Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nick Saban to Texas?

There's been so much smoke and now this:

Quote:
TCU beat writer Stefan Stevenson cites a source "close to Texas executive council of regents" that says Alabama's Nick Saban will be Texas' next head coach.
The buzz has been there for some time, and this only adds to it. Saban is notorious for hoping from job to job, so it is time to take the rumors seriously. Another report, from NFL.com's Gil Brandt, stated Alabama and Saban were in contract talks to reach the $7 million level.
Source: Stefan Stevenson on Twitter Dec 10 - 7:54 PM
Can someone explain to me why he would want to go to Texas? I could understand taking another shot at the NFL, and I'm sure the Texas football program has it's own charm and advantages the Alabama program doesn't have.

But on the surface it just seems like he's looking for a new challenge. Not that it's become so easy in Bama but that he just wants a change of scenery for change's sake. To recruit in a new area, dominate in a new conference (easier competition maybe also). And if that is the case, there's nothing really wrong with it. I'm sure Bama fans won't hate him for leaving after what he's accomplished there. But it just strikes me as odd for him to make a move that could be considered lateral or even a step back in some ways.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's a lot of rumors out right now and even a trolling at an austin airport where the p.a. speaker asked for nick saban to come to a certain area. as much as I hope saban jumps ship to texas, it's so unrealistic. he has everything he could ever ask for at alabama and no reason to leave unless texas comes looking to pay him astronomically - as in more than 7mil/season that he's reportedly negotiating with bama
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Texas seriously offers him a $100 million then he might as well go. That's stupid money lol. The process doesn't work everywhere.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
There's been so much smoke and now this:

Can someone explain to me why he would want to go to Texas? I could understand taking another shot at the NFL, and I'm sure the Texas football program has it's own charm and advantages the Alabama program doesn't have.

But on the surface it just seems like he's looking for a new challenge. Not that it's become so easy in Bama but that he just wants a change of scenery for change's sake. To recruit in a new area, dominate in a new conference (easier competition maybe also). And if that is the case, there's nothing really wrong with it. I'm sure Bama fans won't hate him for leaving after what he's accomplished there. But it just strikes me as odd for him to make a move that could be considered lateral or even a step back in some ways.
You don't know Bama fans.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why he would want to go to Texas?
Texas will pretty much throw however much money he needs at whatever he wants. Also, easier conference, better state for recruiting, better facilities/stadium, and I am sure there are other things.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
there's a lot of rumors out right now and even a trolling at an austin airport where the p.a. speaker asked for nick saban to come to a certain area. as much as I hope saban jumps ship to texas, it's so unrealistic. he has everything he could ever ask for at alabama and no reason to leave unless texas comes looking to pay him astronomically - as in more than 7mil/season that he's reportedly negotiating with bama
Meh, Saban doesn't really work that way. From what I've read, Saban doesn't particularly care about money or school loyalty. He's more motivated out his whole "the process" idea, plus the wishes of his wife. Depending on how he perceived fan's reactions after Auburn and the commitment Texas might be willing to make to get him, I can see him jumping ship. Someone else mentioned reading the GQ profile on him if you're interested in understanding what motivates Saban, and it actually is pretty insightful.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-10-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Someone else mentioned reading the GQ profile on him if you're interested in understanding what motivates Saban, and it actually is pretty insightful.
Yeah, I'll post it here because I just find that part of the story so fascinating. It really gives you a look into how Nick Saban thinks.

Quote:
Steven Rumsey remembers asking him once about the possibility of his leaving. Saban's response: "Terry likes it here."

"I remember getting my feelings hurt," Rumsey tells me. "I thought, It'd mean the world to me, Nick, if you said, 'I like it here.' But after thinking about it, a practice field looks the same if you're at Baltimore, U.S.C., Texas, Tampa. The grass is the grass, the goalposts are the goalposts, and if you work sixteen-hour days it's all the same to you. So really when he said, 'Terry likes it here,' what he was saying was, 'That's the most important thing to me, because she's the one who's got to experience the life here.'"
Link

The bottom line for me is, unless Terry wants to go then I don't think he goes and I don't think Terry wants to go as she has stated publicly.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were him, I'd leave just to get away from the Bama fans.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if it's true at all, read on twitter that it was 10 years for $100 million plus a 1% ownership in Longhorn Network. That's lucrative money, although I don't know how Texas is offering it since ESPN actually owns the rights to LHN.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas has NO income tax.

But seriously, dude is already loaded, why not retire and enjoy life?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Texas has NO income tax.

That's my thought. It's not like he needs more money. Unless he wants to fund a startup when he retires I don't see why he would want that much money.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Texas could possibly offer him better things but honestly the guy wants for nothing as it is. He gets the money and recruits he wants right where he is. Why mess with a great thing? I would love to see it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only way I see Saban leaving Bama is if he thinks he's good enough to test himself in the NFL again. Pete Carroll proved himself. Saban hasn't. That's the biggest flaw in his career so far. Failing in the NFL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are also missing the legacy aspect. No matter what Saban does at Alabama, it will always be Bryant that is remembered the most.

