Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Gameday Threads

Forgot to post this! So we'll talk about the game after the fact!

I thought the team looked solid all around. We played a weak team, but last year we lost to bad teams, so it was good to see us come out strong.

Justin Houston is a beast. Dontari Poe looks REALLY good out there, and the rest of the D is strong.

Charles is as good as ever, Alex Smith played smart, mistake free football, and I thought Fisher was solid.

I'm a little concerned that the offense didn't score in the second half, so hopefully they can clean that up soon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was not a good test. The Jags didnt show.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
It was not a good test. The Jags didnt show.

J
we did what good teams do. dominate a bad team. we've always had problems beating JAX in the past especially in FLA.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm a little concerned that the offense didn't score in the second half, so hopefully they can clean that up soon.
Nope, doesn't bother me. What's the point? Play the clock, not the scoreboard and have a nice trip home. Why show Rob Ryan any more of the playbook. Why rub the Jags nosed in it.

Of course if I was playing fantasy football this year and had some Chiefs on my team (like last year ), I might feel differently.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Nope, doesn't bother me. What's the point? Play the clock, not the scoreboard and have a nice trip home. Why show Rob Ryan any more of the playbook. Why rub the Jags nosed in it.

Of course if I was playing fantasy football this year and had some Chiefs on my team (like last year ), I might feel differently.
Rob Ryan is in NO now. you mean Monte Kiffin

and I had the Chiefs defense but started the Rams D instead..ooops
Old 09-09-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Rob Ryan is in NO now. you mean Monte Kiffin

and I had the Chiefs defense but started the Rams D instead..ooops
Sorry, I forgot he moved.

Yeah, I had the Chiefs D/ST on my team last year.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2: Cowboys AT Chiefs

This should be a better test of where this team is than the Jags were.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe could dominate this game. The Cowboys have bookend tackels. The interior is not quite a donut hole, but ours is a lot better. Considering how we stack up with Asamoah out, that should tell you a lot.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Dontari Poe could dominate this game. The Cowboys have bookend tackels. The interior is not quite a donut hole, but ours is a lot better. Considering how we stack up with Asamoah out, that should tell you a lot.

J
I'm excited to see how Travis Frederick stacks up to Poe.

Not sure what Brian Waters has left in the tank, but we signed him a couple weeks ago and he should be starting at RG for us on Sunday.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm excited to see how Travis Frederick stacks up to Poe.

Not sure what Brian Waters has left in the tank, but we signed him a couple weeks ago and he should be starting at RG for us on Sunday.
Be careful what you wish for, D-Unit. Poe manhandled long time center, Brad Meester, last week forcing the Jags to double-team him. That opens the lanes to the blitz and from what we saw last week, this defense likes to blitz and they will send anybody and everybody. Basically the same personnel but definitely not the same defense as last year. One way or another, this should be fun.

Brian Waters just won't look right in blue. That's just wrong.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Waters hasn't played in a while. I wouldn't expect him to come back and be 100% comfortable and conditioned.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Waters hasn't played in a while. I wouldn't expect him to come back and be 100% comfortable and conditioned.
Yeah, I'm not expecting him to be a world beater. Shouldn't be too hard to be an improvement over Mackenzy Bernadeau though.

I think Andy Reid has the upper hand in this match up though. He knows more about the Cowboys than vice versa. I said in the Cowboys forum that I thought the score would be within 3-4 points and low scoring.

So I imagine the opposite will happen. Some guys think this is a trap game and we'll lose. Anytime you play on the road it's tough.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Be careful what you wish for, D-Unit. Poe manhandled long time center, Brad Meester, last week forcing the Jags to double-team him. That opens the lanes to the blitz and from what we saw last week, this defense likes to blitz and they will send anybody and everybody. Basically the same personnel but definitely not the same defense as last year. One way or another, this should be fun.

Brian Waters just won't look right in blue. That's just wrong.
Yeah, this will be a fun game to watch. Last Sunday, the Giants didn't blitz at all and they bracketed Dez all game long. Sometimes even sending a 3rd defender (LB) his way. Romo was forced to take what was available and what we saw from him was a game of dink and dunk, short passes. It was more than frustrating and it forced us to come up short and go for FGs.

I'm interested to see if the Chiefs employ a heavy blitz attack and if so, how the Cowboys react to that. I'm hoping it would lead to bigger plays. The Romocoaster can be great in the face of pressure and can also equally play the fool.

Looking forward to a good game!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Should be a good one, that's for sure.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Should be a good one, that's for sure.
What are some of the keys to winning the game for you guys?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
What are some of the keys to winning the game for you guys?
I think the first thing we need to do is stop Dez and try to contain Witten. They're both going to get theirs, but keeping it to a minimum is key. Also getting pressure up the middle, where the Cowboys are weakest, is going to be necessary in stopping that offense.

If Alex stays smart with the football, and JC gets involved, I'm not that concerned about the Cowboys D. We've gotta help out Albert and chip Ware with backs and TEs, and we've gotta make sure we keep an eye on where he's going and help out the rook if he's on Fisher's side.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The keys to a cowboys victory imo comes down to getting up early. The arrowhead crowd is going to be loud. Dallas doesn't have a chance to keep a high paced tempo if they can't get the crowd out of the game. If dallas gets down early look out....Romo isn't going to be able to play his check at the line game like he did last week. Very scary game for a cowboys fan. The chiefs OL is going to give Alex Smith time...on defense our LB's need to do a much better job of protecting their intermediate zones or else we could see Alex Smith playing the role of Eli Manning. Should be a great game.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Gameday!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, last year the Chiefs are down three scores and today we're only down three points.. but, it isn't looking good. The OL is getting no push up front and we can't establish the run, except for Smith.

The D was struggling early but seem to be doing better now. Down 10 to 7 isn't insurmountable, but the offense has to get something going and quick.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs had no business winning this game but I will take it. Brandon Flowers had probably his worst game as a pro. He had no answer whatsoever for Dez.

Poe is just a monster...
Old 09-15-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No idea why Flow was on Dez solo anyway. Dez is a monster. Give him SOME KIND OF HELP, jesus.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Also, Poe is a monster.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Congrats on the win ya'll.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Congrats on the win ya'll.
Thanks man. It was a good game to watch as a football fan in general.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks KC.
Also, mad props to Charles.... dude may be small, but he's tough!

Also, I'm still on board the Alex Smith addition, as I was from day 1.