Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a great game that was one of the best Colts games I've seen in a while. However they really need to open up the offense a bit more, watching Richardson run for 2 yards in a power I is really starting to get old, and we seem to be at our best when we put the game in Lucks hands.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Charger's defense seems to be lousy in many facets. Would like to see the entire team play 4 quarters and not start slow. Bradshaw is on IR and the team added a RB and LB to the active roster and also activated Rollin' Brazil.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, these guys can't catch a cold tonight.

D is struggling also.l
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a game to forget, I'm not sure what was more irritating, all of the drops or the stupid penalties on defense. At least Richardson looked better and actually had more then 3 yards a carry.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awful. Nothing executed correctly. WRs couldn't catch and our D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Early penalties hurt badly. Congrats on to Reggie on 1,000 catches. The injury to Freeman hurt us quite a bit in the 2nd half. The need for Werner/2nd outside pass rushing threat was pretty glaring tonight. Team will have to play 10x better or Peyton will run us right out of the Luke on Sunday night.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys forgot to mention the coaching in yesterday's debacle.

Our D can't get off the field. Chargers are eating away the clock. We need to maximize each drive and each minute that our O is on the field.

So what do we do?

We call predictable Power I and try to beat them 2-3 yards at a time.

Even announcers are making comments about it. Gruden all but called out Pep. "They are at their best with Luck making plays. They need to do away with the Power I, unbalanced formations."

Refusing to make adjustments when situation SCREAMS for it is just ridiculous.

And it was the case on the defensive side of the ball yesterday also.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense is simple to fix. But it means our stubborn coaches will have to be humble and admit fault which I'm not sure they can do yet. Ugh.

- Bench Satele, or better yet cut him so the temptation to let him play is gone.
- Move McGlynn to center.
- Start Reitz at LG and Thornton at RG. When Reitz gets injured, start Linkenbach.
- Leave the extra lineman on the bench unless it's 3rd and 1 or we're punching it in for a TD.
- Keep Hilton in the game all the time.
- Call runs and passes out of similar formations so the defense doesn't know what is coming.
- Let Luck adjust the offense based on his reads, if not fully then at least more than right before halftime and/or the end of the 4th.

As for the defense they clearly have their issues stopping the run and generating pressure, and losing Freeman (and making Conner inactive?!) hurt a lot. But even still they held the Chargers to 19 points. This offense with these players should be able to score more than 19 points.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Pep Hamilton makes me miss Bruce Arians.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Arians would've been the perfect complement to Pagano. Unchecked his offense got stupid, but restrained I think it could've been excellent.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I liked the aggressiveness of Arian's play calling but his scheme left Luck vulnerable to lots of hits. Combined with our ever leaky offensive line and you have what we had last year - lots of big plays but a lack of check down passes and Luck running for this life. I'm not ready to ditch Pep's entire scheme after a lackluster game. Pep needs to ditch the jumbo packages early in the game on 1st down, no doubt If you want to wear down teams in the 4th while leading then use that. I like the notion of Wayne, Fleener, Hilton, Heyward B, and T-Rich being on the field at the same time. Ditch our 3rd string TE or whomever was in there on Monday night and sit Havili down till later in the game as well. I like the idea of just ditching Satele all together and moving McGlynn over to Center. He seems more comfortable there and is a major liability as our RG as seen repeatedly in the last season and a half. Why the coaching staff insists on leaving him at RG is beyond me. Grigson really needs to find another couple of interior lineman next off season.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Irsay needs to shut up, seriously.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

Yeah he does, we should start by taking his twitter away. And maybe have someone follow him around and kick him or something when he starts to say something stupid.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
A couple of the plays that I saw yesterday kind of define T-Rich imo.

One was where the play was run to the left with the O-Line pulling there and almost every Seahawk defender shifting into that direction. All Trent had to do was cut back to the right and he would have had 3 blockers against 2 defenders and plenty of room for a nice gain. Instead he just ran into a crowd for a 3-yard loss.

