Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hughes steps up finally as an outside pass rusher, it will do wonders for our defense. We got talented DB's and I have high hopes for Alonso and Bradham.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, we have two good DBs and one of them probably won't show up for a couple more weeks. The rest is to be seen, picking from a lot of young Day 3 picks, street free agent corners, and McKelvin.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Eh, we have two good DBs and one of them probably won't show up for a couple more weeks. The rest is to be seen, picking from a lot of young Day 3 picks, street free agent corners, and McKelvin.
Brooks looked like a man possessed tonight and he showed some nice flashes last season. I really think he can be a lock down nickel for us.

McKelvin...Well he just sucks...

Edit: I'm not sure you can call any nickel lockdown because if they were, they would be a starting CB, but that's the words I went with....and I'm sticking with them...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 08-17-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I've been booed plenty of times in my career." -- Kevin Kolb

Thus began the EJ Manuel Era.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Do the Raiders have any games on their schedule that they can win? They should have traded McFadden this off-season, not sure why teams don't explore obvious options like that. They are ridiculously bad, and he's just gonna get hurt and enter FA anyway.
The Raiders look a lot worse than I thought they would be. They made the New Orleans starting defense look like the 1985 Bears in a preseason game. Especially the "offensive line". Matt Flynn had no chance on a lot of those dropbacks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-17-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mike Glennon replaces Josh Freeman at some point this year. Glennon just looked like a starter tonight with his command, poise, pocket presence, and ability to anticipate routes and get the ball out quickly.

Freeman just has that deer in the headlights stare going for him. Dazed and confused.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just think, I wonder if the Bucs could still get a 1st round pick out of Oakland for Josh Freeman? THey're the only team dumb enough to do it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of like what I'm seeing from EJ.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think Mike Glennon replaces Josh Freeman at some point this year. Glennon just looked like a starter tonight with his command, poise, pocket presence, and ability to anticipate routes and get the ball out quickly.

Freeman just has that deer in the headlights stare going for him. Dazed and confused.
I only saw the highlights, but it looked like the Buccaneers offensive line didn't even give Freeman time to throw on a lot of his throws. Especially off the edges.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I wish Tuel got to play more tonight. I think he is a sure bet to make the roster though.
Watched him a lot at Wazoo and he was sort of up and down. I doubt he's more than a 3rd stringer there for awhile, they don't want any more of a QB issue than they already have.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Raiders look a lot worse than I thought they would be. They made the New Orleans starting defense look like the 1985 Bears in a preseason game. Especially the "offensive line". Matt Flynn had no chance on a lot of those dropbacks.
When Veldheer went down it sealed their fate.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
When Veldheer went down it sealed their fate.
Flynn looked good but as you imply that line will probably get him killed.

The Raiders may need to just draft their QB of the future and should have a high enough pick to take whoever they want. I'm more of a Clowney fan myself but they could trade back into the first and probably still get a good one.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

The Raiders may need to just draft their QB of the future and should have a high enough pick to take whoever they want. I'm more of a Clowney fan myself but they could trade back into the first and probably still get a good one.
In terms of prospects relative to their position, Clowney is clearly a bigger prospect than anyone this year. But I think Bridgewater's impact to the franchise could be bigger than Clowney's.

If it's a matter of Clowney or Bridgewater at #1, I would take Bridgewater.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
In terms of prospects relative to their position, Clowney is clearly a bigger prospect than anyone this year. But I think Bridgewater's impact to the franchise could be bigger than Clowney's.

If it's a matter of Clowney or Bridgewater at #1, I would take Bridgewater.
We've kicked that around before and i wouldn't fault a team for doing that but Bridgewater would have to grade out very high, as in Troy Aikman high. The Cowboys, as i'm sure you know, took Troy instead of Derrick Thomas and it worked out for them. Not sure i'd put Teddy in that class.

A lot of it is probably going to depend on whether guys like Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley come out because some people probably will like them as well or ever better than Bridgewater. The Raiders could maybe take Clowney and then trade up for one of those two. Best of both worlds.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
We've kicked that around before and i wouldn't fault a team for doing that but Bridgewater would have to grade out very high, as in Troy Aikman high. The Cowboys, as i'm sure you know, took Troy instead of Derrick Thomas and it worked out for them. Not sure i'd put Teddy in that class.

A lot of it is probably going to depend on whether guys like Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley come out because some people probably will like them as well or ever better than Bridgewater. The Raiders could maybe take Clowney and then trade up for one of those two. Best of both worlds.
I think this is going to be a big discussion point in the next 9-10 months and maybe even beyond depending on the success of the players involved, but now is as good a time as any to talk about it I guess.

I love Clowney. I think he is absolutely phenomenal and the Adrian Peterson of defensive end prospects. He's clearly a man among boys and I believe he could step in and dominate in the NFL immediately.

With that said, I question what a single defensive player, no matter how good he is, can do for a franchise. We know what a franchise QB prospect can do. Look at the 2008 draft and it's clear as day. Ryan was a mediocre franchise QB prospect and he has had far more success in Atlanta than St. Louis or Miami have had with the 2 Longs.

Another case study would be the 2006 draft. Would you take Mario Williams for your franchise or Jay Cutler? I am not a big Jay Cutler fan at all, but as long as the Bears have him on their team, they have to be taken seriously as playoff contenders. Can you say the same about Houston or Buffalo with Mario Williams on the team? I would agree that Clowney is a better prospect than Williams was, but I would also contend that Bridgewater and a couple other QB prospects could finish the draft season as better prospects than Cutler.

If we were to look at the best pass rushers of the past 20+ years, we would have the exact same conversation. They are monsters on the field and make a big impact, but you cannot say they single-handedly make their team a playoff team. That is something that you can say about any of the top 10 QBs though, is it not?

I would love nothing more than to be able to get a QB who can be a franchise QB while also getting Jedeveon Clowney. I love what Clowney does on the field. I love what he provides to a defense and everyone and their mother knows the Raiders need a pass rush more than any other team. But if it's a choice between a top QB prospect--even one who falls short of Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning status--and a transcendent pass rusher, I will take the QB every day and twice on Sundays.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I only saw the highlights, but it looked like the Buccaneers offensive line didn't even give Freeman time to throw on a lot of his throws. Especially off the edges.
I only saw highlights as well, but I don't remember Nicks or Joseph being in. I could be wrong, but I they weren't in the few highlight/lowlights of Freeman I saw
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People just need to give Tebow a chance. He needs to be in the right situation to succeed.**** you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
People just need to give Tebow a chance. He needs to be in the right situation to succeed.**** you
You can take the tongue out of your cheek now.

I'd still try him as an H-back if it were me.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Let's not go as far as saying he looked good.

The oline was poor, but he also wasn't diagnosing the blitz.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I agree, Tebow would excel in peewee, middle school, high school, and maybe, just maybe college.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Let's not go as far as saying he looked good.

The oline was poor, but he also wasn't diagnosing the blitz.
I was mainly looking at the 12-16 line. He isn't going to make anything happen with his legs. At least we don't have to listen to any more Pryor talk this week, hopefully.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

EJ Manuel out the rest of preseason.

Does Kolb start the regular season while EJ catches up?
Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
EJ Manuel out the rest of preseason.

Does Kolb start the regular season while EJ catches up?
I really hope not, and this better be as minor as they say it is.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-17-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I really hope not, and this better be as minor as they say it is.
Not getting the whole starting rookie QBs thing, especially with below average teams.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas can't stop fumbling today.