Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fantasy re-draft for your own team: drop a bust, add a player.

Simple rules, might be fun. We'll say over the past 5 years. (more likely they'd still be with the team that drafted them, basically. I know that having better players would change team's draft position over the years, but this is just a fun exercise.) For any player who is any sort of bust, you can drop him and take a player who went between that slot and the next time your team picked. And we'll say it can only apply through the first 4 rounds. Meaning: you can drop a guy your team picked in the fourth and pick up a player who went somewhere before your team's next pick. If your team missed on a guy and picked again only three slots later or something, that's too bad. Your team just sucks. (I say the player has to come before your team's next pick so people don't go crazy and just name UDFA/super-late round players who surprised everybody. I figure this way there will be a greater variety of players named.)

For the Seahawks:

2012: n/a
2011: John Moffitt (75th) for Jurrell Casey (77th) ; Chris Durham (107th) for Cecil Shorts (114th)
2010: Walter Thurmond (111th) for Geno Atkins (120th)
2009: Aaron Curry (4th) for Clay Matthews (26th) ; Deon Butler (91st) for Henry Melton (105th)
2008: Lawrence Jackson (28th) for Dustin Keller (30th) ; John Carlson (38th) for Jamaal Charles (73rd)

Alternate-reality Seahawks:

Jurrell Casey
Cecil Shorts
Geno Atkins
Clay Matthews III
Henry Melton
Dustin Keller
Jamaal Charles
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty easy, draft Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2011: Watt over Locker would be nice. Getting one of the best Defensive players in the league and taking him from a rival as well.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love playing Captain Hindsight!

2008: Branden Albert instead of Chris Williams. I wanted it back then and I'm still pissed they chose wrong.
2009: Michael Johnson instead of Jarron Gilbert. Wanted this one too and the Bears disappointed me again.
2010: Jimmy Graham instead of Major Wright. I liked the pick then and Wright hasn't been a bust. But Graham is better.
2011: Muhammad Wilkerson over Gabe Carimi. Gabe Carimi is already off the team so any number of guys would be better. The shame is I loved this pick.
2012: David DeCastro over Shea McClellin. Hated the McClellin. I thought there was no way DeCastro would fall to us. When we passed on him, I flipped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2011: Colin Kaepernick instead of Derek Sherrod.

Boom, no Kaepernick running wild over the Packers last winter.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
pretty easy, draft Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus
Johnson or Adrian Peterson?
I don't see that as pretty easy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
If McFadden could stay healthy, this is an easy choice. But here is the solution.

2007: Johnson over Russell
2008: Flacco over McFadden
2009: LeSean McCoy over Michael Mitchell

Looking at the Raiders drafts is depressing. 2009 is one of the worst drafts I've ever seen. Since 2004, they have drafted one pro bowler (Zach Miller).

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
well, either one would be good. Id go with Johnson just because star wide receivers are harder to find and have longer shelf lives, but both are future HOFers, so either would work...

But yes, like jrdrylie said, if I was to redo a few raider drafts, their team could be ridiculously stacked. Its just crazy how many great players we passed on for a bunch of guys who never amounted to much and arent even on the team anymore
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
2011: Colin Kaepernick instead of Derek Sherrod.

Boom, no Kaepernick running wild over the Packers last winter.
How about you try one that doesn't involve a Rodger's led team taking a 2nd round QB?

Vikings would love that douche bag QB in 2005 over Troy Williamson though. Or over Erasmus James. Or Demarcus Ware. Or literally 50 players in that draft over those two bums.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
2009 is one of the worst drafts I've ever seen.
I'm not sure if you mean the Raiders' draft or the 2009 talent pool overall, but as I was looking through the selections I was definitely thinking the latter. There was really not a lot of talent at the top of that draft. There are some nice players scattered throughout, but 2009 was a very weak year.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
How about you try one that doesn't involve a Rodger's led team taking a 2nd round QB?

