Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It was Mo Lewis and I came in here to post that very "What if". Does Brady ever get a chance if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt? Does he get a chance with a different team?

I 100% agree with you. It really does reshape the NFL as we know it today.
My bad I had in my head Bryan Cox for some reason. Unless Bledsoe got hurt at some other point, I wouldn't see him really get a chance with another team being that late of a pick with no game experience. He likely would have played out his rookie contract with the Patriots and been out of the league after that IMO.

Belichick was just trying to hit on late round QBs when he got the job, he drafted Michael Bishop in the 7th in 1999 and then Brady in 2000 and even Rohan Davey is 2002 but I don't think he actually planned to replace Bledsoe until Tom Brady played so well
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
As related to Brett Favre, what if Don Majowski (sp) never gets hurt?
Once Favre was in Green Bay, he was the QB of The Future and the job was eventually going to be his. Wolf was with the Jets for the '91 draft and he he had Favre as the top player int he whole draft. The Jets didn't have a first round pick that year and they tried desperately to trade up, but they couldn't get it done.

The next year, Wolf was in Green Bay and he eagerly traded a first round pick for Favre. If the Majik Man had kept the job through that 92 season, Favre would have still "won" the job in training camp the following season.

The more interesting question would be: what if Favre had gone to literally any other team. Not only did it do him a lot of good, developmentally, to land with Wolf and Holmgren. He also could have easily fallen to substance abuse if he had fallen into the wrong situation. I've been fascinated by the contrast between Favre and Marinovich. Both were known "bad boys" going into the 1991 draft, which is probably why neither was a high first round pick. Both had well documented substance abuse problems in the NFL. One guy broke every record in the book, and the other wound up on skid row. I think that contrast would make for an interesting 30 for 30 documentary.

Last edited by WCH : 08-13-2013 at 12:22 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Once Favre was in Green Bay, he was the QB of The Future and the job was eventually going to be his. Wolf was with the Jets for the '91 draft and he he had Favre as the top player int he whole draft. The Jets didn't have a first round pick that year and they tried desperately to trade up, but they couldn't get it done.

The next year, Wolf was in Green Bay and he eagerly traded a first round pick for Favre. If the Majik Man had kept the job through that 92 season, Favre would have still "won" the job in training camp the following season.

The more interesting question would be: what if Favre had gone to literally any other team. Not only did it do him a lot of good, developmentally, to land with Wolf and Holmgren. He also could have easily fallen to substance abuse if he had fallen into the wrong situation. I've been fascinated by the contrast between Favre and Todd Marinovich. Both were known "bad boys" going into the 1991 draft, which is probably why neither was a high first round pick. Both had well documented substance abuse problems in the NFL. One guy broke every record in the book, and the other wound up on skid row. I think that contrast would make for an interesting 30 for 30 documentary.
Yes it sure would, similar to the contrast between Manning & Leaf.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do wonder what would've happened if the chargers didn't trade Eli to the giants. We'd have Big Ben under center and the pick that became Merriman. How far would Rivers have fallen then? Would the steelers and giants still have their two superbowl wins?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Wolf was on the verge of drafting Favre for the Jets with the 34th pick and even had his name already written on their draft card while Atlanta were on the clock at #33.. The Falcons of course took Favre and the Jets ended up with Browning Nagle, who finished his career ... in Atlanta.. 5 years later; the same season Favre won his Super Bowl ring with the Packers.

Nagle had career numbers of 8 TDs and 20 INTs.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackSays View Post
They had the unfortunate timing of the 90s Cowboys, and the fact that the year that was supposed to be THE year for them (1991), Randall tore his ACL in the first game ala Brady and they had to give the reins to Jim McMahon.

Also, never heard that Scovil tidbit before, that's really interesting.
True story: BarackSays is a terrible human being who refuses to live up to bets.

What if the Lions had a halfway decent QB in the 90s?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Two scenarios from the 1989 draft:

1. What if the Packers drafted Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandarich? Who do the Lions take instead? Mandarich, Thomas or Deion? How many titles do the Pack win with Favre, Barry and Reggie?

