Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PLAYOFF SATURDAY! Chiefs AT Colts!

Welp. Here it goes. What is gunna happen here?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which team shows up? The 9-0 team that started the season or the 2-5 team that finished it.

I've got to hope to that the Chiefs weren't as bad as the team that played Indy two weeks ago. Maybe the coaching staff was sandbagging Indy with a vanilla game plan knowing that they were almost certain to see them again in the playoffs. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that a Chiefs team has done this. Back in 1991, Marty & Cowher showed the Raiders a very vanilla defense in the last week of the season and made Todd Marinovich look like a future HoFer (3 TDs). Next week they made Todd Marinovich look like Todd Marinovich (0 TD, 4 INT).
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welpppppppp, here we go. Today is THE DAY.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys enjoy the game! I know I will!!! :D

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Good luck today brosef! :)

Old 01-04-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's halftime, are you still enjoying it?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
It's halftime, are you still enjoying it?
In a word. no.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bet you're enjoying it now.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official the Chiefs will never win a playoff game... It doesn't matter who the HC is who the GM is or who the QB is.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Guys I'm so sorry you had to endure the loss. You have a hell of a good football team though. I'm sure the AFC will see you back in the playoffs next year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Losers, losers, losers, year after year, decade after decade.

Now before someone gets up on his high horse and tells me how I'm not a good fan, I'll be 66 next week and I'll probably be dead before these guys win a playoff game.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 01-04-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This is going to be tough to get over. Meh.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was really tough to see the Chiefs go out like that seriously TEH INJURIEZZZ were too much and yet still inches away from the victory. The Chiefs really deserved that victory and honestly were the better team today.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
It was really tough to see the Chiefs go out like that seriously TEH INJURIEZZZ were too much and yet still inches away from the victory. The Chiefs really deserved that victory and honestly were the better team today.
You can't put up 44 and cry injuries. You just can't do it. The better team won. The Colts wanted it more. That is seriously just the bottom line here.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Cragfox
Rookie

Cragfox hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alex Smith had his best game as a Chief and the defense could not make a stop. Need to shore up pass rushers and defensive backs. Really hope Dunta Robinson and Kendrick Lewis have played their last games as Chiefs.
Cragfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys I'm so sorry you had to endure the loss. You have a hell of a good football team though. I'm sure the AFC will see you back in the playoffs next year.
It'll be tough. I believe we have the NFC West and the AFC East next year. Along with Denver 2x and SD 2x.

If anyone had any doubts about Andrew Luck coming into this game, they should be totally gone now. You Indy fans have a good one to enjoy for the next 12-15 years.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragfox View Post
Alex Smith had his best game as a Chief and the defense could not make a stop. Need to shore up pass rushers and defensive backs. Really hope Dunta Robinson and Kendrick Lewis have played their last games as Chiefs.
I agree. I don't want either guy back in KC red next year. Lewis has been bad for a while, and Dunta was just a complete whiff by this front office. They both need to be gone.

As far as I'm concerned our needs are as follows:

1. DB
2. DB
3. WR
4. DB

Ugh.

Last thing I'll say tonight: at least losses hurt again. That's somethin.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone please tell me how a team builds a 28 point lead, ends up +3 in the TO margin, QB throws for nearly 400 yards and 0 INTs and we STILL manage to find a way to lose? Only our Chiefs. This one is going to take a while to get over.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I agree. I don't want either guy back in KC red next year. Lewis has been bad for a while, and Dunta was just a complete whiff by this front office. They both need to be gone.

As far as I'm concerned our needs are as follows:

1. DB
2. DB
3. WR
4. DB

Ugh.

Last thing I'll say tonight: at least losses hurt again. That's somethin.
I'd throw pass rusher on that list too vidae. I know Houston and Hali were less than 100%. But this team really hasn't consistently rush the passer since about week 7. I know it sounds redic with Powe, Hali and Houston all in the probowl. But they probably got their probowl invites prior to the bye because none of them have really done much in the pass rush department since then. I'm not saying that any of them need to be replaced. But we have to find at least one more guy, be it an edge rusher or an interior lineman, that can beat his guy and get to the QB. Part of the reason why we lost tonight (and why the defense has struggled since week 7) is lack of pass rush, and subsequently lack of coverage on the back end.

IMO, pass rush has to be addressed in the offseason too. And, this may sound redic, but Bob Sutton has some stuff to answer for as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Cragfox
Rookie

Cragfox hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sutton made some questionable calls but the talent level and depth need to be improved prior to any serious discussion about Sutton's coaching quality. Sutton did a tremendous job disguising the weaknesses of the defense early in 2013, but with a pass-happy second-half schedule the defensive backs were bound to be exploited.

Getting depth behind Hali and Houston is crucial to the success of the Chiefs defense.

Last edited by Cragfox : 01-04-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Cragfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragfox View Post
Yes, yes, yes! A good quarterback will find the weak link in a secondary and exploit it. Peyton picked on Cooper but Cooper is a rookie and he'll get better. Dunta Robinson is just terrible and doesn't belong in the NFL.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Kendrick Lewis is a FA and I would be downright shocked if he was brought back. Dude is just seriously not NFL caliber. At all.

Dunta.. meh. He's over the hill but I MIGHT keep him for depth purposes.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kendrick Lewis is a FA and I would be downright shocked if he was brought back. Dude is just seriously not NFL caliber. At all.

Dunta.. meh. He's over the hill but I MIGHT keep him for depth purposes.
Vidae, I respect your opinion but as far as Dunta is concerned, I think his "three-year deal worth $15 million in total" could be spent better elsewhere. Seriously, the only thing worse than his coverage is his tackling. He may be a great guy in the locker room but that doesn't make up for his play on the field.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I said might but I already disagree with myself too. Get him outta here as well.

Keep Flow, Sean Smith, and Coop who I still think can improve. And get some new CB blood there.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It'd be nice if Ha-Ha was there in the first, but I don't see there is any way he lasts until 23. I'd try my best to sign Maclin in the offseason and draft the best DB regardless of position at 23/24/wherever we're picking.