Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.
Default AJ Jenkins traded to KC for Jon Baldwin

Just announced on the team's official twitter feed. Discuss.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They both suck.

Discuss.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I'm surprised the gave up on Jenkins after 1 year. That is butally quick. He still might be able to develop in to a decent player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Damn I'm surprised the gave up on Jenkins after 1 year. That is butally quick. He still might be able to develop in to a decent player.
This. I'm really shocked that Baalke decided to pull the plug so quickly. I still think Jenkins will be a good player down the road. I don't think too highly of Baldwin though. We'll see...
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Something to bear in mind when evaluating this trade. From Matt Maiocco:

A play to file away: On the opening weekend of camp, wide receiver A.J. Jenkins was involved in a play that perhaps illustrates a bigger problem.

Jenkins lined up in the left slot. A quick pass intended for him was deflected into the air. Jenkins still had a chance to go up and catch the pass -- or at the very least try to break it up. Instead, he stood just a few feet away and did not even attempt to make a play on the ball.

Twice in exhibition games and several other times on the practice field, Jenkins allowed defensive players to have unchallenged chances for interceptions. Maybe he lacks confidence. Maybe he lacks attitude. Maybe he's too passive.

However it's labeled, Jenkins has continued to underperform to the point that his spot on the 53-man roster is now in question. The 49ers will give the 2012 first-round pick the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the final cuts, but he has to demonstrate a role on the team is something for which he is willing to fight.

Vernon Davis last week gave a hint of Jenkins' problems -- while also endorsing him for a key role on the team. "I don't think we can rush him because it's up to him to change his mindset and really take off," Davis said.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...ake-connection
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might be a guy who's happy to just make the NFL and collect some paychecks.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't see Baldwin making the team. Say what you will about AJ but at least he could catch. If your a WR who drops passes, your QB won't trust you. And if he doesn't trust you, the ball will never come your way. I think this move was more so for the organization to give AJ a fresh start, more so than us really being intrigued by Baldwin. He's hands a really suspect and I just don't see where he fits in. Love his physical make-up but just don't see him overtaking guys who have been in this offense all TC and have a leg up on him in terms of familiarity with the scheme.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Baldwin's at all, so I'm glad to see him go. It looks like a trade of two lazy receivers. Perhaps a change of scenery will do each good?

Side note? How's Glenn Dorsey doing in San Fran? I was a fan of his in KC.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
This. I'm really shocked that Baalke decided to pull the plug so quickly. I still think Jenkins will be a good player down the road. I don't think too highly of Baldwin though. We'll see...
Yeah, I'm shocked by this news. 1 and done? Wonder how many times that has happened to a first round pick before.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yeah, I'm shocked by this news. 1 and done? Wonder how many times that has happened to a first round pick before.
A name that comes to mind is Rashaun Woods.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Honestly, I don't see Baldwin making the team. Say what you will about AJ but at least he could catch. If your a WR who drops passes, your QB won't trust you. And if he doesn't trust you, the ball will never come your way. I think this move was more so for the organization to give AJ a fresh start, more so than us really being intrigued by Baldwin. He's hands a really suspect and I just don't see where he fits in. Love his physical make-up but just don't see him overtaking guys who have been in this offense all TC and have a leg up on him in terms of familiarity with the scheme.
I doubt the organization feels like they owe AJ anything. They're not going to go out of their way to send him to a bad/hopeless situation but come on...i think the #1 factor is money (Baldwin's deal is a bit cheaper) and #2 is to take a chance on Baldwin. I think AJ's deal is guaranteed for 2 years while Baldwin's guaranteed for 1. Helps us out a little when we need to re-sign Kaep/Aldon. But Baldwin is going to have fight guys like Austin Collie to make the team. Nothing guaranteed for him.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be shocked if either guy makes either team. I think Jenkins has a better shot at making the Chiefs because our WR depth is so god awful though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS11toFG21 View Post
A name that comes to mind is Rashaun Woods.
He actually was on the team for two years. IR the 2nd one.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Guy 49ers: Draft WR in the First Round. Trade him a year later so he can have a fresh start.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Good Guy 49ers: Draft WR in the First Round. Trade him a year later so he can have a fresh start.
What I'm saying is I think they would rather trade him than having to cut him and humiliate the kid after being a 1st round pick the previous year. From all accounts, everyone in and around the organization liked AJ and said he was a humble, hard-working guy. I think they wanted to see him land on his feet. That's not unheard of.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He was looking really bad.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I doubt the organization feels like they owe AJ anything. They're not going to go out of their way to send him to a bad/hopeless situation but come on...i think the #1 factor is money (Baldwin's deal is a bit cheaper) and #2 is to take a chance on Baldwin. I think AJ's deal is guaranteed for 2 years while Baldwin's guaranteed for 1. Helps us out a little when we need to re-sign Kaep/Aldon. But Baldwin is going to have fight guys like Austin Collie to make the team. Nothing guaranteed for him.
Yeah I think Baldwin isn't making the team anyways. So we essentially cut Jenkins.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Closed Thread