The other play was with Colts' OG (I believe it was Thornton) getting a good push on DT and opening a nice hole for Trent. All T-Rich had to do is wait just a split-second for Thornton to clear his path and he would have ran for a nice gain. Instead he just ran straight ahead and tripped himself for just a 1-yard gain.

Vision and patience.
If TRich doesn't learn to be more patient, he might be a 3 YPC back his whole career.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think his 10 carries vs. SD were some of his best in a Colts jersey and one of the lone bright spots of that terrible game. He has things to work on, and Hamilton needs to stop telegraphing our run plays, but even with the stupid unbalanced formation runs he appeared improved.

As for Irsay I do wish he would shut up, but his comments have been taken out of context and completely blown out of proportion.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I feel like Irsay's comments were more of a shot at Polian than Peyton. He just was saying that he wants the franchise to rest on Luck's shoulders. Poor choices of words and I really hated the dramatic pointing at the ring. All in all I wish he would have just kept his mouth shut. It is funny how Luck is more mature than Irsay.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Awesome win. We have now beat 9ers, Seahawks and Broncos.

- What a game by Vontae Davis. I think you can make the case for Davis being the best cover corner the Colts have had since Ray Buchanan in the 90s.
- Robert Mathis is still the man.
- Great game by Luck. He is getting better with each week.
- The I-formation was actually strangely effective today, but only because it led to several nice play-action plays.
- Donald Brown is running very well. Too bad he can't block to save his life.
- Great job stopping the run on 3rd-and-1s multiple times early in the game. I those plays were VERY important. Broncos couldn't get in rhythm early, which allowed the Colts to build a nice lead.
- Horrible fumble by T-Rich. That could have really cost us.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Lots of heart on display tonight.

I'm really hoping Reggie just sprained his knee and nothing worse. It looked awful in replays.

Our defense made plays when they had to and kept Peyton hurried often.

Our blueprint really resembled the way the '02-'05 Pats use to play us. It worked vs the Broncos and I suspect other teams will copy it.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seeing early indicator on Reggie is torn acl & out for season. If so, we're running low on offensive playmakers. We're going to see a lot of I-formation I think, because that's what we're down to before complete-boneheads are on the field.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Damn, that's really bad news.

With both Reggie and Allen out, we really don't have consistent chain-movers.

All of our other WRs are straight-line speed guys and Fleener is highly inconsistent.

Last edited by MaxV : 10-21-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

There are some big names out there supposedly available for trade but I kinda doubt Grigson will give up his 2nd. I wonder if they'll pick up a mid-level type and hope that the guys on the roster can step their games up. Hilton needs to be more consistent and will need some good routes drawn up for him by Hamilton.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much Brazil can contribute. Also, do we still have a chance of getting DaRick Rodgers back?

Edit: I think someone will step up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Wouldn't be surprised by a FA signing. Brandon Lloyd, Steve Breaston, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if they just promote Whalen to the active roster. I do think a trade for someone like Nicks or Gordon would be surprising, we're low on draft picks next year as it is.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-21-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised by a FA signing. Brandon Lloyd, Steve Breaston, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if they just promote Whalen to the active roster. I do think a trade for someone like Nicks or Gordon would be surprising, we're low on draft picks next year as it is.
Whalen would be the best person to promote as of now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I'd prefer just to promote Whalen as well and go with that. If we bring in another WR at this point it would take a month or more before they're even up to speed. I totally despise the notion of chucking another high draft pic from next year's picks. Richardson had some moments where he moved the chains and carried or made guys missed. At the same time it seems like he turns 8 yard gains into 3 yard scrums.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I'd prefer just to promote Whalen as well and go with that. If we bring in another WR at this point it would take a month or more before they're even up to speed. I totally despise the notion of chucking another high draft pic from next year's picks. Richardson had some moments where he moved the chains and carried or made guys missed. At the same time it seems like he turns 8 yard gains into 3 yard scrums.
Richardson is a bust. Whalen is a guy that I think would be on the same page as luck. We need someone who is up to speed. Whalen would be that guy. Whalen could take the slot from Hilton. Hilton takes WR1. DHB and Brazil fill in WR2.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote: