Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I need brown loafers in the 100 dollar range. Light brown, almost tan.

Any suggestions?
for what setting? work?

if not for work, i'd recommend driving moccasins. they're essentially adult slip-ons that look good. it could be appropriate for work in some settings.

http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Mens.../dp/B0030MIZ5W
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=13315468
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=12482209

i really like these but they say nike air on them..
http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...papaya-leather

Last edited by thefalconer : 12-05-2013 at 12:42 PM.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
for what setting? work?

if not for work, i'd recommend driving moccasins. they're essentially adult slip-ons that look good. it could be appropriate for work in some settings.

http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Mens.../dp/B0030MIZ5W
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=13315468
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=12482209

i really like these but they say nike air on them..
http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...papaya-leather
Yeah I'm looking for something more professional. Like what Rob likes but not a ridiculous price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/JD-Fisk-Hardy-...illsboro+shoes

Damn man, Jackthreads is usually just full of tan loafers for super good deals. I just actually posted a ton for Fenikz like a week or 2 ago and they are all out.

Thought I would find some crazy amount of dope shoes for you, but Im super embarrassed haha.
Jackthreads just had a great sale on shoes, and I missed it. So pissed about that.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was able to snag some Clarks DBs for $74 with Urban Outfitters's Cyber Monday sale. *fist pump*
Old 12-02-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a pair of dark brown shoes from Kent Wang, but it's hard to justify spending the extra cash on them when I can get a pair of dark brown AE seconds for less than half the price.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want a pair of dark brown shoes from Kent Wang, but it's hard to justify spending the extra cash on them when I can get a pair of dark brown AE seconds for less than half the price.
I thought they were ~the same price (?). AEs do go on sale a lot, and I don't really pay attention to KW's, though.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is why the majority of my shoes are AE despite me being very meh on them overall. Eventually it will be all better stuff, but I am many years away from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I thought they were ~the same price (?). AEs do go on sale a lot, and I don't really pay attention to KW's, though.
Not even close. I mean, sure if you are buying full price, 1st quality AEs, but I would strongly advise against that.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-02-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is why the majority of my shoes are AE despite me being very meh on them overall. Eventually it will be all better stuff, but I am many years away from that.
AEs get the job done. And they have a nice repair service. The only thing I hate about them are the laces, but it is what it is. It's hard justifying spending the extra cash, it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Kents are around 350 for their benchmarks, and 450 for their handgrades. AEs you can get for around 150 sometimes 125 if you get seconds, which I would highly recommend.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys just need to find a cobbler.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
You guys just need to find a cobbler.
You mean a bespoke shoemaker? They exist. And they are damn expensive. Like add a zero to the prices above expensive.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

These shoes should last a long time. I have 3 pairs of dailies, then I have my nice pairs I save for appropriate occasions. My dailies are AE seconds that are versatile.

I have a pair of stacy adams that I had before I got into shoes that holds me down for bad weather days as well. So far they've been holding up well bc I've been caring for them. But I can see them falling apart in 2 years. They're starting to scuff up and lose their color. The sole is still holding up though.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 My Aldens. I want more, but my wallet (and how much I'd actually wear them) does not agree.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Ugh. I fell in love with a pair of 1000 Mile cap-toes that I will never let myself buy.

My current job didn't lend itself well to much of the AE line.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The thing I can't stand about AEs is the quality of their laces. Their laces are terrible. I've been trying to look for better laces but I don't know where to get them or what to get.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've never had an issue w. AEs laces, but there are tons of places that sell good laces (for example, the hanger project).

I don't really care for AE's lasts....just not all that sleek. The leather is relatively stiff as well, which makes a big difference. The leather quality of my Vass and G&G shoes (and even Carmina) just blows AE out of the water - as it should considering the price point.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

A thicker flatter lace would just look nicer and also stay laced longer. The Kent Wang laces are perfect, I asked them where they get them from and they told me they'd send me a couple with my last purchase but they never did

:(
Old 12-04-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
A thicker flatter lace would just look nicer and also stay laced longer. The Kent Wang laces are perfect, I asked them where they get them from and they told me they'd send me a couple with my last purchase but they never did

:(
You could re-write KW. Their customer service is exceptional.

But, yeah....check out the flat laces on hanger project. I think that's what you're after.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never get tired of white on white Air Forces. They are a chore to maintain though. I usually wear them according to the weather and simply stick to an old pair I have or something else.

I've seen these Jordans on Ebay I'd like to cop.

Also I want to try these Mexico 66's from Onitsuka Tiger.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bought these bad boys after having worn them in brown for a long time:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
You could re-write KW. Their customer service is exceptional.

But, yeah....check out the flat laces on hanger project. I think that's what you're after.
Trust me, when you go to their pop up shop to get your next suit done, you're gonna love it. They treat their customers really well. I dealt with Aaron, and he's great.

The "pop up shop" is just a studio they put some of their selection in, but don't let that fool you. The product and service is great.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Trust me, when you go to their pop up shop to get your next suit done, you're gonna love it. They treat their customers really well. I dealt with Aaron, and he's great.

The "pop up shop" is just a studio they put some of their selection in, but don't let that fool you. The product and service is great.
Yeah. I'll probably treat myself to a new suit in April after the bonus money comes through. I actually think I have enough shoes at the moment.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna get nice casual shoes that I can wear with jeans and polos or even just solid T-shirts.

My days of spending big bucks on shoes are long gone so anything around $100 would be nice.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I wanna get nice casual shoes that I can wear with jeans and polos or even just solid T-shirts.

My days of spending big bucks on shoes are long gone so anything around $100 would be nice.
Get some chukkas. You could get AEs if you find a deal, but Clarks or whatever should be fine.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get some chukkas. You could get AEs if you find a deal, but Clarks or whatever should be fine.
Yeah, perfect. Found some real nice Clark's

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We have been talking about shoes too much today. Now I am considering pulling the trigger on a pair of Enzo Bonafe wingtips that are on sale.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I bought some of these recently, Clarks montacute.
http://cdn3.volusion.com/kpedf.efdkn...jpg?1407484058

Need to figure out how to care for them.