2. The Packers won their last two games of the 1988 season to hand the top pick in the draft to Dallas. The Packers probably take Troy Aikman 1st overall and Mandarich goes to the Cowboys instead. That means there's no trade for Brett Favre in 1992. Favre then continues to be stuck on the bench in Atlanta, where he didn't exactly endear himself to the Falcons coaching staff, and possibly fades away. The Cowboys end up with Steve Walsh as their starting QB instead of Aikman. Dallas picked Walsh in the 1989 Supplemental draft.
Here's another scenario about the 89 draft that I found out about through this podcast:

Green and gold forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZoJGc5qZDc

If Dallas would have won their season finale against Philly, they would have been in a three-way tie with GB and Det for the #1 pick.

I don't know how the tie breaker would have worked out, but what if the Lions got the first pick, Dallas the second, and GB the third?

Detroit would have gotten that pick, and they take Aikman, no question.

Then, I am confident that the Boys take Mandarich. Some of their scouts were pitching him over Aikman, who didn't even make all Pac-10 in 88.

Now, we come to GB and pick three.

A lot of you are thinking that they just take Sanders, but after listening to this podcast, I'm not so sure. It sounds like they had Mandarich and Derrick Thomas two and three on their board after Troy.

Either they take DT, or maybe they trade down with a team that wanted a RB like Miami (who ended up taking Fumble Fingers Smith with the ninth pick) or Denver (who originally had the 13th pick, but traded down six slots and took Steve Atwater. They also took Bobby Humphrey in the Supp draft).

Last edited by 7DnBrnc53 : 08-13-2013 at 01:43 PM.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if Doug Williams never won a Superbowl and Warren Moon stayed in the CFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 09-02-2013 at 04:39 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a plenty of black friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I do wonder what would've happened if the chargers didn't trade Eli to the giants. We'd have Big Ben under center and the pick that became Merriman. How far would Rivers have fallen then? Would the steelers and giants still have their two superbowl wins?
Would Eli be the QB of the Steelers?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BarackSays
Rookie

BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
True story: BarackSays is a terrible human being who refuses to live up to bets.

What if the Lions had a halfway decent QB in the 90s?
I'll mail you my piss if you're not careful.
BarackSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
What if the Miami Dolphins didn't mess up about Drew Brees' shoulder and sign him? Would Brees still developped into the QB he now is? Would the Dolphins have challenged for a Superbowl? Would Nick Saban still be in the NFL? What would happen with New Orleans and Sean Payton?
Also if that happens, does Wes Welker end up staying in Miami and become Brees' go to guy? Do the Patriots go undefeated until the Superbowl the next year? Does Tyree still make that catch in the Superbowl?
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BarackSays
Rookie

BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarackSays is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
Also if that happens, does Wes Welker end up staying in Miami and become Brees' go to guy? Do the Patriots go undefeated until the Superbowl the next year? Does Tyree still make that catch in the Superbowl?
Brees ends up on Dolphins, Vikings play...oh let's say, the Falcons in the 09 NFCG, win handily, win Super Bowl, I don't cry myself to sleep at night anymore.
BarackSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer one:
What if Mugs never had that heart attack? Do those Bear teams from the 80's carry it over to the 90's? Do they manage to win more than one Super Bowl? They definitely wouldn't have sucked as much in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Other one:
What if Houston didn't blow that lead against the Bills? Could they have made the Super Bowl? Would the run and shoot still fade as time went on? Are the Oilers still there?

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 08-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also to piggyback on the Brees going to the Dolphins one:
What if Jerry Jones allowed Tony Romo to get traded to the Saints after Sean Payton tried to get him? That would cause another huge ripple effect, because you wouldn't know who would be quarterbacking the Cowboys or who they would've drafted and when.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Ron Wolf was on the verge of drafting Favre for the Jets with the 34th pick and even had his name already written on their draft card while Atlanta were on the clock at #33.. The Falcons of course took Favre and the Jets ended up with Browning Nagle, who finished his career ... in Atlanta.. 5 years later; the same season Favre won his Super Bowl ring with the Packers.

