Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-15-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as Wisconcin just got screwed at the end of that game they should have just kicked the FG after the completion to Abbrederis. Dumb and Dumber.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stave confused everyone by the way he gave himself up. Take the knee, hurry up, spike. Not rocket science.

...the refs still ****** up though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Stave confused everyone by the way he gave himself up. Take the knee, hurry up, spike. Not rocket science.

...the refs still ****** up though.
Stave was clueless all night. Just spike the ball and kick the fg with 15 seconds left.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Stave was clueless all night. Just spike the ball and kick the fg with 15 seconds left.
They didn't even have to spike it; the clock was stopped
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
They didn't even have to spike it; the clock was stopped
After the 1st down I assume they started the clock when the ball was set for play. Why chance it, just spike the ball and kick it.

Those refs were either influenced by the crowd or were on the take as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can understand why the would want to center the ball up, but that was dumb the way Stave tried to give himself up. Just take a knee, get everyone back under center and spike it. Still the refs suck and that shouldn't happen in college football. That was sad the way they ran off the field. Games shouldn't end like this.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abredaris went out of bounds, didn't he?

If not, yeah spike it and kick it.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a solid Vine that recaps it all.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Even if his knee somehow didn't touch the ground, the refs blew the whistle. They sure as hell didn't call it a fumble.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Here's a solid Vine that recaps it all.
As far as I'm concerned the Badgers put themselves in a position for something bad to happen and it did.

What kind of move was that by Stave to put the ball down on the ground. He was lucky the Zebras didn't call it a fumble.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned the Badgers put themselves in a position for something bad to happen and it did.

What kind of move was that by Stave to put the ball down on the ground. He was lucky the Zebras didn't call it a fumble.
Check out the picture. He took a knee and then put the ball on the ground so the refs could spot it. Just saw the sports center replays and the refs took 13 seconds to spot the ball after that. That's completely unacceptable.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched it again. Why on earth would Stave do that? That's like...the weirdest possible thing you can do on a football field. Placing the football on the ground like that was just flat out the wrong thing. I'm not going to pretend to completely know how the rules about quarterbacks giving themselves up work...but he sure did his best to make it look like that was just flat out a live ball.

EDIT: Knee looks down in the picture, but it didn't look like he actually got it down live. I basically have no idea what the **** happened. Strange, strange play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Check out the picture. He took a knee and then put the ball on the ground so the refs could spot it. Just saw the sports center replays and the refs took 13 seconds to spot the ball after that. That's completely unacceptable.
I totally agree but I was thinking at the time the badgers were cutting it awful close. My guess is those refs will be reprimanded. Won't do the Badgers any good though.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

I think Stave confused the **** out of the refs and forced them to solve a question that took longer than 13 seconds to solve and that is his fault. Also when I was watching it I too recall thinking why the hell is he putting the ball on the ground, I thought that was rather odd. The refs found it rather odd too and I think that's what the issue is.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Hey Yo...

I haven't been able to post all day....but....still laughing at my post you sweet muffin you?!!?! ; )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Hey Yo...

I haven't been able to post all day....but....still laughing at my post you sweet muffin you?!!?! ; )
This was such a bad post on my part.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

If the head coach just tells his QB to spike it after the completion then it's fg and game over. Wtf was he doing.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This was such a bad post on my part.
lol...when he threw that TD to make it 21-3, the first thought was "oh god, YO is going to destroy me".

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
If the head coach just tells his QB to spike it after the completion then it's fg and game over. Wtf was he doing.
I would have done the same, but I don't think what they were trying to do was wrong. Their kickers suck so they were trying to line it up and make it as easy as possible. They had plenty of time if things would have gone as they should. There were 13 seconds left after the kneel. It should have taken at most 8 seconds to get back and spike the ball after that, leaving plenty of time for the FG.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gentle Jesus.

I understand that it's part of the game for refs to get stuff wrong, but it is pretty cowardly of them to just run off the field without an explanation after a bizarre play like that.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

And Bret Bielema's wife is rubbing it in.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ending there. Live, it really doesn't look like he got his knee down. I've seen pictures that contradict that, but he didn't make that an easy ruling on the officials by placing the ball. Just...strange. I didn't know you could be unclear about taking a knee, but Stave found a way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stave is dumb but this is 99% on the refs. theyre the only ones who get (or at least should be getting) paid

SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's just dumb. Karma for what? Giving her husband a great job until he decided to leave?
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Gentle Jesus.

I understand that it's part of the game for refs to get stuff wrong, but it is pretty cowardly of them to just run off the field without an explanation.
There is no possible explanation they could have given that wouldn't have make themselves look like absolute morons, so I guess I understand why they didn't.

If they were calling him down, why the **** did it take 13 seconds to reset the ball?

If they were somehow calling it a fumble, why the **** did you not switch possession and stop the clock?