Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-10-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is most likely gonna rock my panties.

Vice City was the best, by the way.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the actual online play doesn't open up in-till two weeks after the game comes out.

That doesn't really bother me since I would want to finish the SP first anyways.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found out the GameStop where I pre-order the collector's edition of GTA V isn't doing a midnight release. I'm devastated beyond words. Someone hold me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I just found out the GameStop where I pre-order the collector's edition of GTA V isn't doing a midnight release. I'm devastated beyond words. Someone hold me.

Maybe they'll be kind enough to give it to you before they close on Monday.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TTC bringing the truth as always.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it true there isn't any online play till 2 weeks after release tho?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

That is true. But it gives you plenty of time to familiarize the map with yourself until it launches.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna do well in school this semester, I will miss lots of TV shows and sporting events, and lose alot of sleep over this game. I'm more than ok with that

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

GTA 5 comes out on my birthday.. best day in history? Probably. Most likely.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
This game is most likely gonna rock my panties.

Vice City was the best, by the way.
I have to agree with you there. I think GTA III latched the game to what it currently is. GTA: Vice City step up their story, and actually gave the main character lines, plus added the whole aspect of acquiring properties, GTA: San Andres had all the ingredients to be one of the best, with the whole gang aspect and taking over territories but the map was too big, too much wasted space. GTA: IV was really good but I felt like it was missing something, they didn't put too much detail in the story, rather making add one missions later. GTA V should be the ****, no question, taking 5 years to make this game, but in another 5 years when PS4 is going strong GTA 6 should be mind blowing

Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Every major GTA release is a religious experience for me.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Andreas is one of my favorite games of all time. The only other game I have more hours into is WoW.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is talk that people haven been getting their copy's early from Amazon.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

just pre ordered mine from Best Buy, now Tuesday has to come up

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

IGN gave it a 10 out of 10.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
IGN gave it a 10 out of 10.
This is the least surprising thing ever. Ign pretty much gives every GTA a 10/10. Although I do expect most places to give it close to perfect scores anyway.

Quote:
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave in and bought it, anyone know anything about the multiplayer?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I just realized if I bought it on the playstation Network, I could already be playing this game, and I think from now on if we talk about game play stuff we should use spoilers

Old 09-17-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was waiting for the Pee See version, but that may be awhile and the hype is immense. It's possible I give in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Was waiting for the Pee See version, but that may be awhile and the hype is immense. It's possible I give in.
I was highly disappointed with 4, and have to say I'm more impressed with 5 after playing for an hour and a half. Doesn't seem super ground breaking but its fun. I mostly bought in cause my roommate and I went half in on it and thought that 30 bucks for it was totally worth it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'll probably fail one of my three exams this week.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was highly disappointed with 4, and have to say I'm more impressed with 5 after playing for an hour and a half. Doesn't seem super ground breaking but its fun. I mostly bought in cause my roommate and I went half in on it and thought that 30 bucks for it was totally worth it.
I've actually never seriously got into a GTA game. Picked up 4 on Steam game buying binge and played it for ten minutes. I've been meaning to get back to it, but I just haven't picked it up again for whatever reason.

I was one of those kids who had parents that actually gave a crap about what I played when I was younger(most M rated games were OK, GTA never was), so I don't have a great deal of familiarity with previous titles. Played a bit of San Andreas waaay back when with friends a little bit, but the actual gameplay was never fun or interesting enough to support the experience for me. Part of that may have been the fact that they pretty much just ****** around the entire time, but yeah...wasn't my thing.

Conversely, I got really into Sleeping Dogs earlier this year, which I heard most people consider to me an inferior version of the GTA games....and at the end of the day it's extremely hard NOT to buy a game with this kind of buzz and review scores. The story/characters seem pretty likable and interesting from what I've seen from the trailers. Switching between three characters seems like it could have some cool possibilities as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okay, let’s get the formalities out of the way. Is Grand Theft Auto V the best game of the year? Easily. Is it the best game of this current generation of consoles? Definitely – and it’s quite possibly the best video game yet. I say this after playing it for “only” 20 hours.

The online features are all bound to be extra frosting on what is already an incredibly sweet cake. Grand Theft Auto V represents both a technical and artistic pinnacle in the video game medium and is the perfect bookend to the current, outgoing generation of consoles.

As the respective launches of the Xbox one and PlayStation 4 get closer, the question isn’t really whether GTA V is the ultimate game of this generation, but rather how long it will take developers to match it on the new consoles? Despite their heftier horsepower, it may be some time yet before anyone achieves this level of technical and artistic virtuosity.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle14333923/
Naysayer Status: TOLD

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got 50 bucks from my wife's grandmother for my birthday a few months back. I think I'm going to use it to buy the game. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint me like IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote