Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair warning this game takes forever to load, like 15-20 min when you first put the disc in so, go to the bathroom, or eat when you 1st put in the game

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my purchase for the day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Naysayer Status: TOLD
I actually have a long post coming explaining why everything you just posted is totally ridiculous. Not to say I'm not enjoying the game and having fun, but its not anywhere close to being this huge leap in gaming everyone makes each release seem like.

Also EE, my parents were the same way (or my mom at least). Luckily everyone I knew owned 3 and Vice city so I got to play them all anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vice City came out when I was 16 so I guess my parents didn't care by then. The only time they ever said anything was when I would play it while my 8 year old cousin was around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was like 11 or 10 so my mom was pretty uptight about it all. I was a pretty decent arguer then and remember having these super long debates about it with her and why I wasn't stupid and stuff like that didnt phase me. I'm probably better off for it but its super frustrating as a kid.

Which made me think about whether or not I'll let my kids play like GTA 8 or something when I have kids. The kid in me remembers how much I resented my mom's decision to not let me play, but the adult in me sort of feels like its for the best to let them wait. They can play it at friends houses like I did, being exposed to that level of explicit material isnt really necessary for a 10 year old.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving it so far.. the dark comedy in this series always makes me lololol
Old 09-17-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was like 11 or 10 so my mom was pretty uptight about it all. I was a pretty decent arguer then and remember having these super long debates about it with her and why I wasn't stupid and stuff like that didnt phase me. I'm probably better off for it but its super frustrating as a kid.

Which made me think about whether or not I'll let my kids play like GTA 8 or something when I have kids. The kid in me remembers how much I resented my mom's decision to not let me play, but the adult in me sort of feels like its for the best to let them wait. They can play it at friends houses like I did, being exposed to that level of explicit material isnt really necessary for a 10 year old.
I was a similar age.

My parents were pretty cool about M rated games, for the most part. If I really wanted one, they would do their due diligence and read up about what it was about and make a case by base decision. I think I may have asked to play San Andreas once and I was told that that one wasn't happening.

The only game I ever really recall having to fight about was the original Fable for the Xbox. I think I was like 12 or 13 when that one came out. I forget what it was that they didn't like about it, but if you were to read a description for that game it can end up sounding like a fantasy version of Grand Theft Auto, so that may have been it. Either way, I ended up showing them some reviews and was allowed to get it in the end.

But yeah, no way in hell I'm letting my potential kids play M rated games without knowing what the deal with them is first. I certainly don't think letting a 10 year old play Grand Theft Auto makes them a psychopath(or even has any bearing on it), but it's just not something kids should be exposed to if they don't have to be.

Part of me laments that there aren't more (good) games made with kids in mind these days. I think that's a pretty big factor in all this stuff nowadays. Doesn't make sense from a financial perspective either. Kids are one of the better markets to sell things to. That's part of what's keeping Nintendo alive haha.

....but yeah. I'm right on the edge of buying GTA V. If I end up going to a store today, I'll probably buy it...even if I should just wait for the PC version.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennis is actual kinda fun.

Edit: I'm really enjoying it but The Last of Us is still my game of the year.

Last edited by Splat : 09-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

My advice EE is try out GTA 4 again and if its something you enjoy get it, other wise its more or less an upgraded version (a very highly upgraded I may add) to 4. And I guess I'll start with my stance on why it isn't the best generational console game out there with that said.

First and foremost I am very much enjoying it, and can't wait to get out of work and go play for a few hours tonight. With that said, I still have the same minor issues with it that I had with 4. I love the dark humor, and the openness of the world is beyond ridiculous, the amount of detail they pour into this game is hard to even get your head around. But it follows the same conventional path all the GTAs follow - start from nothing and rise up to power, to which the first few hours of gameplay thus far have been nothing but boring drive here, kill this person, drive back missions that plague all the GTAs at the start. As amazing as the open world gameplay is, I just want more out of these missions. I know its early in the game so it hasnt really bothered me, I just recognize that this is literally the same exact thing you do in every GTA at this point. Not really pushing boundaries in terms of mission set up which is disappointing to me.

The switching of characters, which to me is the biggest addition, is really cool if not super frustrating to do (the controls for switching characters piss me off to no end). I'm unsure of this but it would be really cool if I could play co-op with my friends with these guys (I think you can only do so with your online characters which hasn't been released yet). I'll come back to this point when I have more gameplay with it, but I do really like the idea.

Really whats just the biggest gripe to me is that this is essentially no different from the jump between Madden 2012-13, or Black ops-MW3. Its the same game with a few new cool features and graphics. And thats great because its a very good game, but I just don't see how this is being labeled as the end all be all game of this generation. Thus far, its exactly what I would expect from a GTA game, thats not a bad thing, but it isnt doing anything genre breaking for it be considered something of that magnitude.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The switching of characters, which to me is the biggest addition, is really cool if not super frustrating to do (the controls for switching characters piss me off to no end). I'm unsure of this but it would be really cool if I could play co-op with my friends with these guys (I think you can only do so with your online characters which hasn't been released yet). I'll come back to this point when I have more gameplay with it, but I do really like the idea.
Yeah, the switching characters is great it helps keep it fresh. That said I agree that it is a pain at first control wise.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm thinking I just wasnt used to it and need to utilize it more to get used to it. I'll come back to that point when I get more time with it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the game and it IS a huge leap forward for me aside from the standard fair GTA controls. Gaming has come sooooo far forward that stiff gaming on rails walking is unacceptable. Honestly disappointed doing basic things like walking around corners or attempting to attack someone close is about as difficult as flying a BF2 Helicopter.

Character switching had me boo'ing before I started playing now I'm happy it is there as it breaks up the sometimes tedious points in normal GTA progression.

The control gripe aside this is a game where you lose time extremely fast. You'll find yourself sitting on the couch and realizing you hadn't eaten all day and that musty smell isn't Trevor it's you. Take a shower.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thing I thought when I started playing this game, "Man this looks bad"

NEED AA. NEED PC VERSION.

Lots of fun so far though.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it fun? I loved III, Vice City, and SA but IV felt like a drag. I just want to know if it is fun again in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably won't pick this up until it hits PC...maybe. Even in the previews, the graphics looked really meh and I just prefer games on my HTPC/Steambox these days.

The reason I stopped playing GTA4 was the cellphone constantly blowing up and the negative impact of not doing sidequests from the cellphone immediately. I like completing everything in a game, but I like doing so at my own pace - especially in a game like this. The game was a chore to play. Major turn off. How have they improved this situation? I thought Sleeping Dogs did a good job with side quests.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the game is already on my **** list. I wasn't aware that you had to install an 8 GB thing onto the XBox. Unfortunately, I just have the 4 GB XBox. I also don't have any external hard drive. So am I just SOL?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Well, the game is already on my **** list. I wasn't aware that you had to install an 8 GB thing onto the XBox. Unfortunately, I just have the 4 GB XBox. I also don't have any external hard drive. So am I just SOL?
I'm using a 16gb flash drive :) Works perfectly fine with zero hiccups.

Can probably pick one up from BestBuy/Walmart/Amazon for under $20. If you need help formating / setting it up let me know.

As far as the fun question goes it is waaaaay more fun than GTA IV. I'd argue that it's the most fun I've had with a GTA yet. The difference between the main characters make for a change of pace on every single switch and without going into details the game is overflowing with the normal GTA charm.

The in-game TV and radio talk station continue to force me to pull over or stop actively pushing on missions.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I have a flash drive, configured it, and then learned it is only about 4 GB. I guess I'll go out in a bit to grab a bigger one.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really tempted at the store a second ago having read things all day. Giant Bomb did a stream of it and the story and characters look really appealing....but I think I just might be too spoiled as a PC guy. 20 FPS(at times) at 720p is half the resolution and a quarter of the framerate I'm used to playing at.

...but I feel like I might enjoy it more if I were to play right now while the hype is still fresh. Always more fun to go into a game while things are still being discovered.

I wish I wasn't such a snob now :(

FWIW, the PS3 version seems to be the one to go with if you have both consoles. The Xbox 360 version has texture pop-in issues that stem from the two discs/mandatory install thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EE stop being such a pansy and just buy it already. You will like it more if you are swept up in it like the rest of us.

I just picked it up and am waiting for my wife to finish her episode of Project Runway. Then it's on WOOOOOO

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
EE stop being such a pansy and just buy it already. You will like it more if you are swept up in it like the rest of us.

I just picked it up and am waiting for my wife to finish her episode of Project Runway. Then it's on WOOOOOO
Words cut deep. I'm probably going back out in a few minutes to do just that though.

...and **** Project Runway. I feel your pain there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bwa ha ha. Peer pressure!

Almost done loading...

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had ordered it on Amazon, but then decided I couldn't wait for it to arrive in the mail (in 2 days) so I decided to go to gamestop and buy it today and give the other copy to my brother when it arrives.

Reminds me of when San Andreas came out. I had an Xbox but couldn't wait for it to be released, so I went and bought a PS2. San Andreas was the only game I ever owned on PS2.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Trevor is crazy as hell haha.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

40 minutes later, the 8 GB portion is installed! Almost there :)

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: