Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Training camp / Preseason thread

Lets get this forum going again. Training camp is under way. I want to hear from all of you.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep hearing about how great Bill Bentley is doing. I want to see how the secondary shapes up. It should be in its best shape in a long time.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have so much optimism heading into the season. How Reggie will fit into the offense, the improvements in the secondary, the Ansah and rest of the D-line...

My biggest concern right now is the relative lack of depth at WR behind Calvin. I'm hoping for two things to this end: Pettigrew steps up with a big year to take some pressure off the WR group, and that we have far fewer dropped passes than last year. That hurt us immensely.

Also very interested to see how Reiff and Warford play.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I keep hearing about how great Bill Bentley is doing. I want to see how the secondary shapes up. It should be in its best shape in a long time.
I think Bill Bentley and Darius Slay are going to be great.

Who do you think wins the open linebacker spot?

Edit - Also we made it through the off-season with out any major off the field issues. And a guy on the Patriots got arrested for murder so no one can talk about us.

Last edited by Scotty D : 07-29-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noondog, I'm with you on the optimism. I really love our defense, especially the secondary. 2 solid safeties (if/when Delmas is healthy) and 3-4 CB's who all have potential and skill sets to make impacts this year. Our defense has a lot more flexibility in the plays we call and rushing just 4 is no longer going to be an every down thing.

LB core is the weak spot, the plus is again that our Dline should be allowed to play the run a bit better since they shouldn't feel the need to get to the QB immediately to compensate for a horrendous secondary. Quinn has the ability to play TE's a lot so that can alleviate some pressure as well. Tulloch is going to have to step up and be a good leader out there and needs to really be all over the place.

And for the record Scotty, I think Palmer wins it. But would be pleasantly surprised if Whitehead or Lewis won because that would mean they unseated Palmer IMO. Coaching staff can say its wide open all they want, but you have to assume Palmer is penciled in as the only guy who has really seen on field action outside of special teams. I'd love to see Whitehead walk away with it.

Also love seeing Warford already getting some snaps with the 1s. Have him go against Suh and Fairley as much as possible, the best practice he can get.

Hopefully our Dline can alleviate some pressure on the LBs, we have some big DE's with Idonije and and Jones now, combined with Fairley and Suh in the middle the oline should have a difficult time getting to the second level on 1st and 2nd down. We need a big upgrade in our run defense, and that needs to start up front.

Offensively my only concern right now is the Oline and how well they protect Stafford. If Burleson and Broyles can stay healthy our talent at WR doesn't concern me. Sure that's a big if (especially with Broyles) but I'm willing to just wait and see. Pettigrew is in a contract year so I'm hoping for a big year and having Reggie and Scheffler as well gives us plenty of options to catch the ball. But, Stafford has to have some time to let that happen.

Overall, I'm expecting a good year this year, anything but playoffs are a disappointment IMO. Chicago took a step back with a new coach and an aging roster so that's a big plus as well. Maybe I've been way over served on the kool aid but I expect us to make some noise.

Last edited by detroit4life : 07-29-2013 at 11:55 PM.
detroit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any excuses with our team. Our nickel package will ease concerns about linebacker depth. The biggest thing that will help our team is an quick transition for our young talent. Our DEs and corners have to learn quickly and be ready to play.

My money is on Ashlee Palmer. I really liked him a couple years ago, so I guess he is a post-hype sleeper.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-30-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reiff is looking good but he's going against Young and the talented but raw Ansah. Warford seems to be having some pass pro issues and that was petermans problem but Warford seems to learn quickly. Need that solved quickly. RT is fine and they are getting good competition with Jones/Idonije.

I'm very excited about this defense with Delmas/Quin and the new big DEs. Slay and Bentley is just icing on the cake. But I'm trying to calm myself until the regular season to see it in real action. Patterson/Slay and Simpson/Bentley is the first test followed by Floyd/Slay and Roberts/Bentley.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us lining up 5 lineman at times as well. Ansah has the speed to line up real wide or even rush standing. Maybe it's premature for how raw he is but the possibility seems to be there.

My favorite part about our line is that they are all very versatile on the inside. I hope we see them moving Suh around all over the place. Cause some confusion because Jones can easily move inside on the rush and moving Suh could free him up from double teams, he definitely has the ability to do it. We couldn't do that with Avril or KVB, a reason I think they were fine with letting Cliff walk.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Preseason Games

Friday, August 9: Detroit Lions vs. New York Jets, 7:00 p.m. pregame

Thursday, August 15: Detroit Lions @ Cleveland Browns, 7:00 p.m. pregame

Thursday, August 22: Detroit Lions vs. New England Patriots, 7:00 p.m.

Thursday, August 29: Detroit Lions @ Buffalo Bills, 6:30 p.m. pregame

Get to check out Geno Smith, Tebow, and EJ Manuel.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I wish we could count that as the start of our season.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I wish we could count that as the start of our season.
Lions play the AFC East next year. And NFC South.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ricardo-silva/

Ricardo Silva released and claimed by the Panthers. I always liked him more than Spievey.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Apparently we are selling out preseason games... nice. I love the enthusiasm.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Can we start a "ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggy hoy hoy hoy" chant?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ell, we stunk up the game against Cleveland, the DL put zero pressure on Weedon who tore us to pieces, and the secondary looked mediocre to say the least.
At least Bush looked solid.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
ell, we stunk up the game against Cleveland, the DL put zero pressure on Weedon who tore us to pieces, and the secondary looked mediocre to say the least.
At least Bush looked solid.
They went vanilla on defense because they play them in the regular season. Defenders still didn't execute.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/stat...39222220201984

Mike Thomas, WR released

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/08/rookie_cb_darius_slay_promoted.html?utm_source=fee dburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detro it-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29

Darius Slay promoted to 1st team for this weekends practices.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

I like Slay earning the job. Bartell as depth is much better and Mathis/Bentley for the slot CB spot now.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They went vanilla on defense because they play them in the regular season. Defenders still didn't execute.
Everybody plays vanilla schemes this time of the year but the good teams still execute when their 1st string is on the field. We didn't and it has to be worrisome.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense excites me. We have the ability to force many, many turnovers.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I like the harassment we put on brady. Keep that up every game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-27-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havard Rugland is cut. David Akers has won the job.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I'm dreading a potential mid-season kicker crisis. I have little faith in Akers
Old 08-29-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

We should be good. In madden terms, we are +10 to ageing kickers.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Burleson tipped ball leads to INT. We need a WR to step up.