Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we are going to be terrible, but I am still excited for Raider football. Pryor is going to make a ton of mistakes but his ability will make it fun at times.

I will also like to see McKenzie get another draft, and I'd also like to see Chucky's lil bro as our next head coach. B)

PS - Looks like Watson is out of Sunday's game, so Barnes will probably move the left and Pashos will start at RT. This could be really bad haha
Old 09-05-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping we aren't as bad as 2006. That season was hard to watch.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have a link for today's game? I don't even know why I am asking for this lol
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I'm just hoping we aren't as bad as 2006. That season was hard to watch.
Nothing can be as bad as Tom Walsh's offense. I'd be a better offensive coordinator than what he was.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's hoping Christo does something productive.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Nothing can be as bad as Tom Walsh's offense. I'd be a better offensive coordinator than what he was.
The fact Shoop's offense was an upgrade over Walsh tells you something.

And again. Shoop would have been the worst offense in the past 2 decades if not for Walsh.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Terrelle Pryor...awareness of a ******** dog. He can kiss my ass and go to hell.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we played better than I thought we would. Pryor exceeded my expectations, but he's still not a good passer. He needs to work on decision making and awareness like R4L said. He did make some nice plays when he scrambled around until the play broke down, but when he was in situations where he's in the pocket and had to pass longer than 10 yards, he didn't look so good.

The clock management was piss poor. After taking the sack on the final drive with a little over a minute left, the offense was just standing around and wasted like 30 seconds. Pryor needs to get them to hurry up or no huddle or something. I was friggin screaming at the TV when that happened. He also had a delay of game penalty today so that's definitely something Pryor should work on in practice.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
**** Terrelle Pryor...awareness of a ******** dog. He can kiss my ass and go to hell.
He was much better than what I expected though. He is the quarterback we need now, to be honest. Flynn would have gotten murdered yesterday.

Our offensive line is pretty much ****, and so is our run defense. If the Colts had decided to run the ball more, I think they would have done a lot better.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I know. Was just mad that we had a shot and lost.

my bad lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy to see Pryor's progress and the way he handles himself. There is no doubt he gives us the best chance to win this year. The defense started to make plays in the 2nd half which didn't happen at all last year. Next week we play probably the worst team in the NFL at home, if we can't beat the Jags I will be flipping out lol.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts D was dead tired in the 2nd half due to Pryors running, it was quite hilarious.

We should have probably ran DMC a bit more in the 2nd half. And if Pryor would have made a just a couple better decisions, we could have def won that game.

It was fun though.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way premature to be worried about McKenzie's job security. We only just began this rebuild last offseason. This was the plan all along, and I'm sure Mark Davis had that explained to him.

Last year and this year, we're fighting with one hand tied behind our backs. Next year, with a healthy cap and a full compliment of draft picks (more or less), is when McKenzie will truly be able to start making some moves.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Pryor homer. I don't think he's going to become a legitimate NFL starter. That being said, if he keeps doing things like that, I'll be a fan regardless.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Menelik Watson is out a month after knee surgery, I hope he can return to how he looked against Seattle. If he can pan out and Veldheer return to form we might finally have our bookends set for a long time.

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

We need some more Bilukidi

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Way premature to be worried about McKenzie's job security. We only just began this rebuild last offseason. This was the plan all along, and I'm sure Mark Davis had that explained to him.

Last year and this year, we're fighting with one hand tied behind our backs. Next year, with a healthy cap and a full compliment of draft picks (more or less), is when McKenzie will truly be able to start making some moves.
Ken Herock and Ron Wolf recommended McKenzie for the job. Wolf and Herock were two of Al's confidants going all the way back to the 60s. There's no way Mark Davis even thinks of pulling the plug this early.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I really wanted Wolf to jump ship

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-15-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

It's nice to win I guess, but I really wanted that #1 pick. Unfortunately, the Jags look pretty friggin bad.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The passing game is pitiful

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Bilukidi got a sack!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously R4L, he'll get 4 tonight.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

That was fun. I'm glad I had my lube ready.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I wish we could just have Clowney on our team. It's so frustrating watching this defense not generate any type of pass rush

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-24-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

I think Pryor is decent and all, but I really don't see him being our franchise QB. At most, if we gave him a good defense and more talent on offense I think we could be a solid 10-6 team with him.

I'd still keep him next year though (unless we got a chance to grab Bridgewater, or maybe Mariotta or Boyd on the 2nd round and make him compete) and give him some talent to see what we can do.