Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-19-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plan on watching an extended take of Timmy Jernigan. He has all the talent to be the #1 3-tech this year but his "value" is still fluid.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamarcus Joyner!!!! I WANT!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Lamarcus Joyner!!!! I WANT!!!!
I second this....what a play maker

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want:
DL
OLB
OG
RB
QB
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a bit of extra time this morning and wrote up a mock :)

Pre-draft notes: George Selvie happily signs a reasonable deal to keep him in Dallas where he has rekindled his talent. Raves about Rod Marinelli and the announcement that he is remaining with the team after being promoted to Ast DC/DC-in-waiting.

1st: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor:

Massive man that will immediately fill in for the retiring Brian Waters (projected). Despite being 335 pounds he is incredibly nimble and has experience playing LT for the high-flying Bears when RGIII was around. An absolute nightmare for defenders when in a phone booth the center of the offensive line should be akin to a bulldozer. With Frederick and Richardson shoulder to shoulder Dallas can return to running the HB dives, and dive-fakes that the team utilized for much of Garrett's first few years with the team.

2nd: Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State:

One of my favorite prospects last year has fallen out of favor this year after packing on un-needed weight. After being told by the advisory board he was a projected 5th round pick he intensely bulked up to better suit traditional DTs. It has not suited him well. He is currently listed at 305 however after some conditioning and offseason agility drills I would expect him to settle in the 285-290 region. Sutton is remarkably quick off the snap even with the almost 40 pounds he gained in the offseason and is adept at splitting double teams.

3rd: Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

Another pre-season potential first rounder who has slipped. Has immense quickness and can bend very well however has been stymied after initial contact with lineman. His main issue at this stage is disengaging as well as countering his speed rush. Under Marinelli's tutelage Jeffcoat could be another steal from this draft.

4th: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

This is not a Romo replacement. We will not be paying Kyle Orton's cap hit much longer and the team continues its tradition of taking highly capable QBs in the 4th round. Garoppolo has an extremely quick release, like another QB from Eastern Illinois, and is highly intelligent running the majority of the offense from the huddle. He also loves to take shots down the field and has plenty of arm to do so. Expect him to be much higher than this if he continues on his warpath and successfully wades through pre-draft workouts.

Game versus Northern Illinois: Started it as the next few plays highlight his arm, play fakes, pump fakes, and deep touch.

5th: Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana

Very intelligent football player. Consistent praise as a team captain and weight room junkie. Very quick to diagnose and react to plays unfolding and has excellent burst to close down the ball carrier. I was looking a bunch of OLBs and graded out people with the "Sean Lee" vision much higher than those without and decided best value was in the 5th with Tripp.

6th: Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton

Has played every position on the line and has typically drawn doubles while he does it. Excellent lateral quickness and speed for an interior lineman and generally a wrecking ball in the middle of the line. Is a tackle-for-loss waiting to happen although his aggressive nature has a tendency to get run out of misdirection plays. Ivy league connection doesn't hurt right?

We have multiple 7ths and I'm going to be honest it's getting to the part where I have to look up any potential prospect I'd select rather than actually having formed an opinion :) Closer to draft time this will be a lot easier.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the effort Troggy! Nice write ups!

I keep yearning for an OL with dreads. I like what I hear about Richardson, but I haven't seen Baylor play this year.

I think we all to some degree are hanging onto Sutton's magnificent 2012 season to justify us taking him in our mocks despite everyone else knocking his stock down. I like to see you take advantage of that fall by mocking him here. If we got him in Round 2, I would be singing praises.

Jeffcoat is a guy I just can't get onboard with for some reason. Maybe it's because I never saw him as a 1st rounder in the first place, so I don't see a great value in him in Round 3. I think Round 3 is right where he was all along. Maybe a little higher or a little lower. If I saw a little more explosiveness or exceptional power, I might be more amped up on him, but he seems very average. Not sure he gets the same recognition with a different last name and school.

Only thing I know about Garapollo is in his thread in the NFL Prospects forum. As a backup QB, I'm fine with the way Jerry has handled it so far. Cheap backup retread QBs who aren't so green, will work for me. However, if they think they can get a future starting QB then I'd be game for that.

Don't know anything about Tripp or Reid but these mocks are great for bringing up the names of the small school prospects we like!