Vikings would love that douche bag QB in 2005 over Troy Williamson though. Or over Erasmus James. Or Demarcus Ware. Or literally 50 players in that draft over those two bums.
Yeah we had two chances to draft him and we passed for two huge busts. 2005 Draft is the worst draft in Vikings History.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm not sure if you mean the Raiders' draft or the 2009 talent pool overall, but as I was looking through the selections I was definitely thinking the latter. There was really not a lot of talent at the top of that draft. There are some nice players scattered throughout, but 2009 was a very weak year.
I was more talking about the Raiders draft. This was a very good receiver year. Maybe no huge star was drafted but a bunch of very good receivers came out of it. There were some solid tackles taken too. But the lack of high level QBs definitely hurts. Nice pass rushers though between Orakpo, Matthews, and Melton.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be a while for the Pats.

2011: Pick 33-Stefen Wisniewski over Ras-I Dowling. I wanted Wisniewski bad that year, our OL play has been good but adding a top center would make a huge difference. Torrey Smith would be nice too, thought about him over Vereen but we expect big things from Vereen this year.

2010: Pick 53-Carlos Dunlap over Jermaine Cunningham. Dunlap went to the Bengals on the next pick. Damn it.

2011: Pick 95-Jimmy Graham over Taylor Price. Our next pick was Hernandez and Price didn't do anything, so yeah. Pick 96 was Navorro Bowman too. This one hurts.

2009: ******* 2009. Byrd, Barwin, and Wallace were three of my favorite prospects in this class.
Pick 34-Jairus Byrd over Patrick Chung
Pick 41-Connor Barwin over Darius Butler.
Pick 83-Mike Wallace over Brandon Tate. Wallace was taken with the VERY NEXT PICK.
Pick 97-Henry Melton over Tyrone McKenzie.

2008:
Pick 62-Jamaal Charles over Terrence Wheatley.
Pick 78-Red Bryant over Shawn Crable

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drop Mendenhall, add Calais Campbell
Drop Sweed, Add Jamaal Charles

Drop Evander Hood, Add Jarius Byrd

Drop Jason Worilds, Add Sean Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
2011: Watt over Locker would be nice. Getting one of the best Defensive players in the league and taking him from a rival as well.
Watt was the #2 player on my board behind Cam Newton (who we pretty much knew was going #1).

I had in my head we'd go Watt and then go with a veteran QB and go with a guy like Mallett in round 2.

It didn't work out like that, but at this point in time I'm still glad we went Locker instead of Gabbert or Ponder.
mightytitan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated watt, thought hed be Adam Carriker.

Win some, lose some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots
2010: - NaVarro Bowman over Taylor Price, Bowman was literally the next pick after price. - Stevie Brown over Zac Robinson, once again Brown was the next pick after Robinson.

2009: - 2nd round picks Jairus Byrd, Connor Barwin, William Moore and Paul Kruger over any of the Patriots actual 2nd round picks who were selected before the guys I just listed. The Patriots took Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, and Darius Butler.

2008: - Thomas DeCoud over Kevin O'Connell.

2006: - Pretty much any of the other 1st round picks that were selected after Laurence Maroney. - Roman Harper, Greg Jennings, Devin Hester, MJD, or Tim Jennings instead of Chad Jackson.

I'm not a Dolphins fan but a lot of my friends are and I live in the area so I'm kind of forced to follow the team via local media, e.g. newspaper local TV. I can't remember a more frustrating draft than the 2010 draft. I remember a lot of people scratching their heads when Parcells and Ireland took Koa Misi and AJ Edds, Edds didn't even make the team. Gronkowski ended up going two picks after Misi and Atkins was the pick that immediately followed Edds' selection.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I remember a lot of people scratching their heads when Parcells and Ireland took Koa Misi and AJ Edds, Edds didn't even make the team. Gronkowski ended up going two picks after Misi and Atkins was the pick that immediately followed Edds' selection.
that's brutal.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets:

2008: Chris Johnson over Vernon The Bust Gholston: Really anything is better than the bust Gholston and while Johnson going 6th would have been unrealistic....he was the best player that went after us that's around our pick. That draft was pretty bad looking back at it.

B. Flowers or Matt Forte over Dustin Keller: Keller was always a decent player but nothing special(Sucks what happened to him in preseason)...the other two are killers.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was tempting DURING the draft, but I ultimately was OK with the decision, but now if I could go back

Pack draft Dez Bryant over Bryan Bulaga.