Nagle had career numbers of 8 TDs and 20 INTs.
The Jets tried to trade up with the Giants to get Favre, but failed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2M0xxX9Vw
Old 08-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if the Skins don't trade for Portis, sign Champ long term, Sean Taylor doesn't pass and they draft AD and Aaron Rodgers.

Imagine if the 9ers took Arod instead of Smith.

Imagine if Tony Romo didn't choke in every big game.

Imagine if Eli wasn't the luckiest SB QB in history.

Imagine if Gayle Sayers had a longer career.

Imagine if Bo Jackson wasn't injured.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
What if Houston didn't blow that lead against the Bills? Could they have made the Super Bowl? Would the run and shoot still fade as time went on? Are the Oilers still there?
If they hold on and win that game, I see them going to the Super Bowl that year. The Steelers weren't ready for prime time in 92, and they showed it against Buffalo. In addition, I don't see the Steelers beating Houston three times that year.

Against Miami, they have a tougher time than the Bills did since the Bills had their number, but I see them beating the Fins as well before losing to Dallas in a much better game than in RL (real life).

With the SB appearance, the team's chemistry probably improves the next year because they got over the hump of not even getting to the AFC Title Game, and because they probably don't hire Buddy Ryan in that scenario.

They probably make it to the AFC Title Game in 93, at least, although I wouldn't count out the Bills, who would be extra motivated after two SB losses and a loss to Houston in the Playoffs in 92.

The SB appearance also may have increased the odds of the team staying in Houston, and Moon may have retired for the franchise instead of going to Min, Sea, and KC because they probably aren't bad enough to get Air McNair in 95.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Imagine if the Skins don't trade for Portis, sign Champ long term, Sean Taylor doesn't pass and they draft AD and Aaron Rodgers.
Imagine the redskins made all the right decisions? They'd still not be able to keep all those players. Also I don't know how good Rodgers would be outside the system and starting right away.

Quote:
Imagine if the 9ers took Arod instead of Smith.
Once again I don't know if Rodgers would be as good as he is now if he started from jump specially if he was forced to go through the same things that Campbell and Smith had to go through. IE different coaches, different schemes, etc.

Quote:
Imagine if Tony Romo didn't choke in every big game.
The Cowboys would have had at least 1 Super Bowl

Quote:
Imagine if Eli wasn't the luckiest SB QB in history.
Meh there are a ton of lucky QBs in the history of the NFL.

Quote:
Imagine if Gayle Sayers had a longer career.
Sayers was a good back but I still don't think he would have hit Sanders/Smith type numbers even if he played til he was thirty.

Quote:
Imagine if Bo Jackson wasn't injured.
Bo was special he was getting 5.5 or more yards per carry every year save one that is Adrian Peterson level special type back.

What if the NFL always had a salary cap the same as it is today (meaning x% of the total revenue?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't sayers play 5 years and make the HOF? Dude was ridiculous.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't sayers play 5 years and make the HOF? Dude was ridiculous.
He was a good back but he never averaged 100 yards a game for a season like other backs have. Only broke 1000 yards twice in his career (although 14 game seasons) He scored a lot though. Still was a great player but not amazing statistically.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
He was a good back but he never averaged 100 yards a game for a season like other backs have. Only broke 1000 yards twice in his career (although 14 game seasons) He scored a lot though. Still was a great player but not amazing statistically.
Different era. He would not get in today.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

What if Carroll Rosenbloom decided to give Bill Walsh a chance as HC in 1978, and not decide to bring in George Allen?

There is a possibility that Walsh may not have drafted Montana in 79 since he may have been satisfied with Haden and/or Ferragamo to run his offense.

If he doesn't take Joe, what becomes of him? He was a good QB, but going to another team sends his legacy down several pegs, in my opinion.