If he goes to Texas and wins 3 of 4, etc, he'll be the legendary Texas coach.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This wasn't true in 2010, 2011, or 2012. Why should I believe it now? There is a greater chance I'll walk in on Santa having a threesome with the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny than Nick Saban coaching Texas.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has nothing left to prove at Alabama. Nothing else he does there will ever get him out of Bear Bryant's shadow. So why stay? I always thought he would try to give the NFL one more shot (but who knows if the NFL wants him back). If he can win a title at Texas, which is very possible considering his skill and Texas's money and recruiting base, you could make a serious case for him as the best college coach ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You don't know Bama fans.
This is 100% correct. There will be some Bama fans that will be greatful to him for what he has done bringing the team back to their current status. But there will be even more who will be calling for his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
If I were him, I'd leave just to get away from the Bama fans.
I'd take a pay cut to get away from Bama fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Texas has NO income tax.

Yes, Texas has no income tax while Alabama does. But Alabama still has ridiculously low porperty tax, home insurance, and slightly lower sales tax. It's a wash really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He has nothing left to prove at Alabama. Nothing else he does there will ever get him out of Bear Bryant's shadow. So why stay? I always thought he would try to give the NFL one more shot (but who knows if the NFL wants him back). If he can win a title at Texas, which is very possible considering his skill and Texas's money and recruiting base, you could make a serious case for him as the best college coach ever.

This is 100% correct. There will be some Bama fans that will be greatful to him for what he has done bringing the team back to their current status. But there will be even more who will be calling for his head.

I'd take a pay cut to get away from Bama fans.

Yes, Texas has no income tax while Alabama does. But Alabama still has ridiculously low porperty tax, home insurance, and slightly lower sales tax. It's a wash really.
No, it's not a wash, really.

He doesn't live in a $17.5M house. A 5% income tax on $7M gives a $350k per year cost.

A 2% property tax in Austin means you would need to have a $17.5M home here to pay the equivalent.
Our highs in the area are 3%, which means he'd have to be in a $11.67M home.

FYI, he's not paying that much for a house if he were to move here.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the coaching change thread, but Mack getting ousted is a complex issue. He has a lot of power players on his side.

WRT Saban, I don't think it's a done deal as UT doesn't allow oversigning and I don't see them allowing him to do so if he were to come here. He might be ok with the Urban Meyer oversigning light version (he's forced some kids out at OSU), but I doubt it.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
No, it's not a wash, really.

He doesn't live in a $17.5M house. A 5% income tax on $7M gives a $350k per year cost.

A 2% property tax in Austin means you would need to have a $17.5M home here to pay the equivalent.
Our highs in the area are 3%, which means he'd have to be in a $11.67M home.

FYI, he's not paying that much for a house if he were to move here.
How many ~$12m houses are there in Austin? At least compared to the Northeast, property cost out there is nothing.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
How many ~$12m houses are there in Austin? At least compared to the Northeast, property cost out there is nothing.
Yep, you got my point. He would have to live in an obnoxious home in order to even approach the break even point. $5M gets you an absolutely ridiculous place.

Probably only a few dozen homes in the city proper and outlying burbs are over $12M.

Excluding ranches in the county. Those holdouts are sitting on goldmines.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yep, you got my point. He would have to live in an obnoxious home in order to even approach the break even point. $5M gets you an absolutely ridiculous place.

Probably only a few dozen homes in the city proper and outlying burbs are over $12M.

Excluding ranches in the county. Those holdouts are sitting on goldmines.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...398_rect/9_zm/

According to Zillow.com right now there are 2 houses for sale in Austin around that price.

This one goes for $14.5m, with a Zestimate of $7.9m.

This one goes for $11.9m, with a Zestimate of $490k.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zillow.com is not going to list a lot of luxury homes because it's a waste of time. That's a market that a lot of people aren't really even aware of.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway, for all the people questioning why Saban would do this:

1) Texas is the best job in college football. Saban has made Bama look like it is, but Texas is #1 and has been for a very long time.

2) This is what coaches do.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Zillow.com is not going to list a lot of luxury homes because it's a waste of time. That's a market that a lot of people aren't really even aware of.
Which is why it lists over 100 homes in Austin for over $1m?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Anyway, for all the people questioning why Saban would do this:

1) Texas is the best job in college football. Saban has made Bama look like it is, but Texas is #1 and has been for a very long time.

2) This is what coaches do.
The only thing that would make me even hesitate a tiny bit on your first claim is the fact that the Big XII does not have the same recruiting advantages of the SEC. Outside of that, Texas is the best in a landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote