Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you Hankerson!!!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will kick a kitten.

Quote:
WGR 550 Buffalo doesn't project undrafted WR Da'Rick Rogers to make the Bills' final roster.
Beat writer Joe Buscaglia gives Chris Hogan and Brad Smith the final two receiver spots behind Stevie Johnson, T.J. Graham, Robert Woods, and Marquise Goodwin. Hogan has reportedly been far more consistent, and Smith has special teams value to go along with his veteran presence. Rogers hasn't stood out much this summer after shining in the spring, but he'll be claimed off waivers if the Bills end up cutting him. He has too much natural talent.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I will kick a kitten.
It would be incredibly short-sighted to keep Brad Smith over Rogers.
ConnSKINS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da'Rick is roughly 18th on the depth chart right now. He needs to start going off, but I don't know what chance he'll get with the camp reports.

Easley seemed to be doing alright on special teams and got more 1st-team time in the last game. He could still make it.

Hogan has been a safety valve. Definite low ceiling but that kind of thing is endearing.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26 View Post
It would be incredibly short-sighted to keep Brad Smith over Rogers.
I understand keeping Hogan because he has been impressive, but Brad Smith??? The same guy who we don't need on returns anymore and has proven he can't catch on a consistent basis.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Smith needs to pls go
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that one of Antonio Cromartie's kids?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones looked great on that drive. I just got home, only thing I've seen.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Landry Jones looked great on that drive. I just got home, only thing I've seen.
You missed a ton of shots of Robert Griffin and he didn't even play.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You missed a ton of shots of Robert Griffin and he didn't even play.
ESPN is really pushing him as their new poster child. I like the guy but its almost getting to the level of Tebow coverage. I mean RG3 can actually play but they are really hammering away at it.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN is really pushing him as their new poster child. I like the guy but its almost getting to the level of Tebow coverage. I mean RG3 can actually play but they are really hammering away at it.
Franchise QB in nations capable has big time potential
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As a SKins fan I love RG3 unconditionally, but he's getting overexposed.
He likes the attention and in comes across on TV.

Doesn't make him a bad guy but if Robert struggles when he returns to the field, someone's going to bring up all the interviews, TV promos and commercials he's filmed since being drafted and question where's his focus???

Being a global icon or winning a Lombardi?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
As a SKins fan I love RG3 unconditionally, but he's getting overexposed.
He likes the attention and in comes across on TV.

Doesn't make him a bad guy but if Robert struggles when he returns to the field, someone's going to bring up all the interviews, TV promos and commercials he's filmed since being drafted and question where's his focus???

Being a global icon or winning a Lombardi?
Meh. Who cares though. If he didn't do those things and sucks this year then he would have missed out on a decent amount of money through interviews and endorsements. Might as well milk it up while you can if they keep chasing you. I guess as long as you don't go over the top and start seeking it a la Favre.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Meh. Who cares though. If he didn't do those things and sucks this year then he would have missed out on a decent amount of money through interviews and endorsements. Might as well milk it up while you can if they keep chasing you. I guess as long as you don't go over the top and start seeking it a la Favre.

Yeah, I'm just ready for him to get back on the field and the regular season to start.

I'd rather any discussion of RG3 be focused on how he played last Sunday, not trying to sell me another Subway sandwich.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Yeah, I'm just ready for him to get back on the field and the regular season to start.

I'd rather any discussion of RG3 be focused on how he played last Sunday, not trying to sell me another Subway sandwich.
The commercials don't bother me, don't pay attention to them anyways. For me it's about ESPN consciously deciding to shove this guy down our throats when he isn't even playing in the game. It's really a disservice to the other palyers and the game of football.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

It's this time of year that you wish they did cut preseason down to 2 games.

So ready for NFL action that counts.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's this time of year that you wish they did cut preseason down to 2 games.

So ready for NFL action that counts.
Yeah, but when week 17 rolls around I really can't wait for the playoffs to start instead of seeing the riff-raff play two more weeks, in primetime games even.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The commercials don't bother me, don't pay attention to them anyways. For me it's about ESPN consciously deciding to shove this guy down our throats when he isn't even playing in the game. It's really a disservice to the other palyers and the game of football.
I'll always love guys like Gary Zimmerman, Sterling Sharpe, and Corey Dillon who essentially shunned the media or were hard to deal with during their playing days.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little bit surprised that more players don't shun the media. I'm actually a really nice guy, but if I had played pro sports, I'd probably be a dick to the media.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm a little bit surprised that more players don't shun the media. I'm actually a really nice guy, but if I had played pro sports, I'd probably be a dick to the media.
I don't know - they kind of leave you alone if you give them some of your time and won't really dog on you if **** goes bad.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know - they kind of leave you alone if you give them some of your time and won't really dog on you if **** goes bad.
It's not about dogging on anybody, it's about the media giving excessive coverage to its favorite personalities instead of reporting on things that are relevant to the competition which is supposed to be the point of the NFL. I think fantasy football and whatnot has really shifted the appeal of the NFL more to individual players, and some individual players encourage it because they like being on TV, because they're interested in, for example, promoting their own brand or whatever. There are people who would much rather NFL reporting was more focused on reporting storylines which are grounded in actual knowledge of what it takes to win a football game; if reporting reflected knowledge of real strategies and the subtleties of the game, and then informed the audience of things which are worth looking for during the games. Instead, it's more and more like TMZ, and instead of writing stories about players as football players, we have to know what they think about everything, what they're putting on twitter, who they like or don't like, etc. Not critical opinions about whether Robert Griffin III can sustain success if he cuts his running in half (Redskin's led the league in play-action passing last year by a good margin and a lot of their running success, in turn, was based off of option concepts, but he's always had injury problems due to his playing style), but softball questions asked in hopes that a player will give a casual answer that can be used to manufacture drama.

"RGIII, are you ready to play football? Are you tired of waiting?"

"Yeah, I hate waiting. I wish coach would let me play." [smiles, looks around reporter group]

"I'm sorry, did you say you hated waiting?" [licks pen, scribbles furiously]
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Some players might want to make a name for themselves. Could lead to other opportunities. Especially after their playing days are over and they want a job. There are times when players, at least in the NFL, are contractually obligated to talk to the media as well.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching this game right now on NFL Network, re-aired.... RG3 is a huge star and I understand the hype.
This league is about the QB. He's a star. He's fresh. He's a story as we wonder when he'll be out there again, and how he will be.

No problem from me here.

I have plenty of other problems with the way the media covers other things, but not this. Just my 4 cents on it.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm watching this game right now on NFL Network, re-aired.... RG3 is a huge star and I understand the hype.
This league is about the QB. He's a star. He's fresh. He's a story as we wonder when he'll be out there again, and how he will be.

No problem from me here.

I have plenty of other problems with the way the media covers other things, but not this. Just my 4 cents on it.
A dozen mentions of him would have been enough. After that it got to be a little much. I was actually watching the Mariners (no comment) and I swear every time I turned over they were showing or talking about Griffin. Imagine what will happen when he wins a playoff game.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...diego-chargers

Bears MLB Jon Bostic fined $21K for hitting a "defenseless" WR while leading with his helmet.

The WR is hardly defenseless, he actually caught the ball, turned and took 2 steps, before Bostic hit him straight in the chest with his helmet.

That's 5% of his salaray this year for what should be a legal hit in a preseason game. What a joke.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote