Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are being intentionally difficult here. i don't understand what precludes you from explaining to me how you know you were the kill other than you not wanting to get caught in a lie by somebody. you tell me a more experienced player could explain it, yet you can't? that doesn't make sense at all
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
you are being intentionally difficult here. i don't understand what precludes you from explaining to me how you know you were the kill other than you not wanting to get caught in a lie by somebody. you tell me a more experienced player could explain it, yet you can't? that doesn't make sense at all
I can't role reveal fully. Lets just say, I could self target and keep myself safe.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't particularly care for someone to fill in the blank that you don't want to. you are obviously talking down to me, so please mr. experienced player, explain to me how you know you were the kill attempt.

grizz, you're going to hate this, but i am beginning to feel like rob is taking us for a ride myself. his vote for r-bond was not based on anything at that point, but once two other people voted it would do rob no good to unvote. now he has the convenient excuse of having been one of 3 players to vote for r-bond
Why am I going to hate that? Because I just said something similar?

As for the "I can't role reveal" stuff, its getting kind of old. Rufus' rule says "3. Avoid role revealing unnecessarily.", if you have evidence to present of any kind, its not unnecessary. As for Rob KNOWING he was the kill target, I can think of roles that would allow him to know whether he was targeted to be killed or not, that being said, he is implying that he just did something to keep himself alive so he's just speculating that he thinks someone tried to kill him since he supposedly did something to prevent death and then there were no kills. For all we know, there is a doctor that did their job and it had nothing to do with his supposed role.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grizz is correct, the kill target could've been someone else. Or I could've been one target and the doctor did their job on a second kill. I don't have any details here other than the fact that I kept myself safe and nobody died.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Why am I going to hate that? Because I just said something similar?
yes, obviously. although rob's response has quelled my concerns. i think he's being truthful. just wanted to press him to see if he was hiding anything.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that being said, I don't think Rob should really be in play here, I do think there are other more suspicious players. Obviously McGee is Ghost Rider, do we think that GR would be evil? He is an anti-hero and scotty being killed by a shotgun makes me think he very well could be. If we're wrong, we lose a conditional 1xVig kill, not the worst thing to lose. Gonzo and Vidae are both good plays here in my opinion. I never thought Gonzo was actually a 2xCommuter (and if he was he absolutely would have violated the don't role reveal unnecessarily thing), I could see him being evil as his other main suspicions so far have been brodeur and vidae, who he goes after every game no matter what. As I mentioned yesterday, I do think vidae has been playing defense the whole game with very little offense mixed in. Both of them hopped onto the OSU express without much reasoning (speaking of the OSU express, I'll man up and apologize for that one).

Broth I straight up haven't liked all game and he was OSU's top suspicion so I think that definitely needs to be factored in given he flipped town. My vote would definitely be between McGee and Broth right now, with Gonzo third on my list.

Vote: McGee

L-2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

it should be noted that vidae has contributed nothing but defenses of himself today. his play is just screaming mafia right now. he does not want to get caught up in anything that does not involve keeping himself alive
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I am willing to hammer McGee. I'll be checking in on my phone pretty regularly.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I know it was said Baller hinted at a roll, but has that been confirmed? If it has not, can we really be sure of Brody?

Full reveals are not allowed according to the rules, but I can tell you my power. I may submit one name per night and I am then told the film their character was in.
I forget what role did he claim?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baller claims to be a lie detector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well this is A+ work by Brodeur here. I'm evil because I'm evil, don't worry about reasoning, just lynch me?

We're sure Brodeur is good? 100% sure? Cuz that is some Mafia logic if I've ever seen it.
What's your power, if I may ask?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it should be noted that vidae has contributed nothing but defenses of himself today. his play is just screaming mafia right now. he does not want to get caught up in anything that does not involve keeping himself alive
Wow, so this is the what, 4th or 5th time you've called me out for not doing anything, and this will be the 2nd or 3rd time I'm going to ask you this: what have YOU contributed? Anything? No, you haven't done anything to help the town at all in any way. Not even a little bit.

This screams someone trying to get me lynched because they think it would be an easy lynch.

Contribute something, anything, and then you can call other people out for not contributing. Until then, give it up. It's easy to see what you're trying to do.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow, so this is the what, 4th or 5th time you've called me out for not doing anything, and this will be the 2nd or 3rd time I'm going to ask you this: what have YOU contributed? Anything? No, you haven't done anything to help the town at all in any way. Not even a little bit.

This screams someone trying to get me lynched because they think it would be an easy lynch.

Contribute something, anything, and then you can call other people out for not contributing. Until then, give it up. It's easy to see what you're trying to do.
if you don't believe I've contributed anything you haven't been reading. I am taking stances, trying to rattle people. doing more than just defending myself when I am called out. I can't say the same for you.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One or both of you are evil.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:

Classic evil vidae.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

Mcgee(4): Baller, SBH, JR, Grizz,
Vidae(1): Brodeur
SBH(1): Vidae

With 11 alive, 6 is needed for a majority

Last edited by RufusMcDaniel : 08-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBH, I think both are evil along with McGee.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Classic evil vidae.
Haha, no, classic annoyed at the same thing being used vidae. :P

Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
if you don't believe I've contributed anything you haven't been reading. I am taking stances, trying to rattle people. doing more than just defending myself when I am called out. I can't say the same for you.
Oh, no sir, I've read every single one of your posts, and they're all the type of post that looks like they're trying to contribute without actually contributing. A lot of people slide by these games with posts like these, so it really wouldn't surprise me to find out you're the SK.

In fact

vote : SBH

That feels pretty good to me. Either you're Mafia or SK.

How's that for taking a stand?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

you can be annoyed all you want but there is a definite mafia element to your play thus far
Old 08-23-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
you can be annoyed all you want but there is a definite mafia element to your play thus far
There really isn't. I have to lay low in these games now because if I don't I'm a top 3 lynch target during the day and a top 3 kill target at night.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh, no sir, I've read every single one of your posts, and they're all the type of post that looks like they're trying to contribute without actually contributing. A lot of people slide by these games with posts like these, so it really wouldn't surprise me to find out you're the SK.

In fact

vote : SBH

That feels pretty good to me. Either you're Mafia or SK.

How's that for taking a stand?
finally! i can't say that this is a particularly good argument, but it is an argument none the less. the fact of the matter is that you're wrong about me. i just called out and prodded at rob out of nowhere to try to get some information. i did the same to broth on day one. day two wasn't exactly a shining moment for me as i was obviously way off on OSU but a mistake is a mistake.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ready to vote Mcgee. I wasn't seeing it but after the no kill from him and the fact that he has really not gone after anybody hard (classic mafia tell) I am convinced. If McGee was good he would have killed Vidae.

FINALLY you all agree with me about Vidae. More useless than normal, the new classic evil Vidae. Pretty clear that he is evil.

Sorry I have been inactive. I would have backed up OSU last night because I am not actually a commuter but I started work just before he revealed.

It looks to me like SBH is trying to distance himself from Vidae which is a good move, I think he is evil.

Rob did the exact same thing he is doing this game last time with his bodyguard reveal. He reeks of evil and probably thinks he is in the clear after voting RBond.

Broth is the other guy who is setting off alarms. I am fairly certain he is evil too.

We ready to hammer?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we all buying Gonzo's commuter role??

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
There really isn't. I have to lay low in these games now because if I don't I'm a top 3 lynch target during the day and a top 3 kill target at night.
you are basically admitting here that you would rather survive than really come out and contribute. yet you don't see there being a mafia element to your play? come on now, you can't be this blind