Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I recall one missed tackle, and granted everyone in the secondary seemed to be missing tackles, can't fault the kid too much. But for his first game, I was estatic by how well he handled himself.
I remember twice saying to myself "damn Reid missed a tackle." It stuck with me because that part of his game is what worries me, so I was paying special attention. But yeah, all in all, a solid debut.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucked that he was ruled "down" on his interception return.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy smokes we had 11 penalties for 85 yards. We were at least decent at third down conversations at 50% with a 9/18. That's impressive considering how many third and longs we were in.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few notes -

1) Wasnt happy when we traded up for Reid but I must say that he impressed me. He's a hard hitter like Goldson and already has an interception (should have had two but oh well) in his NFL career. Once Reid gains more experience, he's going to be a consistent playmaker for us. Yeah, he missed a tackle or two but that open field tackle on Cobb was great and shows that even as a rookie, he's not as green as you would think. Best of all, he's only going to get better as the season progresses. I wanted him to start opening day and im sure everyone here is happy he did.

2) Kaepernick was near perfect. The one bad pass was underthrown for Williams but other than that, he showed that he doesnt need the read option to pass. He has the arm strength, accuracy and vision to be a dominant pocket passer. We've already seen the read option become less of a factor yesterday and I see that becoming less and less as Kaepernick becomes more comfortable under center and in a regular shotgun formation. His ability allows us to make the read option just that - an option if wanted but not needed. And to think, some of you wanted Smith to start that Bears game last year. I may be wrong more times than right but im sure everyone here is happy that I was right about Kaepernick. It feels great to finally have a QB that can actually put up 300 and 400 yards and give us passing TD's instead of playing conservative, time consuming game and getting only field goals. I'm so happy. :D

3) Running game wasnt good at all but Capers left his secondary out to dry because of it and it cost the Packers. I do think that we should stop running out of the read option and just go back to basic running plays. Like passing, we dont need gadgets and tricks to be successful especially when we have a five star OL.

4) Boldin is the ******* man!!!!! Boldin did more yesterday for our offense than Moss did all of last season. If Boldin plays like he did yesterday and stays consistent, he'll turn out to be a steal even at $6m.

5) Secondary is our only weakness. If we had a true shutdown corner that could play both sides of the field, we would have nearly no weaknesses.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

2) And to think, some of you wanted Smith to start that Bears game last year. I may be wrong more times than right but im sure everyone here is happy that I was right about Kaepernick.
Dammit Dan. You know, a lot of times I see people hit you pretty hard on this board and I feel bad for you having to read it. Truthfully, it bothers me that it happens. But then again, it's crap like this above that you spout off that reminds me why it happens. Honestly, there's no reason to shove things in people's faces like that. So what if people wanted Smith to regain his starting QB position. That wasn't a horrible proposition at the time. Playing Hindsight Hero isn't particularly impressive.

The fact of the matter is, if you've perused some of the other forums on this board, you understand that we as 49er fans have enough ill will headed our way from just about every other fan base. I really don't want to have it within our little community here as well.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, stop baiting other 49er fans on this board. People are going to be BOTH right and wrong over the course of ... I don't know .... ummmm ... DAILY. It's cool. No need to rub anyone's nose in e-****

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
Dammit Dan. You know, a lot of times I see people hit you pretty hard on this board and I feel bad for you having to read it. Truthfully, it bothers me that it happens. But then again, it's crap like this above that you spout off that reminds me why it happens. Honestly, there's no reason to shove things in people's faces like that. So what if people wanted Smith to regain his starting QB position. That wasn't a horrible proposition at the time. Playing Hindsight Hero isn't particularly impressive.
Why do you feel bad? I dont feel bad. If im wrong, im wrong and I'll admit it but when im right, im right. As much as I get bashed for when being wrong, I should get credit for being right. Granted, im more wrong than right but the rights make up for the wrongs. People here shove things back in my face all the time but I never get pissed or anything. Its not like we're betting money or anything. Its all in good clean fun.

As for the switch, Crabtree was wasting away until Kaepernick took over. Granted, Davis went into a slump after the Bears game until the Falcons game but look at him and Kaepernick now. When Crabtree got hurt, I wasnt happy but looking at it especially after yesterday, his injury is actually a positive in disguise because now, Kaepernick has to get chemistry with the other receivers and thats exactly what he did yesterday. Smith got us as far as he was going to take us. He was good under Harbaugh but Kaepernick is going to be great under Harbaugh.

After yesterday and maybe, even before yesterday, I would be shocked if anyone here knowing what they know would still want Smith instead of Kaepernick. Say what you want about me but wanting and staying with Kaepernick was the right decision and im sure that everyone here is happy as hell about it.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, if you've perused some of the other forums on this board, you understand that we as 49er fans have enough ill will headed our way from just about every other fan base. I really don't want to have it within our little community here as well.
First, I dont have any ill will towards anyone here. In fact, I enjoy coming here and talking about my favorite team with others who feel the same way about our beloved 49ers. I'm not here to piss anyone off. I just want credit when credit is due just like when im wrong, I deserve blame. Basically, 50/50. Nothing wrong with that.

And second, I dont visit any other forums here. Majority are morons and/or jealous assholes that hate the 49ers just because we're better and back to where we should be while their team sucks. When we sucked from 2003-2010, I didnt go to other forums and bash anyone who wasnt a 49ers fan or bash teams that were better than us which was the majority of the league. Truth is, I dont give a damn about those who hate the 49ers. Thats their problem, not mine. I know most of you guys visit the NFL forum here and I stopped because no point. A bunch of jealous kids who think they can beat the 49ers every game but then when they lose, they want to come up with some bullcrap excuse.

Personally, I dont even know why anyone here would even want to waste their time in the NFL forum when it involves the 49ers. You're not going to win anything and all you'll do is waste your time and for what??? To argue with those who think that their team is the best yet lose to us when we play them? Quite simply, thats all just a waste of time and for me personally, not worth wasting my time on. That's why, instead of having this site bookmarked, I bookmarked this forum instead so I dont even have to waste the time of clicking to my beloved 49ers.

Quote:
So pretty please, with sugar on top, stop baiting other 49er fans on this board. People are going to be BOTH right and wrong over the course of ... I don't know .... ummmm ... DAILY. It's cool. No need to rub anyone's nose in e-****
Sorry. I'm not baiting anyone. If im wrong and get called on it, I'll admit it. I just ask for the same respect in return when im right. Nothing wrong with giving credit where its due.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

People want to hear other non-49ers fans opinions in regards to their team. A few also feel obligated to school those that are ignorant of the team and it's happenings as we've seen here time and time again.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
People want to hear other non-49ers fans opinions in regards to their team. A few also feel obligated to school those that are ignorant of the team and it's happenings as we've seen here time and time again.
Why??? You're not going to get through to any of them so why waste your time? To each his/her own but since im a gamer and work, im not going to waste my valuable time talking to those on the NFL forum which quite honestly, only accomplishes one thing - wasting my own personal time that could be better spent elsewhere.

P.S. - Nice dig at the end. Props.
Closed Thread