Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 1: Packers at 49ers

It's finally here. Kickoff weekend and the first game of the last season at Candlestick. Discuss all the game action in this thread.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could hardly sleep last night. It was like the night before Christmas as a child. The road back to the Super Bowl begins today! Happy Gameday, fellas!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The weather has been really, really warm this weekend in the bay area compared to it's usual standards. It's going to be extremely sunny at Candlestick and the wind surprisingly won't be much of a factor. The 49ers just need to not turn the ball over and cancel out penalties. If they do just that they should win the football game. I already have confidence in the team's execution. One guy that I'll definitely have my eye on is Eric Reid. It will be interesting to see if the Packers go after him early.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-08-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While im obviously hoping for a win, im really hoping that we dont do any of those gadget trick plays *coughRamscough* because the chances of us winning easily increase.

I also think that the read option will be limited this season. Kaepernick easily has the arm strength and accuracy to be able to pass from the pocket. I do think that Harbaugh is going to make Kaepernick pass more as a traditional quarterback instead of out of the read option not just to protect him but also, to keep the Packers and the rest of the league off balanced and not ready for our offense since every team is expecting us to use the read option.

Anyway, with the Packers OL being average at best, I think that we'll definitely get to Rodgers and if we do, its going to be a long day for him. Cant wait to see McDonald, Reid and Patton in regards to the rookies.

Prediction time -

Packers 24
49ers 35
Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I would like to see the 49ers hold the Packers to 17 points or less, but I think that would be a pipe dream almost. I'm actually glad DuJuan Harris isn't playing. He was having success against the 49ers in the playoff game before the Packers neglected the run. Eddie Lacy is now in the backfield and as a fan I have confidence in the defense to shut him down. San Francisco seems to usually do better against bigger backs.

And you have to love the matchup of rookie LT David Bakhtiari against Aldon Smith and Justin Smith.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yeah!!!!

It's fun being SB contenders again. The lean years of the mid and late '00s were pretty hard to stomach. Enjoy the ride gentlemen.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's about time game day is here for us and around the league! CK and company can finally be unleashed and good test for our defense starts in week one! Gonna be a nice win today.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost game time fellas . Get your pizza or food and beer ready. Let's go 9ers!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't like- poor tackling, no real #2 WR, dawson missing a fg with no weather, snapping, or holding issues, and no run game at all.

do like- vernon and anquan, pass blocking, kaepernick throwing, reid's INT and McDonald's big catch, special teams in general outside of that dawson kick, run defense.

we need to get into a groove and take over next drive. really need some halftime adjustments.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sloppy first half. Roman has to scheme the run game better, they're just simply clogging the A and B gaps inside. Gotta run some off-tackle stuff. Some slow-developing screens. They're very aggressive in their pursuit to stop the run. Have to used that against them. Guys on the back-end have got to make tackles. The last GB drive for a TD was made possible soley based on miss tackles. Very uncharacteristic of our secondary. Not too worried about a loss first game, just want to see us execute better on both sides of the ball. CK seems a bit antsy in the pocket. Needs to trust his protection, slide up in the pocket some and keep finding guys in middle of the zone.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Yea it was a rough first half for our offense and defense along with SP teams . They need to get there crap together this second half or we gonna lose.

VD first drop was horrific but he made up for it.

I am liking out secondry tho these miss tackles need to stop and start wrapping up better. Reid is looking sharp almost 2 int and look to be impressive.

time to start the second half ! Here is to a better second half.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez.

Clunky as can be for a friggin home game. A lot of energy cause being the season opener but on the road it is only gonna be harder.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Extremely difficult to beat A-Rod and the Packers three times in a row. Nice to get a win but we will see that team again. Lotta mistakes and miscues on offense. And I still can't believe CK underthrew a wide open K-10...was sure that was a TD. But first game is always rough and kinks have to worked out. That being said, Roman didn't scheme the run game very well. Capers was dead set on stopping the run and we really didn't play-action off of power looks enough. But a nice start to a tough 5 game stretch to start out.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-08-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

The run game was just horrible. I can't remember the last time we sucked that bad and there were no open holes. I mean, I know Johnny Jolly was in there, but come on.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running game was pretty much non-existent but how great does it feel to have an actual QB who can gun the ball down the field? I'm not worried at all if we cant run the ball here and there because we have a five star OL, a QB who has one hell of an arm with accuracy (except the Williams pass but Matthews hit him arm) and two receiving weapons in Davis and Boldin.

I do think that as the season moves forward, the read option is going to be phased out. It didnt really work today and Kaepernick doesnt need it to play good. He's already shown that he can be a pocket passer. And running out of it was horrible. Last year, it was Kaepernick and the read option that got us to the Super Bowl. This year, it will be us showing everyone that Kaepernick doesnt need it as he gets us to the Super Bowl and wins it.

Other than that, Dawson missing a FG pissed me off. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he slumps later in the season. Defensively, the secondary is my concern. All three cornerbacks need to step it up and improve their coverage. Too many missed tackles. Was impressed with Reid though. Should have had two interceptions but oh well. I like this guy a lot.

Happy we started 1-0 going to Seattle. 1-1 isnt what anyone wants but if that happens, I can deal with it. 0-2 would have been horrible. Seahawks didnt look that impressive in Carolina and without Harvin, im not worried about their passing game like I am about their running game.

Oh well, for now, let's just enjoy the win. :)
Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass protection was great. Like 2 cracks in it all day.

Need to just get to the line and run the ball sometimes.

Too many moving parts with wacky formations and shifts and what not. Very out of sync.

The dilly dally stuff and then finally getting it snapped.

Seems like the advantage goes to the defense as the clock is getting down to 2 seconds. They get a better jump on the snap knowing it has to happen.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Opening Day gentlemen. Or as I refer to it, Christmas morning!

Not a perfect win today, but a gutsy one and they showed that they can be a quality team like the Packers, anywhere, anytime. Recent 3-Peat now.

+Rep for everyone for Opening Sunday and the win, unless I couldn't rep you.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

One of the best 49ers games.

Kaepernick - 27/39 412 passing yards, 3 TD 0 INT.

Anquan Boldin - 13 catches, 208 yards, TD

Vernon Davis - 6 catches, 98 yards, 2 TD

And third straight win against the Packers.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty disappointed with the run game as well, but I was just as impressed by Kaep's pocket passing. I had no idea the kid would improve this much in such a short amount of time. What a baller. Unfortunatley, I think we are going to get beat up against Seattle. I see some glaring weaknesses in our secondary and pass rush, and I htink this might get exposed.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I just hope the run game doesn't become an issue like this all season long. I'd be shocked if we couldn't run the ball like we did last season.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

You guys are overreacting to the run game woes. Yes, its frustrating to watch but you have to understand, Capers sacrificed a lot on the back-end to stop the run. That's why we had so much success through the air. He hung his safties and CBs out to dry, just to stop the read-option. And we knew that was coming, which was why we were pass-heavy from the word go. I just felt too many times Roman stalled drives, trying to be balanced and dialing up some quirky spread run play, when the pass was killing them. I would not have ran the ball AT ALL until they proved they could stop it. I would have pulled a McCarthy and passed all the way down the field. That's why we could never pull away. We would get a couple a first downs through the air, and then Roman would call two run plays on first and second down that would go nowhere and stall drives. The biggest question about this offense was what would happen if we couldn't run the ball effectively. Well we just sent a memo to the rest of the league. You sell out trying to stop the run and you will get gashed through the air. And it was only week one. We'll work out some of the kinks and the passing game should only get better. Now imagine how much more effective the passing attack will be when MM and Crabs come back?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-09-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And I think ppl need to give Carlos Rogers his props too. I was VERY worried about Rogers matched-up against Randall Cobb over the slot but Rogers played verry well. Cobb was a virtual non-factor from the slot. Rogers looked like his 2011 former self. Very encouraing.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I remember every other fanbase on these forums bashing Baalke for trading up to get this kid. Because Elam and Cyprein were SOOOOOOO much better. Never question Baalke....EVER!(except when drafting WRs)

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a pretty good game. Missed some tackles though. I'm not ready to anoint him just yet.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I recall one missed tackle, and granted everyone in the secondary seemed to be missing tackles, can't fault the kid too much. But for his first game, I was estatic by how well he handled himself.
Closed Thread