Nice job overall.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

All I gotta say is use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd for big men with the rare exception of hyper talented Safety drops into our laps or QB.

OL
DL
LB
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is a safety going to play?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You dont think we need an upgrade there?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think the majority of us still cling to the idea that there is a sparkling FS in the mold of Earl Thomas/Ed Reed/Darren Woodson that can come to our rescue and at that moment in time we will finally have a safety who can shutdown the deep ball forevermore.

I must say that I was impressed with Wilcox on Sunday. As a rookie late 3rd rounder from a small school, he is stepping into that role and definitely exceeding expectations. If he keeps it up, I think we will all feel very blessed.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think the majority of us still cling to the idea that there is a sparkling FS in the mold of Earl Thomas/Ed Reed/Darren Woodson that can come to our rescue and at that moment in time we will finally have a safety who can shutdown the deep ball forevermore.

I must say that I was impressed with Wilcox on Sunday. As a rookie late 3rd rounder from a small school, he is stepping into that role and definitely exceeding expectations. If he keeps it up, I think we will all feel very blessed.
This. Unless an elite centerfielder fell into our lap I'm passing on safeties this year. Wilcox has shown himself to be capable and has an elite ceiling athletically. :) He's the reason I passed on taking a safety in this mock.

And thank you D! Definitely look up film on Richardson he's fun to watch.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im talking about Church. Ive just never got why coaches are so high on him. Im not much of a fan.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Im talking about Church. Ive just never got why coaches are so high on him. Im not much of a fan.
Same. He's ok as long as things are in front of him, but there's nothing about him that separates him from the Gerald Sensabaugh's, Abram Elam's, Ken Hamlin's of the world.

But it was my imagination that Wilcox would supplant Church and a genie would pop out of a lamp for us at FS! ;)

I'm keeping tabs on guys like Antone Exum, Lamarcus Joyner and even some of the bigger CBs who could possible move to S.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same. He's ok as long as things are in front of him, but there's nothing about him that separates him from the Gerald Sensabaugh's, Abram Elam's, Ken Hamlin's of the world.

But it was my imagination that Wilcox would supplant Church and a genie would pop out of a lamp for us at FS! ;)

I'm keeping tabs on guys like Antone Exum, Lamarcus Joyner and even some of the bigger CBs who could possible move to S.
I'm keeping a keen eye on Justin Gilbert as a guy who might translate to FS at the next level. Very physical and doesn't shy away from contact. At 6'0 210 lbs he has the size and athleticism to match up with most tightends. If you watch him in the open field you can see that he plays faster then his estimated 4.5 forty. Looks to have the 'extra gear' when he needs too. Had success in his soph year getting his hands on the ball. Playing on the back end should only help him in that dept.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our safety situation looks pretty bright.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our depth is horrible. We can always use another body and a guy who has coverage ability.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Our depth is horrible. We can always use another body and a guy who has coverage ability.
Maybe so but that seems a bit greedy. No body has good depth at that position.

Even though we don't have depth there, the position is so much stronger than it has been in years, it isn't even funny.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some early morning draft reading.

Looking for a ballhawking safety? I give you Ty Zimmerman. Read here he was a top QB recruit coming out of high school.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/Moun...=2&build=cache
Quote:
Zimmerman ended up watching the 2009 season from the sideline as a greyshirt, but he started 12 games at safety as a freshman and was a freshman All-American. Last year, he was first-team all-Big 12 and made a variety of All-America teams. He's one of the best defensive players in the conference and projects as a middle round pick in the next NFL draft.

He's stayed familiar with quarterbacks, too. Zimmerman has 11 interceptions, a big number for a safety. Safeties are usually just that, players positioned in the back of the defense to make sure things don't get out of control. They tackle trouble, and Zimmerman's done that without fail. He has 226 career tackles, including 44 this season and 74 in 2010.
I talked about DE - Michael Sam on the last page. Ran across a write up. Comparisons are Mathis and Freeney and he could be had in the mid rounds. Don't say i didn't tell you so ;)

Quote:
The player that Sam most resembles is Robert Mathis of the Indianapolis Colts. They are both undersized left ends who thrive on their explosive ability and speed to get around the edge and pressure the quarterback. Mathis is actually about 10lbs lighter than Sam. This does not mean that Sam is going to be Robert Mathis, but the type of game he plays is extremely similar to the style of game Mathis plays. Before they switched to the 3-4, the Colts had Mathis and Dwight Freeney operate in their 4-3 much the same as Missouri does with theirs ends.
http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/10/...ding%20on%20FS

Mid rounds interior OL help. Guard Jon Halapio almost had his eye poked out and didn't leave the game.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1362357026
Quote:
Then-coach Urban Meyer said during that season, “He’s one of our most improved players on the team, just the way he practices, his work ethic, his toughness. He’s going to be a really, really fine offensive lineman.”
Halapio developed into the cornerstone Meyer expected and started every game for the Gators in 2011 and 2012. He was Florida’s only offensive player recognized in preseason voting, selected to the All-SEC second team by the league’s coaches in August.
His size, he is 6-foot-3 and 321 pounds, and consistency have made him an NFL prospect. WalterFootball.com grades Halapio as the ninth best available guard in the 2014 NFL Draft and projects him to be at least a mid-round selection.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/10/...ding%20on%20FS

Mid rounds interior OL help. Guard Jon Halapio almost had his eye poked out and didn't leave the game.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1362357026
What the what??? He almost had his eye poked out and he stayed in the game?!!!! BAD ASS.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

I talked about DE - Michael Sam on the last page. Ran across a write up. Comparisons are Mathis and Freeney and he could be had in the mid rounds. Don't say i didn't tell you so ;)
Good call on Michael Sam. I've already decided despite his tweener status he will be in the majority of my Cowboy mocks from now til May.

I think he could actually play SAM on run downs, DE on pass downs. If nothing else, a situational pass rusher. We need to add some more attitude to this Defense, Sean Lee can't do it on his own.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do not agree. Most of our guys excel coming forward and struggle going backwards. In the age of 5 WR sets, the Cowboys FO has decided to constantly go with two Strong Safeties. We need a true Free back there.

Wilcox shows flashes but he's still raw and suited for SS.

Church is too slow and takes horrible angles. The more field he has to cover, the worse he looks.

Johnson is made of glass.

McCray is awful.

Heath is a try-hard guy who is limited athletically.

Jakar Hamilton is exactly who we thought he was, an undrafted free agent off the Practice Squad.

This defense needs smart safeties who can cover ground in a hurry. We definitely need to upgrade here. Can't keep taking shortcuts at the position.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Default Finishing 7-9

I predict that injuries and inefficiency in the defense leads to losses to the Saints, Green Bay, Washington, Philadelphia and Chicago.

1) Stephon Tuitt ND, 6'6 312lbs DL- Tuitt brings explosiveness, pass rush and versatility to the defensive line. With the ability to play LE, 3-tech, or NT Marinelli gets a toy to shift around to take advantage of matchups. Needs to continue to improve against the run game and has a history of being washed out of plays. Has the skills to be a dominant force once he settles into a position.

2) Zach Martin ND, 6'4 310lbs OG- Starter at LT in college that lacks the length/ elite athleticism to defend against NFL level edge rushers. Still a solid athlete with good feet that can use solid technique to translate inside to guard. Not afraid to finish a block and plays with a chip on his shoulder, has enough strengh to get a push in the run game.

3) Dominique Easley FL, 6'2 290lbs DT- Great first step and possesses a high motor that runs through the whistle. Active hand fighter, does a nice job of keeping lineman from getting to his body. Undersized for some schemes and is coming off of his second ACL injury will knock him down the board. High ceiling with as much potential as his former teamate Floyd.

4)Jawuan James Tenn, 6'6 318lbs OT- Does not get as much attention as his counterpart Richardson but is a solid prospect in his own right. Decent Athelticism for his size and uses is huge frame to wall off defenders in pass protection. Gets nice push in the run game when he gets low and can improve once his technique improves. Parnell might become a cap casuality and we need to start developing someone to take over for Free.

5) Trevor Reilly Utah, 6'5 255lbs DE- Top end athlete that fits right into Marinelli's rushmen theme. On the thin side for the next level and will need to improve on his stength to become consistent. Rely's to much on his speed rush and will need to develop more pass rush moves.

6)Jeremy Deering Rutgers, 6'1 200lbs FS- High end athlete that doubles as a kick returner and is a converted WR/RB. Still learing this position but has the potential to become a ball hawk in the secondary due to his plus ball skills and route recongnition from being a former WR.

7)Trey Millard OK, 6'2 255lbs FB- I'm a believer that we need to carry a true full back on the roster. Millard is coming off of a mojor injury but has a history of being a jack of all at the position. He is a good lead blocker with the size to bounce linebackers out of the hole. Also has soft hands out of the backfield and is an option as a short yardage back.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 10-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I predict that injuries and inefficiency in the defense leads to losses to the Saints, Green Bay, Washington, Philadelphia and Chicago.

1) Stephon Tuitt ND, 6'6 312lbs DL- Tuitt brings explosiveness, pass rush and versatility to the defensive line. With the ability to play LE, 3-tech, or NT Marinelli gets a toy to shift around to take advantage of matchups. Needs to continue to improve against the run game and has a history of being washed out of plays. Has the skills to be a dominant force once he settles into a position.

2) Zach Martin ND, 6'4 310lbs OG- Starter at LT in college that lacks the length/ elite athleticism to defend against NFL level edge rushers. Still a solid athlete with good feet that can use solid technique to translate inside to guard. Not afraid to finish a block and plays with a chip on his shoulder, has enough strengh to get a push in the run game.

3) Dominique Easley FL, 6'2 290lbs DT- Great first step and possesses a high motor that runs through the whistle. Active hand fighter, does a nice job of keeping lineman from getting to his body. Undersized for some schemes and is coming off of his second ACL injury will knock him down the board. High ceiling with as much potential as his former teamate Floyd.

4)Jawuan James Tenn, 6'6 318lbs OT- Does not get as much attention as his counterpart Richardson but is a solid prospect in his own right. Decent Athelticism for his size and uses is huge frame to wall off defenders in pass protection. Gets nice push in the run game when he gets low and can improve once his technique improves. Parnell might become a cap casuality and we need to start developing someone to take over for Free.

5) Trevor Reilly Utah, 6'5 255lbs DE- Top end athlete that fits right into Marinelli's rushmen theme. On the thin side for the next level and will need to improve on his stength to become consistent. Rely's to much on his speed rush and will need to develop more pass rush moves.

6)Jeremy Deering Rutgers, 6'1 200lbs FS- High end athlete that doubles as a kick returner and is a converted WR/RB. Still learing this position but has the potential to become a ball hawk in the secondary due to his plus ball skills and route recongnition from being a former WR.

7)Trey Millard OK, 6'2 255lbs FB- I'm a believer that we need to carry a true full back on the roster. Millard is coming off of a mojor injury but has a history of being a jack of all at the position. He is a good lead blocker with the size to bounce linebackers out of the hole. Also has soft hands out of the backfield and is an option as a short yardage back.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Witten4HOF again.
A++ Love it!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Nice timing! I was about to put out a mock with Tuitt in it too. Like hearing we're on the same wavelength.

If Easley lasts to Round 3 that might be the biggest steal of the draft. I love the intensity that he plays with. The injury was devastating for Florida. Would love to have him here even if we spent a 2nd rounder on him.

The other names are neat mentions. Can't say that I know much about them outside of Martin.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Nice timing! I was about to put out a mock with Tuitt in it too. Like hearing we're on the same wavelength.

If Easley lasts to Round 3 that might be the biggest steal of the draft. I love the intensity that he plays with. The injury was devastating for Florida. Would love to have him here even if we spent a 2nd rounder on him.

The other names are neat mentions. Can't say that I know much about them outside of Martin.
I think Easley's range is late second to mid third. It is tough because he has 1st round potential with major injury red flags. This is his second ACL injury in three years, thankfully they are on separate knees. Having injured himself at the end of Sept he will be on pace to be "healthy" next October. Meaning not only did he miss the majority of the season he will most likely miss prodays, combine, mini camps and training camp.

I know we essentially had the same discussions last year about Tank Carradine (who just got cleared to play for the 49ers). His draft stock got as high as top ten hype but he ended up slipping all the way to 40. I'd expect the same with Easley who was in the late 1st/ early 2nd range pre injury. His hype will get him looks as high as the the second but the medical charts will knock him down a round.