Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default More Formidable Receiving Core: Falcons Vs. Broncos

Which receiving Corp would you rather have and why?

ATL:

Julio Jones 79, 1198, 10
Roddy White 92, 1351, 7
Tony Gonzalez 93, 930, 8

or

DEN:

Demaryius Thomas 94, 1434, 10
Eric Decker 85, 1064, 13
Wes Welker 118, 1354, 6
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer to this. I'd say Atlanta probably because White and Jones are more explosive than Thomas/Decker. They produce similar numbers but the ATL pair will give me more big plays. Jones' numbers should take a jump in his 3rd year which is scary. Tony G is good still but Welker is a much more dangerous weapon for an offense.

I can't wait to see Manning run an offense with Welker now. If they can work up some good chemistry, he is going to be an incredibly useful tool for Peyton. Just moving him around, abusing match ups, and getting first downs. If Manning can reanimate Stokely for 500/5tds, I think Manning could have 3 1k receivers again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones, NFL receiving TD Leader last year
Jordy Nelson, 15 TD's the year before
Randall Cobb, Rising stud led team in receptions last year, #1 target of Arod

Jermichael Finley the 4th option.

I'll take that Atlanta trio over the Broncos trio because Julio is truly special.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio is up to 230.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are a plug and play offense. I think Cobb is great but James Jones led the league in TD because of mccarthys offense and aaron rodgers.

I do think Julio and Demaryius are pretty similar in ability, something i never thought id say 2 years ago. Give me Julio and Roddy all day though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have such a man crush on Julio Jones. I love watching him play.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive had a man crush on julio since he was a freshman...i <3 him

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Denver's WR/TE's.
Thomas has turned into a dominant stud, Decker is a very solid #2 guy and then adding Welker to be the slot guy? Devastating. Have decent TE options in Tamme, Dressen and the Training Camp hype machine at the moment Julius Thomas. Add in a potential speed threat in Tavares King, a very lethal force.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one, ON PAPER, could be really sexy...

Stevie Johnson
TJ Graham
Robert Woods
Da'Rick Rogers
Marquise Goodwin

Chris Gragg
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a wash for me. If a gun was held to my head, I'd take the Bronco's cause they're a bit younger but both are ridiculous. I really like Harry Douglas as well and If Sjax counts out of the backfield I'd probably take the falcons.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Team who could turn out to be really sexy at pass catcher is Dallas. Austin, Dez, Witten, and Williams could be really dangerous if they stay healthy.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Stevie Johnson
TJ Graham
Robert Woods
Da'Rick Rogers
Marquise Goodwin

Chris Gragg
They should make sure rogers makes the team first

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Stevie Johnson
TJ Graham
Robert Woods
Da'Rick Rogers
Marquise Goodwin

Chris Gragg

Except for Stevie J. I have no idea who the other guys are. Lol. Are they all younger guys?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Except for Stevie J. I have no idea who the other guys are. Lol. Are they all younger guys?
Woods rookie from USC, Lee Rookie speedy WR from Texas, Rogers rookie UDFA headcase from tenn tech.

Lets pump the brakes on the bills lol

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony G still playing at the level he is at his age is just ridiculous.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Woods rookie from USC, Lee Rookie speedy WR from Texas, Rogers rookie UDFA headcase from tenn tech.

Woods I know because I liked him as a prospect. The rest I never heard of. Lol. I just thought it was funny be named them but most of the guys I never heard of.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking broncos just because of Welker. He's gonna do so much damage as the 3rd guy.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go w/ the Falcons...

I would say Julio and Demaryus are comparable, but I would def give the edge to Julio. Decker and Roddy White is a no contest, Decker is good but Roddy is one of the best in the biz. Hard to compare Welker and Tony G cuz they are so different, but Id go with Tony G, its great to have a big guy like that who catches everything - in the redzone and 3rd down I dont know if there is anyone a QB would rather throw to. Hes the best tight end in the history of the game by far and his skills really havent diminished that much. Welker is damn good, but the Falcons have a pretty good slot receiver of their own in Harry Douglas. Jacob Tamme cant even be compared to Tony.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I'm taking broncos just because of Welker. He's gonna do so much damage as the 3rd guy.
Yeah. That 1500 yards and 1 TD...

The answer is Falcons. White and Jones are the best 1,2 combo in the NFL.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Amendola/Michael Jenkins/Jake Ballard

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, Denver wins. Point=Peyton Manning
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post

And FWIW: I'd go Falcons > Broncos WRs

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tony G still playing at the level he is at his age is just ridiculous.
He's not only the GOAT TE, but the gap between him and the #2 guy is just huge at this point.

Last edited by WCH : 08-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He's not only the GOAT TE, but the gap between him and the #2 guy is just huge.
I don't think Shannon Sharpe is that far behind him personally.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go with Falcons. Jones might be second best WR in the league behind CJ. They have arguably the best TE of all time. And things aren't too bad when Roddy White is your #2 WR. In terms of depth though I might take Denver, because after the 3 guys I mentioned for the Falcons there's kind of a big drop off.