Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread: Week 3

Thursday night:
TCU vs Texas Tech (ESPN)
Troy vs Arkansas States (ESPNU)
Tulane vs La Tech (FS1)

Friday night:
Air Force vs Boise State (ESPN)

Saturday noon:
#5 Stanford vs Army (CBSS)
#7 Louisville vs Kentucky (ESPN)
Tulsa vs #14 Oklahoma (ESPN2)
#16 UCLA vs #23 Nebraska (ABC)
Bowling Green vs Indiana (ESPNU)
Virginia Tech vs ECU (FS1)

Saturday afternoon:
#1 Alabama vs #8 Texas A&M (CBS)
Tennessee vs #2 Oregon (ABC)
Nevada vs #10 Florida State (ESPN)
Georgia Tech vs Duke (ESPNU)

Saturday night:
#4 Ohio State vs Cal (FOX)
Kent State vs #8 LSU (ESPNU)
Vanderbilt vs #13 South Carolina (ESPN)
Mississippi State vs Auburn (ESPN2)
#21 Notre Dame vs Purdue (ABC)
Oregon State vs Utah (FS1)
#20 Wisconsin vs Arizona State (ESPN)

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a dang wedding to go to on Saturday so I'm not going to be able to watch anything. Luckily it doesn't look like there are too many exciting games outside of Bama-A&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well gentlemen, the game you've all been waiting for is finally here.

Iowa vs. Iowa St.

The battle to see who can look less like a pop warner football team, which also brought this into the world 2 years ago:

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I have a dang wedding to go to on Saturday so I'm not going to be able to watch anything. Luckily it doesn't look like there are too many exciting games outside of Bama-A&M.
I'll probably only be able to watch one game all weekend so hopefully Bama/TAMU doesn't disappoint.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss needs to take care of business in Austin, but Texas is going to be pissed off after last week. I don't expect them to roll over like they did against BYU, that was embarassing.

Bama/TAMU will be awesome. JFF FTMFW.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their new DC is Greg Robinson, you guys should be more than fine.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of wanted Manny to stick around for this one. He was the DC at MSU when we were at our worst and they were at their best with Fletcher Cox, KJ Wright, and those guys. Would've loved for us to get the chance to beat him. Not saying it will happen, but it would've been nice to be the ones who ended his time there. Now we will probably lose.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I kind of wanted Manny to stick around for this one. He was the DC at MSU when we were at our worst and they were at their best with Fletcher Cox, KJ Wright, and those guys. Would've loved for us to get the chance to beat him. Not saying it will happen, but it would've been nice to be the ones who ended his time there. Now we will probably lose.
I understand. But Greg Robinson is possibly the worst DC I've ever seen. I was so sad to see him leave UM.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I understand. But Greg Robinson is possibly the worst DC I've ever seen. I was so sad to see him leave UM.
Pretty sure Tony Moeaki just ran 60 yards untouched down the seam again for another TD.

Seriously though, Robinson is really bad.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We play during the Bama-A&M game??? Damn it...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Kiffin tabbed Kessler the starter.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game for the Bruins. Really looking forward to this one.

Not looking forward to the 9am kickoff though.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vanderbilt is definitely a team that can upset us if we're still hung-up over the Georgia loss. Luckily for us this is a home game, where we're usually much improved.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So should I go to the Alabama-A&M game or go to a Texans game when they play the Seahawks or Patriots and still have quite a bit of money left over?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
So should I go to the Alabama-A&M game or go to a Texans game when they play the Seahawks or Patriots and still have quite a bit of money left over?
Bama A&M would be my choice, but I'm a college football fan before I'm an NFL fan. I've never been, but the atmosphere at College Station and inside Kyle Field for that game will easily beat out the atmosphere at Reliant. Not to mention if A&M wins it will be crazy there.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Bama A&M would be my choice, but I'm a college football fan before I'm an NFL fan. I've never been, but the atmosphere at College Station and inside Kyle Field for that game will easily beat out the atmosphere at Reliant. Not to mention if A&M wins it will be crazy there.
It is a tough choice since the Bama-A&M game is so expensive. I have never been to Kyle Field. I finally got to go to UT's stadium for their opener and that was awesome.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:42 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaboo ain't afraid of Nevada.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Big game for the Bruins. Really looking forward to this one.

Not looking forward to the 9am kickoff though.
Grab a Latte and a scone and it's the perfect appetizer for the Bama/TAMU game. I'm looking forward to seeing Barr and Vanderdoes on that Bruin defense.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Grab a Latte and a scone and it's the perfect appetizer for the Bama/TAMU game. I'm looking forward to seeing Barr and Vanderdoes on that Bruin defense.
You do strike me as a scone person.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to watching Barr in this game.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You do strike me as a scone person.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to watching Barr in this game.
I'm more of a red wine person but you have to have that scone once in awhile.

UCLA probably isn't going to win the Pac-12 with having to play Oregon and Stanford (and possibly one of them twice) and also having ASU and Washington on their schedule. With that i still like them to have a big year.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote from an article on jadaveon Clowney

Quote:
Against North Carolina and Georgia, Clowney officially racked up six tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and three hurries. He had six tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and two hurries at the same point last year, and that was after facing Vanderbilt and East Carolina. There were no potential first-round offensive linemen like James Hurst on ECU's line last year.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See this depends. If I stay in Friday night, then I agree it will be a great morning treat. However, if I go out drinking Friday night...that 9am alarm won't be great.

Regardless, I'm pumped. Games like this don't come around every year for UCLA. Should be a lot of fun...I hope.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
See this depends. If I stay in Friday night, then I agree it will be a great morning treat. However, if I go out drinking Friday night...that 9am alarm won't be great.

Regardless, I'm pumped. Games like this don't come around every year for UCLA. Should be a lot of fun...I hope.
How is Nevada?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
So Kiffin tabbed Kessler the starter.
he had two choices and they were both going to be wrong. Someone explain to me why you bring in Max Browne and have him sit behind two guys who have no future there. If they do then Browne should have gone somewhere else.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he had two choices and they were both going to be wrong. Someone explain to me why you bring in Max Browne and have him sit behind two guys who have no future there. If they do then Browne should have gone somewhere else.
He'll start off with a clean slate in the spring for his new coach.