Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trade up to get AP?

After reading about the Titans huge interest in Michael "The Burner" Turner, and the possibility of making a trade down with the Chragers, I was wondering what about getting Adrian Peterson. If Adrian Peterson slipped by the Browns at 3, it is possible that he falls down to the Texans who have many needs, and would like to trade down and grab Levi Jones later in the first round. What about a trade like this, only if AP falls to #10, which is possible.

Titans Recieve:
First rounder(#10)

Texans Recieve:
First rounder(#19)
Third rounder(#80)
Conditional pick next year, most likely a third.

Would you guys rather trade down and get Turner, or trade up and get Peterson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Me personally I would rather trade up to get Peterson...the track record of taking the back up from another team to be your starter never seems to workout...
ex. Scott Mitchell, Lamont Jordan, etc...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

That's an interesting idea. However, I don't think he'll fall to 10. Some other team would move up to get him first. But assuming he DID, then your scenario might work out. I'm guessing you checked the value chart to make sure it was a feasible trade?
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
That's an interesting idea. However, I don't think he'll fall to 10. Some other team would move up to get him first. But assuming he DID, then your scenario might work out. I'm guessing you checked the value chart to make sure it was a feasible trade?
Yes, it was off by 150+ points, it wasnt much though

Quote:
Old 04-07-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Me personally I would rather trade up to get Peterson...the track record of taking the back up from another team to be your starter never seems to workout...
ex. Scott Mitchell, Lamont Jordan, etc...
Well...Priest Holmes might argue that point. But I get your point here...it's risky.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
No, that trade is off by 240 points (the value of the #70 pick) and is in no way a fair deal. We wouldn't trade within the division unless they are getting a very good deal out of it, you already screwed us on the Jason Babin deal a couple years ago. If you give us your 2nd round pick and the #19 then it is still just barely short.
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by morknolle View Post
No, that trade is off by 240 points (the value of the #70 pick) and is in no way a fair deal. We wouldn't trade within the division unless they are getting a very good deal out of it, you already screwed us on the Jason Babin deal a couple years ago. If you give us your 2nd round pick and the #19 then it is still just barely short.
U are right about the points, my math was off when i first did it. I'm pretty sure the Titans front office though would not let it go down to trading with Houston(Bud Adams hates Houston lol), so if anything it would be with Miami, making the deal off by 300 points. With that in mind, we add a 2008 2nd round draft pick and the deal is fine. I think though it would be a lot better to just worry about our needs as of right now (WR and DE are the main reasons)

Quote: