Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anyone Else Love Pro-Football-Reference.com?

Pro-Football-Reference.com

It's one of the easiest sites I've found for player stats. Player pages are clean and sortable. ESPNs & NFLs websites have gotten so bloated and unclear that this simple text based site is refreshing. The main page is kinda busy but it is still awesome. Team pages are good with easy navigation between years. The college version is pretty decent for finding college stats too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a biblical site. I use it every time I need stats, records or awards information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found it when I was looking up some old time player stats through google. It's definitely an awesome site.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BoJackson
Rookie

BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoJackson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the sports-reference sites in general. They're so detailed and easy to navigate. One of my favorite things to do on the baseball-reference pages is to pick a random player, scroll down to their transaction list, and marvel at how many times a player can be involved in a trade before they finally make it to the majors.
BoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes very handy site
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's annoying how they treat data miners, but ultimately - it's the best football reference on the net.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use it all the time. I really like how you can follow a player's career as he ascends up the leaderboard list. Every week those stats are updated.

I also found a college football database website that was really cool as well, after years of looking and looking. Most of them are not very inclusive. I was actually beginning to wonder if the universities had some kind of ownership rights over the records or something. In any case, I'm at work right now and the link is on my home computer, but if anyone wants it lemme know and I will post it when I get home.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic website and one I use all the time to check. It's the bible of NFL historical information and very user friendly.

The Play Index feature is superb.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish it had a better seasonal stat organization. Some drop boxes would be nice.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackson View Post
I love the sports-reference sites in general. They're so detailed and easy to navigate. One of my favorite things to do on the baseball-reference pages is to pick a random player, scroll down to their transaction list, and marvel at how many times a player can be involved in a trade before they finally make it to the majors.
When I'm ridiculously bored and feeling nostalgic sometimes I pick a random player from my childhood and scroll down to the similar players part. So many players that I forgot about.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other day I was looking up Thurman Thomas and went to similar players where I saw Edge James.

I forgot how monstrous the stats were that Edge put up his first two seasons. Definitely worth a look up because you forget Peyton had some serious help turning around the Colts.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The other day I was looking up Thurman Thomas and went to similar players where I saw Edge James.

I forgot how monstrous the stats were that Edge put up his first two seasons. Definitely worth a look up because you forget Peyton had some serious help turning around the Colts.

Yup, then from him I got to Marshall Faulk. He doesn't get the respect as the all time great RB that he is. Seriously, go look at his numbers. From '99 to '01 he led the league in YPC each year along with 84 catches/2225 total yards/20 total TD's per year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing I like to do...I admit it, no life...you know those times when you remember a particular game from long ago that left an impression on you for one reason or another? I like to go find that game from the game log and see what REALLY happened. This isn't to say that my memory has totally left me, but I find that the game is never exactly as I remember it, especially as far as who scored when, etc.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote