrish, Jason Webster, Keith Brooking, Tedy Bruschi, Na'il Diggs, Carlos Emmons, Larry Izzo, Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Zach Crockett.

In general, QB's (especially backup QB's), safeties, centers, fullbacks, and LB's become coaches. Most likely, pro bowl or future hall of famers don't become coaches because their natural abilities keep them from helping players break through barriers and improve. You will see very few hall of fame players even coaching. It is just reality.

I looked though the NFL roster for players who didn't necessarily get by on their physical skills, but they had great technique. There are a few exceptions, but these are smart players who know the game and have been around a long time. Long careers are generally due to a combination of health, ability, and intelligence.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone's listing probowlers and even some future hall-of-famers, coaches are very rarely top-notch players. However there are some exceptions like Art Shell and Mike Singletary for example.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have to say maybe Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor, and Tim Brown combo. I could also see maybe Brett Farve or Peyton Manning.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Jaguars, I could see Mike Peterson as the coach type. Maybe Donovin Darius.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
PapaBearHalas

How about Ricky Proehl? He got a lot of mileage out of limited talent.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Everyone's listing probowlers and even some future hall-of-famers, coaches are very rarely top-notch players. However there are some exceptions like Art Shell and Mike Singletary for example.
Very few Hall of Famers or All-Pro players go into coaching. As I said in my earlier post, it is hard for someone who had great ability to think about fundamentals and scheme and adjustments. They are also used to having everything handed to them because of their great talent. Trust me, no top dog wants to sit there and be told what to do all the time by a coach. They also aren't willing to work 100+ hours a week as a gopher for less than $100,000 a year while they make their name as a coach. Blue collar guys who are all about technique and football IQ are far more likely to succeed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
Trent Green will become a coach someday.
Agreed Trent will make a great coach
Old 04-05-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I would have to say maybe Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor, and Tim Brown combo. I could also see maybe Brett Farve or Peyton Manning.
Jerry Rice isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone for that small amount of money. Taylor may, but his personality doesn't necessarily mean he will connect and be able to coach and lead a team. Tim Brown has the right personality. He is a possibility.

Peyton Manning is basically already the Assistant Offensive Coordinator for the Colts. He calls plays and knows the game, but I don't think he will want the pressure and the workload of an NFL coach. He will have a 15+ year career in the NFL. He has the drive to coach and the knowledge, but why would he want to put himself through it?

Favre's actual football IQ is very, very low. His use of terminology is limited. He couldn't go out and play QB for a non-WCO system because he doesn't know anything else. His career is a result of amazing talent and great coaching, then his behaviors became learned. He would not be a good NFL coach.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Agreed Trent will make a great coach
I could see it, but it's not necessarily a done deal.